Nancy Grace's View of the WM3? Past and Present?

I happened to see the title of this thread "Nancy Grace's View of the WM3?" and I saw that none of us know the answer :waitasec:

I think the supporter involvement is dwindling down since they NEVER went through with their hearings and NEVER kept their promises with the evidence that would 'prove their innocence'. But, keep sending us money anyway, while we go traveling about our merry ways...

The supporter involvement is not dwindling. I don't know why someone would think that. We are still actively working to gain the exoneration of the three falsely convicted men. We have lots of help, too. On January 12th, after Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory premieres on HBO, I predict that many more supporters will become involved. We will achieve our goal.

I think people are beginning to realize that they've been had. That's sad...

The only people who have been "had" are the people who believed that the WMPD conducted a thorough investigation and arrested the proper people. Those people seem to be bitter and are lashing out for some reason. I guess that they're just unhappy that they can't have their barbeque. That's not sad; it's sick.

I think that most of the people who believe the WMGuilty are in fact guilty and that there will never be anymore testing/hearings done about this case because it's a closed case.

That is the sad part. No one will ever truly know who is guilty except, of course, the ones who murdered those children.

I wish that the WM3 would have waited for the evidentary hearing. From what the supporters' sites reported, they would get new trials and the outcome would be exoneration and freedom. They may have been able to demonstrate their collective innocence.

There will always be those shadows over each of the three. And, I believe them to be guilty, but I can certainly admit that they are the only ones who really know the truth. That case will never be re-opened because everyone from the 3 to the state of Arkansas will have too much to lose if it is. IMO

IMO, I don't know if the case will "officially" be reopened or not. I am confident that the three innocent men will eventually be exonerated, however. If that means that the case has to be reopened, so be it. That doesn't worry me or the three innocent men.

It probably worries the real killer, however, and I'm sure that he will do all he can to see that the case remains closed. I don't think he'll be successful. I just hope that his trial and conviction doesn't have the mistakes that the first one did. I don't think it will.

IMO, a new wind has blown through West Memphis, bringing with it reason and sanity. The people responsible for that new wind will want this blight on the justice system in Arkansas resolved. It isn't at the current time, and I believe that, after Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory is released, even more questions will be raised. There will be even more pressure from the citizens of the State of Arkansas and other supporters to "get it right" and put the real killer in prison. It all begins again on Jan 12th.

That is the sad part. No one will ever truly know who is guilty except, of course, the ones who murdered those children.

I wish that the WM3 would have waited for the evidentary hearing. From what the supporters' sites reported, they would get new trials and the outcome would be exoneration and freedom. They may have been able to demonstrate their collective innocence.

There will always be those shadows over each of the three. And, I believe them to be guilty, but I can certainly admit that they are the only ones who really know the truth. That case will never be re-opened because everyone from the 3 to the state of Arkansas will have too much to lose if it is. IMO

I think they want to maintain their innocence to keep the gravy train rolling. They (the Echols) have become wealthy with all the celebrity donations plus what the misled supporters have also given them.

I agree, AR considers the case closed and no reason to open it, even if the WMGuilty claim that will be happening soon. I wouldn't hold my breath...

I think they want to maintain their innocence to keep the gravy train rolling. They (the Echols) have become wealthy with all the celebrity donations plus what the misled supporters have also given them.

Think what you will. The WMFree are maintaining their innocence because they are innocent. It's that simple.

I agree, AR considers the case closed and no reason to open it, even if the WMGuilty claim that will be happening soon. I wouldn't hold my breath...

Of course Arkansas doesn't want to reopen the case and be shown to be idiots. However, when the totality of the information that the defense has is presented to Ellington, the public outcry will force the hand of the State - unless they want to continue to look like the total idiots that they look like now. Time will tell . . .

Obviously I disagree with you about them being guilty, but apart from that I broadly agree with your post. While I am not going to judge them for taking the Allford pleas, (in their shoes I would probably confess to being Jack the Ripper if it would get me out of prison), there certainly is part of me that wishes they'd waited.

Its a deeply unsatisfying end to a deeply disturbing case, whichever way you look at it.

Hopefully some of that dissatisfaction will be alleviated when the three are exonerated, which I pray will happen soon. However, the timetable isn't mine to make.

I just saw a case on ID where the husband of the victim was the initial suspect. There wasn't sufficient evidence against him, however, and the State dropped the charges. The town, however, still considered him to be the guilty party.

Twenty-five years later, a DNA sample that wasn't the husband's (which is why he was released) was identified through CODIS. The slime ball who was the donor, when caught, instead of going to trial, plead guilty, but claimed that the husband paid him to kill the woman. The husband was able to disprove the allegations, and slime ball went to jail for life. (I believe his DNA was also used to solve several other outstanding murder cases.)

It took 25 years, but the innocent husband (who was presumed guilty by the town) was eventually exonerated. We've only got seven years to go! My point, of course, is that eventually the truth will out. I just hope it's soon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back