NANCY GRACE ~ Wednesday, 12/31/08

Who know when you mention that maybe that was what was under the Big White Cover they pulled out of the woods. The Wrapped the Car Seat.

The car seat was in Casey's car when LE took possession.

It was jarring for me to see so much of the tapes all together, not in little shocking edited sound bites.

I watched Cindy closely and I'm thinking now that she doesn't believe Casey. She knows Casey is lying. She is being sweet as pie to keep Casey calm to try to beg information out of her, hoping against hope that Caylee is still alive.

Look at the way she asks Casey to look up into her eyes. (My Mom used that trick on me when I was a teen, to see if I was lying). She's comforting her crying daughter by telling her it's ok to cry. Casey is still her daughter no matter how screwed up she is, and Cindy loves her very much. But the scene that got me was the whole drum kit/apartment interchange. Cindy wants to see if Casey will lie to her about it, and she wants to see if "Zanni" is a real person or is just a made-up name that Casey uses when Caylee is drugged and locked up somewhere.

She realized Casey is a sociopath and was trying her best to continue with a normal family life, thinking about trying to get custody of Caylee, not realizing how desperate the situation was and how close they all were to tragedy.

Yes, I believe she lied up a storm to protect her daughter. But you know what, I would do the same thing to protect someone I loved. They hoped Caylee was still alive and searched and fought for Caylee while trying to protect Casey. I don't agree with a lot of the things she has done. But that's a mother's broken heart we're seeing there. I can't imagine worse pain, than to know that a) your daughter is a murdering sociopath and b) that daughter murdered your precious grandchild and threw her in the woods like a bag of garbage.

Cindy wasn't a perfect mother.
I don't know of any perfect mothers, and certainly not when every word they say and every move they make is disected by angry strangers.

Just some random thoughts. I'm sure quite a few of you will leap down my throat for saying this. But I believe Cindy and George are human, and they are grieving, and my heart goes out to both of them.

IMHO

:rolleyes: Stick around. You will meet plenty!!! :rolleyes:

I'm thinking it's a new one, or something? I don't know why there would be a different car seat. However, I can't think why Casey would give such detail about Zanny's car seat. I know that we have more than one car seat for our son, because we have more than one car? Did the Anthony's? Lee? She could have just gotten a hold of a new one. I know it's kinda strange, but I thought it was wierd she mentioned "pink floral car seat" and then there's the mystery object found at the site that was pink.

Lee with KC now... Lee's being all sneaky and covert now by reminding KC that everything is recorded and the best way to communicate is by writing (but the jail reads all incoming and outgoing mails, don't they?)
Yardie don't know if this has been answered, yes must correction facilities scan incoming and outgoing mail. EXCEPT, attorney mail! I think JB had it set up so that KC and family could communicate through him.

Whoa! KC said "I know but they're hearing it from her uncle, her grandparents... but not from her (loooonnnngggg pause...whisper) mother.

shiver!

THIS part really got to me. I still cannot get over her lack of hysteria. And notice, she looks to the left at that point also. And why weren't people hearing it from her "mother", we are still waiting to hear the truth from her. kc had to practically choke the word "mother" out of her mouth because she does not know the meaning of it.

Mermaid - fantastic post!! I saw this awhile back while watching the videos - and it is soooo sad!!! I thought CA was testing Casey through the whole thing -- and studying her responses sooo intently. GA apologizes before asking her whether she could have taken something from someone and the taking of Caylee might be from that sort of situation (if I explained that correctly), but he needs to ask that question. They tread very lightly with her and hold their voices very calm while asking these questions as they try to rule out all scenarios that could have taken place. They hold their emotions steady thru this ordeal also (while dealing with Casey, that is). They leave many, many openings for Casey to "come clean" with them. As her family, they themselves, know how they have to handle her to try and get information.

I agree too, they were trying to make it while considering trying to get custody of Caylee. Anyone who has been thru a custody battle knows how long that can take -- if Cindy had filed for custody the day Caylee was born, she might not have had it at the time of her death, the way the court system and dfs works. Plus, she had no grounds.

I agree, there are no perfect mothers -- and there are no perfect families, either. Throw into that mix the fact that law enforcement is not always perfect and a bunch of "unperfect" lawyers and "unperfect people" camping out on your driveway -- well, I shudder to think how confused and "unperfect" my behavior would be while dying inside over the fact that my precious granddaughter might be dead and my daughter may have done it!

I am not sure how to post this question so if it needs to be moved, I'll look for it elsewhere. For a long time, a brief snippet of a conversation has been going through my mind. It is between Cindy and Casey. It's in the very beginning of this debacle. Maybe one of the first phone conversations that Casey called home to speak with her family. Casey says, "What??, MOM, you don't know what my involvement is?? Then Cindy calmy says, Casey, sweetie, if you would just tell them the truth, you know and not lie...... Can anyone else but me remember this? Help. This case is making me crazy!!

What I thought was weird was when GA started talking about the finger thing and said the only thing missing to complete the finger was KC and Caylee, and then KC says " I'm still here". Did anyone else notice that?

Yes I noticed and it was a real red flag to me. It's like KC saying even if Caylee is gone YOU STILL HAVE ME.

There has been some debate over just how they are communicating and if its even legal the way they might be going about doing it.

I hope if this is improper (attorney to pass notes with the intention of circumnavigating the review system for messagin), that someone has contacted the bar review or whatever, since they are on tape saying they were doing it.

Such a brave little soldier! To eat . . . grits.

Blaise

:clap: She is a real trooper, ey?

Although being locked up in the cell 23 hours a day didn't leave her much to talk about except the micro-details of her meals. :woohoo:

If I hear her say one more time that "Caylee is my first priority" I am going to blow. UGH! She is definitely a front runner for Liar of the year.:clap::clap:

What was her first priority from June 16th - July 16th?

I always think that when I see her say that stuff in the videos. Umm, why are you crying now but were celebrating right after!

I don't know about the ring, but I keep wondering if they found Casey's sunglasses at the site on Suburban.!

That would make sense as to why she needed to buy a new pair on Amy's dime!!

Maybe she adjusted them to fit her nose or ears or something, so LE took the old ones to see if they were similiarly adjusted? I can't figure out the sunglass warrant otherwise..

Ridiculous! If Cindy were all that jealous, she would have been turning away from George and glaring at him, not snuggling on his shoulder. Many parents do things like this, it is an indication of the love they both have for their child, it is a shared emotional bond between them.
Would this doctor say the same thing if he saw the parents of a dead child leaning on each other at the funeral service? Of course not. Parents tend to show love to each other when their child is in some kind of crisis. It means the exact opposite of what Dr. Glass implies.

I respectfully disagree. I think the point is that she ONLY does it when George compliments KC.
Just as my dog runs over and tries to wedge herself between me and my son (errr, I mean 'that child') whenever we are sitting together. She wants to wedge herself in there as dog language for claiming the favored spot. She does not like me showing anyone else too much attention, and if I do, she pushes herself in the middle so I have to touch her first.

Something that struck me as "hmm" when I heard it this time on the tapes. KC is describing the car seat (car seat liner?) that the imaginary Zanni had in her car.

Then I remembered there is a picture here on WS that shows YM standing at the scene where Caylee was found on 11 DEC and he's looking at something pink. Strange coincidence.

ETA: She's very nonchalant about Zanni's physical description, the description of the car, but specific about this car seat (liner).

Yes I know that I quoted myself:crazy:

Today, 01:25 AM sttct
Okay, while reading the transcript it talks about Casey saying "Zanny had a pink floral car seat for Caylee". That picture with the detective holding a pink piece of fabric at the scene of the body. Could that be the car seat cover? Could Casey have mentioned it because she knew when the body would be found it would have that car seat cover. I'm going to go look for Car seats lol....

I'm with you on this sttct. I find it very curious. It would be interesting to know if the book and shoes that KC claims that Caylee spoke to her about in that "phantom" phone call were found with Caylee.

I can't find a transcript of the jail house visit with CA and GA where KC talks about this pink carseat or carseat liner.

It's probably nothing but I'm just curious.

I am not sure how to post this question so if it needs to be moved, I'll look for it elsewhere. For a long time, a brief snippet of a conversation has been going through my mind. It is between Cindy and Casey. It's in the very beginning of this debacle. Maybe one of the first phone conversations that Casey called home to speak with her family. Casey says, "What??, MOM, you don't know what my involvement is?? Then Cindy calmy says, Casey, sweetie, if you would just tell them the truth, you know and not lie...... Can anyone else but me remember this? Help. This case is making me crazy!!

That's the very first jail phone call - not jail visit, but jail phone call. It's audio only, not video. Some news websites list it as a call with Lee, but it includes Cindy, Lee, and friend Christine.

Hope that info helps you find it.

Thanks for your help, I sure would like to hear that conversation again. Not that it means much one way or the other, I guess. But it sort of struck me that Mom knew, at that point, exactly what Casey's involvement is.

wishicouldhelp I found this on youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTErOwr53XQ

Can anyone point me to where I can watch this episode online? I can't find it anywhere and am dying to see it :clap:

"What??, MOM, you don't know what my involvement is?

I thought this was when Casey was berating her mom for what she said to the media or LE.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back