Nancy, the runner

Status
Not open for further replies.
This weekend (Labor Day, USA) is the VA Beach Rock & Roll Half Marathon that NC was training for...

This weekend (Labor Day, USA) is the VA Beach Rock & Roll Half Marathon that NC was training for...
Thanks, runr, for bringing it to our attention. I hope her friends will still participate in her honor. Will you be doing it? If so, good luck!

Thanks, runr, for bringing it to our attention. I hope her friends will still participate in her honor. Will you be doing it? If so, good luck!

The race is Sunday. Here's a link to the race web site. They'll probably post the results within a day (if not the afternoon) of the race. Can check to see if JA (and/or CC) opt to run. [ IIRC it was the 3 of them that planned to do it together ]. For that matter, can check to see if anyone else (HM, SH, BC) opt to run.

It's certainly understandable either way, and no doubt for them, will be hard either way. (Running it, or not).

As with almost all large races like the R&R Half, results will be online before the end of the day. Racers are listed by whatever name they choose to call themselves on the race application.

(For example, in most races, I could register as Tinkerbelle Obamacain, and that is the name they would use in race results postings. Very few of the big races check id. All they care about are that people run with legitimate race numbers and don't "bandit" and that age group/gender winners are who they say they are. For we mortals plodding along, it could be anyone. I would not be surprised if one of NC's friends ran in her honor wearing her number this weekend.)

As with almost all large races like the R&R Half, results will be online before the end of the day. Racers are listed by whatever name they choose to call themselves on the race application.

(For example, in most races, I could register as Tinkerbelle Obamacain, and that is the name they would use in race results postings. Very few of the big races check id. All they care about are that people run with legitimate race numbers and don't "bandit" and that age group/gender winners are who they say they are. For we mortals plodding along, it could be anyone. I would not be surprised if one of NC's friends ran in her honor wearing her number this weekend.)

Wonder why anyone would run under false name...

From the results, it does not appear that JA ran in the race, although she and NC were both registered. :-(

From the results, it does not appear that JA ran in the race, although she and NC were both registered. :-(

Yeah, I noticed that too... was sad to see their names on the list, but no split times for either. [ A reminder of the intentions ]

Didn't see anyone else (registered or participating) [CC, etc]

Yeah, I noticed that too... was sad to see their names on the list, but no split times for either. [ A reminder of the intentions ]

Didn't see anyone else (registered or participating) [CC, etc]

I didn't see CC name listed.

Reading into this a bit, I wonder if this is another reason JA surmised something wasn't right when BC mentioned CC and NC might be jogging together on Saturday morning. Had CC just decided or was talking about not pursuing this event around the time NC was murdered?

from www.runnersweb.com
"Only 800 entry spots left – The B-52s headliner concert and revamped course finish highlight 2008 event

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va., (July 16, 2008) – The Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon Virginia Beach, presented by SunTrust, is ramping up for the August 31, 2008 event – and there are only 800 entry spots available. "

from www.runnersweb.com
"Only 800 entry spots left – The B-52s headliner concert and revamped course finish highlight 2008 event

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va., (July 16, 2008) – The Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon Virginia Beach, presented by SunTrust, is ramping up for the August 31, 2008 event – and there are only 800 entry spots available. "

Runr...I have been all over the link you provided and can't locate what you quoted on here. Was this from something you had downloaded?

I was actully trying to find the different metals that are given out at these events, and thought I might recognize the one that is at NC site. I will just have to go take a photo of it unless someone else goes to see it and figures which one it came from.

I guess that is also why CC might not be listed as you said...maybe signed up late?

There's a Carey that signed up but is under a different last name...however she lives in Cary and is in the 34 - 39 age bracket.

This evening I was able to get a photo of the metal (the one I mentioned on Aug 31st) that was placed at the site where NC was found.

Maybe someone will be able to tell which race or date it might have come from. There is no race or date printed on it.

This evening I was able to get a photo of the metal (the one I mentioned on Aug 31st) that was placed at the site where NC was found.

Maybe someone will be able to tell which race or date it might have come from. There is no race or date printed on it.

Beautiful candle, Mom.

It's a nice medal. No idea what race/date, but it brings tears to my eyes to think of someone doing this for Nancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona