GUILTY NC - 2nd Lt. Holley Wimunc, 24, Fayetteville, 10 July 2008

Sure, the calls are at www.jdnews.com

There are about 6 different stories on there about this case since it happened in Onslow County.

Her body was dismembered and there were knives and hatchets found in the pit with her remains. They were talking about the similarities between this case and the Lauterbach case and once again, Brown has spoken without class and without regards to the feelings of the people involved. (If you watch his press conferences, you'll notice how he puts details out about the hands found in both cases)

The guys arrested are Marines here at Camp Lejeune. Alden's mother is claiming that her son had nothing to do with it, and that he was just giving a friend a ride to Fayetteville (which is about an hour from Jacksonville). But, in the interview with Alden, he told deputies that he and Wimuc were the men seen running from her apartment.

Thanks for the link to the calls and the stories, Jadenn! :)

Woah! You're right...how odd...saying, "Cool," when told there was a burned body! (Unless it's just a coping mechanism, given the things he would see in his job?!)

I may have missed discussion about this already, but I was listening to the 911 calls this morning from when the fire was reported and then from when the fire dept reported finding the body.

I am from Jacksonville and live here now. I'm apalled by the comments made by our local LE. When the dispatcher calls LE to relay the info from the fire dept, the deputy responds with "Cool".

Maybe it's just me, but these guys need some sensitivity training.

Jadenn, I'm from the area too and I was appalled with the deputy's response too. And the dispatcher seemed like she was a little on the unprofessional side too, IMO.

It may have been "cool" to him, but to the casual listener, it wasn't "cool", and his comment was in very poor taste. I agree with you that the OCSO personnel need some sensitivity training.

The gentleman who originally reported the fire, I wonder if he realized the OCSO was not going to redact his phone number when the tape was released? Can you imagine the phone calls he may get?

Note to self: The dispatcher's already have your phone number when you call in so tell them when they ask they for it, they already have it and I don't want it out as public information.

Welcome new Websleuthers!

Another sad case.

I guess there's nothing else to say except I'm glad they found the people most likely responsible for this horrible,horrible crime.

Thank goodness this poor woman took such good care of her children. When she realized her soon to be ex was a danger, she sent them to stay with their dad. Who only knows what would have happened if the children had been there too.

:(

JMHO
fran

What is int he water at Camp LeJeuene?
First we have a pregnant female and her unborn child murdered and burned.
Then a pregnant female found dead in a motel room
Now another female found burned. And all of these events in recent months.
I would be interested to know a few things:
1) Were all three of these men POI's under the same cammand?
2) Did these three men know eachother somehow?
3) Is there some kind of training going on at this base that would make men go to this drastic measure? Meaning a tactic taught to the men for combat, or a tactic that is too stressful to deal with and they are not mentally fit after completing some kind of tactic training.

I just find it odd that there is a rash of female officers being slain, and all in the same area. If I was an investigator in these cases I would be looking into these things. Its just too odd.

I was talking to my boyfriend about this last night. I was wondering if all three of these men (that are accused or charged) were in Iraq or Afghanistan? It seems to me that it is quite a coincidence that they were all in the same area. I was thinking that maybe they were in war and when they came home the snapped and killed their wives, girlfriends, ect,.. A friend of mine was in both countries for three tours and they only gave him 30 days to "be conditioned to be back with civilians". I found this not very much time considering the things he did and saw there. JMO

My husband is currently enlisted in the Army Reserves and has served in both Afghanistan and Iraq. I'm not sure if it's standard operating procedure or just a precautionary measure put in place by his command battalion, but I routinely get calls from a military victim's assistance center. They question his behaviors at home pertaining to both abuse and just plain odd behavior. They've also given me many different phone numbers to contact in case of emergency. We've never had a problem, but it's comforting to me to know that there is someone out there I could talk to if ever we did. If this isn't a standard practice throughout our military, it certainly should be. As we've witnessed, many of these women need someone who will be "on their side".

My husband is currently enlisted in the Army Reserves and has served in both Afghanistan and Iraq. I'm not sure if it's standard operating procedure or just a precautionary measure put in place by his command battalion, but I routinely get calls from a military victim's assistance center. They question his behaviors at home pertaining to both abuse and just plain odd behavior. They've also given me many different phone numbers to contact in case of emergency. We've never had a problem, but it's comforting to me to know that there is someone out there I could talk to if ever we did. If this isn't a standard practice throughout our military, it certainly should be. As we've witnessed, many of these women need someone who will be "on their side".

This is a good thing MissouriLady. Thank you for the information!

It's nice to see our military is not only looking after their soldiers, but their family as well.

fran

PS......Thank you to your husband for his service and you too!

Court appearances are over for Wimunc and Alden. Wimunc is facing LWOP or the DP for the murder charge. Alden and Wimunc are facing 19 yrs. 1 month on the arson charge, 8 years 2 months on the conspiracy charge. Alden is facing 21 years 9 months on the accessory charge.

I am curious to know if Wimunc thinks possibly facing the DP was worth killing Holley?

Sandy~ Welcome to WS! The problem is they don't think they will ever get caught. He probably still believes a jury would never convict him!

ETA: Yeah...what Liz said! LOL

Ha!, by the pic at that link, he doesn't think it's funny anymore.

Did you happen to notice Alden's eyes? He's got some of the deadest looking eyes I've ever seen! The pic of him looking straight forward - frightening.

Liz, IMO, Alden is very sinister looking. Someone was asking about his previous crimes. I did read somewhere he does have some, but it didn't stick out as anything major at the time I read it. Now I can't find it.

SS, He's an idiot isn't he?

Liz, IMO, Alden is very sinister looking. Someone was asking about his previous crimes. I did read somewhere he does have some, but it didn't stick out as anything major at the time I read it. Now I can't find it.

SS, He's an idiot isn't he?

Alden has a court date of 7/28 for misdemeanor assault on a female in Onslow County.

You can check on any defendant here: http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars/CitationQueryByName.html (this is for the entire state of NC)

Ha!, by the pic at that link, he doesn't think it's funny anymore.
Screen cap from court appearance video this morning with his attorney
2ilmsly.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ammereignw