GUILTY NC - 2nd Lt. Holley Wimunc, 24, Fayetteville, 10 July 2008

http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=298888

Fayetteville police are investigating the disappearance of a female soldier from an apartment where the remains of a fire were found Thursday morning.
They are calling it an arson and a missing person’s investigation, according to Capt. David Houp of the Fayetteville Police Department.
Sources identified the soldier as 24-year-old Holley Lynn Wimunc, a lieutenant who works at Womack Army Medical Center. She lives in Morganton Place Apartments on Wayah Creek Drive. The complex is off Morganton Road.

According to the above article there is a twist!

Court papers show that on May 19, Wimunc filed a domestic violence complaint against her husband, 23-year-old John Patrick Wimunc, a Marine based at Camp Lejeune. Thursday was John Wimunc’s birthday.

Late last year, she also got a court order against an Illinois woman whom she accused of stalking her online and by telephone.

In the domestic violence complaint, Holley Wimunc said that on May 17 John got intoxicated and held a loaded handgun to her head and his own head. She said they struggled and he choked her and threw her around their living room. He also wrote his initials on a bullet, she said, and had told his mother he planned to hurt himself.

Chief District Court Judge Beth Keever issued a temporary restraining order on John Wimunc, barring him from further contact with Holley Wimunc. The order expired May28. The case was dismissed when John Wimunc appeared in court to face the complaint, but Holley never showed up.

In the stalking case, Holley Wimunc on Oct. 29 accused Lindsay Hunter of Avon, Ill., of harassing her. On Nov. 19, Keever ordered Hunter to leave Wimunc alone.

Reached by telephone Thursday, Hunter expressed shock when she was told that Holley Wimunc was missing. She said she had never met Wimunc in person, but they had argued over Wimunc’s husband at one time. Hunter said she no longer has contact with either of them.

This doesn't sound like it will end in a good way. I would have to say the husband is the perfect POI. Her myspace site sounds like she is a lovely, fun girl and ready to take on a war. I guess she had her own wars going on with this husband instead. Bless her heart. Scumbags like him need to get worse than a Restraining Order placed on them for carp like he pulled already! He was a timebomb and it sounds like he went off, sad to say.

Comparing the two myspace pages:

She signed up on April 9 and last log in was May 24.

He signed up on May 20. Last update on May 24. Last logon June 17.

Neither one of them did much with the myspace, but it looks like soon after he signed up, she quit going to it. When she quit going there or didn't give him his response, so he quit going to.

BTW, I just noticed he signed himself as a proud parent- she doesn't mention children.

Wow. What's up in Fayetteville?

Either there's more to that letter claiming Zodiac as an inspiration than I want to believe, or some dude was inspired by the Touma murder to make his own homicidal resolution to marital woes.
Thats the exact thing that went through my mind as soon as I heard this.

Wow. What's up in Fayetteville?

Either there's more to that letter claiming Zodiac as an inspiration than I want to believe, or some dude was inspired by the Touma murder to make his own homicidal resolution to marital woes.

Now that the girl's name has been released and her and the ex's myspaces found, I'm seeing two homicidal men who wanted to get rid of their ex, not a real serial killer copy-cat.

Susan

Wow, I hope police have found his MySpace. The things you all wrote here about when they signed up and what he wrote help put this puzzle together.

I feel so bad for Holley and her family :(
This doesn't seem to have a happy ending.

Now that the girl's name has been released and her and the ex's myspaces found, I'm seeing two homicidal men who wanted to get rid of their ex, not a real serial killer copy-cat.

Susan
I totally agree! The letter and mention of Zodiac came from the first man's training in psychological warfare or such. They are both scumbags.

About me:
i wish i could have the one thing back, that i have always wanted. i will never stop ....... this person. i dont know if it will ever happon but i will keep on wishing 4 it. dont treate the things u have bad, cuz u might lose them tommarow. dont be like me and lose everything!

Who I'd like to meet:
u know who

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=382087424 (Bolded by me)

Pretty much sums it up, I would say.

Early on I read that they were looking for the husband in regards to the arson. But now I am not seeing anything about the husband. We should be hearing that police are looking for him, he is missing things like that. But maybe since they have released Holley's picture they may have decided to go that route first, then release the info on him.

Wimunc’s husband, Marine Cpl. John Wimunc, was questioned by police Thursday, according to a Marines spokesman.

Maj. Cliff W. Gilmore, spokesman for the 2nd Marine Division, said Cpl. Wimunc was released back to his battalion Thursday after the Marines made him available for interviews.

The Marine Corps is keeping tabs on Wimunc’s whereabouts, Gilmore said.

http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=298957

LOL, answered my own question about the almost ex hubby.

Comparing the two myspace pages:

She signed up on April 9 and last log in was May 24.

He signed up on May 20. Last update on May 24. Last logon June 17.

Neither one of them did much with the myspace, but it looks like soon after he signed up, she quit going to it. When she quit going there or didn't give him his response, so he quit going to.

BTW, I just noticed he signed himself as a proud parent- she doesn't mention children.

Sorry about quoting my own post.

Timeline

Oct. 29 Holley files an harrassment complaint against a woman- alleges the woman is posting pictures of herself and John on the internet along with comments pointed toward Holley.

Nov. 19 Order granted.

April 9, Holley signs up on myspace, says looking for friends.

May 17 Holley alleges a domestic violence incident took place

May 19 Holley files domestic violence complaint and a temporary protection order was granted

May 20 John signs up on myspace

May 24 Holley logs on to myspace the last time

May 24 John updates myspace

May 28 Temporary protection order expires because Holley fails to show up for the hearing

June 17 John last logs on to myspace

July 9 A man seen running from the apartment complex, smell of smoke in the air

July 10 Coworker finds burnt apartment, police find broken apt. window and Holley's car in the parking lot. It is reported that Holley had been missing for several days.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3189603/

http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=298888

hello people in both cases there are simliar things that seems to be a possible connection the first is the locations which is about 2 miles from each other is that both females were stations at fort bragg and in both caese each one had the word creek in it like the name of the hotel where the first female died and the second case was the name of the road.

In the first case the letter sent to the local newspaper had the hallmarks of a previos case as in the zodiac killer from the late 60's and early 70's in them event the kill killed or attacked its victims in locations with something to do with water like in the 2 cases in north carolina with the word creek.

Also in the letters from the zodiac killer in he 60'2 and 70's the killer typed the letters with a typewriter like in the north carolina cases.

we could have here a serial killer on the loose pretending to be the zodiac killer or he or she or them are trying to creat something out of nothing or could we be indeed have the return of the zodiac killer that as stayed quite until now.

just a thought on this please commit on this if you have a opinion ok

Martin, Holley was reportedly missing for several days and her apartment was thought to have been burned on Wed. night. Any thoughts on why a Zodiac wanna be would go back to the apartment several days after her disappearance and burn it?

to burn any trace of the killer been there for reasons that will come out soon if the police provide more details as there are denailing key info at this time the quicker they releases details the better chance the killer will be caught in both cases as it is seem that people are suggesting things that might not be true.

mkay882
user_offline.gif

Roll Tide!

I guess we can be thankful the military seems to have learned something on this the third female.

They're actively going to see why they didn't show up where they were supposed to be.

Until now, the standard response was the soldier wasn't AWOL for 30 days...

WHAT 3RD PERSON HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING

This reminds me of the 2 cases near chicago with the peterson case and the stebic case as people suggested that the 2 married man had something to do with the cases of they wife's so far no proof suggests this like in this cases people are joining dots hoping they connect when it could be a possiblity of a serial killer in north carolina like in chicago area.

to burn any trace of the killer been there for reasons that will come out soon if the police provide more details as there are denailing key info at this time the quicker they releases details the better chance the killer will be caught in both cases as it is seem that people are suggesting things that might not be true.

Why wouldn't he have burned the apt. while he was there the first time, rather than risk going back several days later? Why didn't he burn the motel room that Touma was in?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back