NBC Dateline: Missing Mickey 29 Jan 2013

Charlie is AMAZING! A true strong woman. A woman of great courage. May God Bless her! Those Shunicks are a strong bunch! May God Bless them all!

So when was the picture of the truck in front of the Advertiser taken? My husband said that they said it was 8 hours BEFORE the gas station picture?

It was definitely too short, because the conclusion of it seemed to be really jumbled. There was so much more to it. But I do like how they stuck more to MICKEY than BSL because it should be in her honor. I do agree, there should have been less on Rocky McGee.

It's sad that Lisa Pates name wasn't even mentioned. I wish they would do a program on Lisa Pate dedicated entirely to her as well...

And yes, Mickeys mom rode mickeys bike. Don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure she learned to ride a bike specifically for that event. I think that's why she had on a helmet, because she was just learning to ride.

That was really hard to watch.
Too much comes back.

It's just so strange how you can have so much compassion/love for someone you don't even know. It's like you just wish you had a time machine to be there with her, fighting him off in every way, and getting him put away BEFORE he ever got to harm her or anyone else.

We love you Mickey Shunick, rest in peace <3

Yes your right mickeys mom said she learned to ride a bike just so she could ride it then. And she did rise mickeys bike. Nancy posted all that on FB

The show was good, but I agree with others that it was too short. I am amazed at how strong Mickey's family is. Mickey fought that with everything in her. I think she would have won the fight if the coward hadn't had a gun.

Hey Guys! Good reading your posts again.

I was on TigerDroppings where Adam4LSU and others are posting. One poster knew the fisherman who snagged the submerged bicycle while reeling in a fish. What are the chances of that happening? Obviously an answer to thousands of prayers!

"One of the guys caught a fish. Upon reeling it in, the line snagged the bike. Bike was submerged.

They kept the bike because their dad or uncle is in the scrap metal business.

When they got home, a female in the family immediately recognized the bike from the fliers and the media.

They called the police at that point.

And it gets even more interesting; the fishermen have a long history with BSL."

So when was the picture of the truck in front of the Advertiser taken? My husband said that they said it was 8 hours BEFORE the gas station picture?

I think I heard the 8 hours part, too.

The way I'm understanding it, after they zeroed in on BSL, they still needed a way to be sure that was HIS truck in the footage following Mickey. I think they searched traffic footage (of other times) looking for his license plate number to show -- think maybe it did, on the Advertiser cam, and they noted items in the back of the truck in that footage that they were also able to make out in the footage of the truck shortly before the encounter with Mickey. Just my understanding -- someone jump in and correct/add to if I'm wrong.

I think I heard the 8 hours part, too.

The way I'm understanding it, after they zeroed in on BSL, they still needed a way to be sure that was HIS truck in the footage following Mickey. I think they searched traffic footage (of other times) looking for his license plate number to show -- think maybe it did, on the Advertiser cam, and they noted items in the back of the truck in that footage that they were also able to make out in the footage of the truck shortly before the encounter with Mickey. Just my understanding -- someone jump in and correct/add to if I'm wrong.

yes, that's what i think they were trying to get across.

i thought that next to the ice chest there was a gold and black wheel, but they didn't say that, so I guess my eyes were playing tricks on me??

there is a
"web exclusive" on dateline's website of BSLs confession. i know that most of us have seen it already. they cut some parts out

yes, that's what i think they were trying to get across.

i thought that next to the ice chest there was a gold and black wheel, but they didn't say that, so I guess my eyes were playing tricks on me??

bbm: Think I saw some kind of wheel or tire -- guess just something else he had in the back of the truck

Yes your right mickeys mom said she learned to ride a bike just so she could ride it then. And she did rise mickeys bike. Nancy posted all that on FB

I bet Mickey was smiling a big smile down on that! You know she had to be.

Wow, this brings back so many emotions.

Good to see so many familiar names posting and down on the "Viewers" thread -- quite a few guests, too.

It was quite a "ride" we took together looking for Miss Mickey. God bless her, her family, her friends and her animals.

One thing, from the show, I felt I got a little better "overview" of some of the physical settings around Lafayette, Church Point, etc. My computer monitor is kind of small, so seeing things on a bigger screen helped. You more local folks, I bet it REALLY brought back things for y'all. The searches, etc., all of it.

Good to see so many familiar names posting and down on the "Viewers" thread -- quite a few guests, too.

It was quite a "ride" we took together looking for Miss Mickey. God bless her, her family, her friends and her animals.

One thing, from the show, I felt I got a little better "overview" of some of the physical settings around Lafayette, Church Point, etc. My computer monitor is kind of small, so seeing things on a bigger screen helped. You more local folks, I bet it REALLY brought back things for y'all. The searches, etc., all of it.
BBM
YES!!! A glorified moment for me after all these months...to just see Ms. Mickey riding freely in the night! Better than a still photo. I saw her FREE! A free spirit...right before... :(

Lots of emotions...especially when we locals travel the streets, ride the routes, pass often :seeya: by her ghost bike...

Some of us just will never forget her impact on our hearts...
BSL...Psssstttt.

I agree. It really took me back to frustration and sadness we felt at the time. It was interesting to learn more about the evidence in the case and to see BSL's wounds.

I must say I was impressed with his defense attorneys. I think they played a huge role in bringing the truth to light, which is such a rare thing for a defense attorney to do in so many of the cases that we read about. Without their influence, the Shunicks may never have found their Mickey.

It is a comfortable sense of closure for us that so closely followed Mickey's case to again be together to see this report and comment together. THANKS Bessie for the special forum. And so true, Mickey will forever have a place in our hearts.

I may need to watch the video again to catch details on the truck; they went so fast over how it became a truck of interest and where & when it was spotted that night. Did not cover the relative's story on burning truck. Or how he got back from TX. LE did a good job and it is clear that some details were withheld at the time (only natural I guess) - such as the items in the back. The show blew through the whole truck portion fast; shoot, we spent days and prolly thousands of posts hunting and talking about the DWT.

I know that when I see the first butterfly this Spring... I will think of Mighty Mickey. RIP sweet girl.

Thanks everyone for coming here tonight and sharing your thoughts & feelings.

I too was so anxious watching as it brought back so many feelings! I couldn't figure out how they were going to tell this story in only one hour. I was left feeling somewhat empty afterward. I don't know what I actually expected but my DH watched it with me as he wanted to see what had consumed me this past summer. He thought they did a good job but somehow for me it just could not capture the intensity of all that was involved, although they did try within the hour they had.
I got chills when they showed the bike. Seeing it on the large screen was different than my computer. Also was chilling to see the moving video of mickey riding her bike that night vs a still frame shot.
Charlie made me cry again. She had to be the strong one she felt. She is an amazing person!
I pray that her family will continue to be healed.:rose:
(((Hugs to you all))):grouphug:

https://www.facebook.com/findmickeynow?fref=ts

FIND MICKEY SHUNICK NOW

Let us set an example for all of you. The missing are never alone. Fight for them, stand up for them, support them, send love to them. Remember that bad things can happen to ANYONE and regardless of the circumstances everyone deserves to be returned to a place where they are loved.

dateline showed a few new details, but they left out some of the already released details that could have enhanced the show. it should have been 2 hours. they left out his trip to the hospital, his prior arrest, his childhood misconduct, that personal items of women were found in his trailer. i'm not saying that they did a bad job, but there was so much more that they could have included. i suppose they didn't have enough time??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back