NC - Boys 8, 9, & 11 rape 9 yr old girl

I wish it were just "permissive parenting." From what I see, its NO parenting.

Indeed. And much of that absentee parenting is based in economics, such as (a) the perception that living in the right neighborhood and getting the kids into the right schools is essential if they are to compete in the job market; and (b) the fact that most Americans now have to work far more hours to maintain a middle-class lifestyle. Obviously, beliefs play a part, such as the belief that said lifestyle is more important than time with Mom or Dad, but those culture-wide beliefs are rooted in economic realities.

You're right about that!!!! MTV definately has some videos that shouldn't be shown until after midnight.

I watch a decent amount of MTV, and IMO, there honestly not that many videos even shown on the channel. It is mostly reality programming these days.

I wish it were just "permissive parenting." From what I see, its NO parenting.

Jeana, sometimes, that is sadly true. There are certainly situations/circumstances where both the Mother and the Father just do not care or were not around. And sometimes fate just deals a child a real bad hand. However, many situations are rooted in a total absence of caring, which is beyond detestable. Those situations are despicable.

But despite how children might end up in such a fate, every so often a caring person will enter the scene and save the day. To that end, I am going to post the link to a salvation/success story that I doubt few readers here know about. It's worth reading.

"That kid I was telling you about — that’s him. Big Mike.”

“But he’s wearing shorts,” she said.

“Uh-huh. He always wears those.”

“Sean, it’s snowing!”

And so it was. At Leigh Anne’s insistence, they pulled over. Sean reintroduced himself to Michael and then introduced Michael to Leigh Anne.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“To basketball practice,” Michael said.

“Michael, you don’t have basketball practice,” Sean said.

“I know,” the boy said. “But they got heat there.”

Sean didn’t understand that one.

“It’s nice and warm in that gym,” the boy said.

As they drove off, Sean looked over and saw tears streaming down Leigh Anne’s face. And he thought, Uh-oh, my wife’s about to take over.

The next day in the afternoon, Leigh Anne left her business — she had her own interior-decorating firm — turned up at Briarcrest, picked up Michael and took off with him. A few hours later, Sean’s cellphone rang. His wife was on the other end.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/24/m...90&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss&pagewanted=all

I watch a decent amount of MTV, and IMO, there honestly not that many videos even shown on the channel. It is mostly reality programming these days.

The reality programs are worse than the videos. Have you seen A Shot at Love with Tila Tequilla, Flavor of Love or I Love New York? NOT something that we want our children watching.

The reality programs are worse than the videos. Have you seen A Shot at Love with Tila Tequilla, Flavor of Love or I Love New York? NOT something that we want our children watching.

Tila Tequila is trash, as are the other shows you listed. However, the other two shows are on VH-1, not MTV.

And I was referring to your comment on the videos - MTV rarely shows videos these days.

Tila Tequila is trash, as are the other shows you listed. However, the other two shows are on VH-1, not MTV.

And I was referring to your comment on the videos - MTV rarely shows videos these days.

Well you're certainly right about that; however, I should have been more clear and said "what they show on MTV and the like." Feel better?:blowkiss:

I have my doubts that this crime had a lot to do with sex, unless all three perps have tumors on their testes or there is something in the water where they live. But rape is rarely about sex anyway-it is simply a means of exerting dominance. The kick for the rapist is in the taking-and there are some good MRI studies out there showing some men with these kinds of desires (habitual offenders) have a frontal cortex that is withered or works at a smaller percentage than the rest of us. It's like a sociopath who has been shown to have nerve endings further from the surface of their skin. They don't feel sensation as much and need their stimulation to be extreme. It is evolution, or global warming, or PCB's in the water perhaps...in some cases it wouldn't matter if they were well parented or not.

So I am not so strong on the single parent/black babies/social strata/godless connection. I have met too many people who have lived through childhoods of mindblowing hell only to rise above, successfully love and raise family, hold down jobs, laugh, cry, get pissed off and nurture their scars without taking a howitzer to anyone...even the perp. Peace to all, especially the wounded angel victim in this thread...I am weeping for you baby.

I have my doubts that this crime had a lot to do with sex, unless all three perps have tumors on their testes or there is something in the water where they live. But rape is rarely about sex anyway-it is simply a means of exerting dominance. The kick for the rapist is in the taking-and there are some good MRI studies out there showing some men with these kinds of desires (habitual offenders) have a frontal cortex that is withered or works at a smaller percentage than the rest of us. It's like a sociopath who has been shown to have nerve endings further from the surface of their skin. They don't feel sensation as much and need their stimulation to be extreme. It is evolution, or global warming, or PCB's in the water perhaps...in some cases it wouldn't matter if they were well parented or not.

So I am not so strong on the single parent/black babies/social strata/godless connection. I have met too many people who have lived through childhoods of mindblowing hell only to rise above, successfully love and raise family, hold down jobs, laugh, cry, get pissed off and nurture their scars without taking a howitzer to anyone...even the perp. Peace to all, especially the wounded angel victim in this thread...I am weeping for you baby.

Excellent post, Believe. I especially agree with the part I bolded. :clap: :clap:

I would like to know if these boys have older brothers who may have introduced them to rape; either committing it against someone else or through movies.
It is not just black fathers who are leaving their families, it is all races. They used to say it takes a whole village to raise a child. Now the whole village looks the other way.
If many single mothers could band together in local areas, and organize themselves to help out one another, (take turns babysitting, etc) maybe we can preserve some of what is left of the future of humanity.

It probably had alot to do with the 11 year old encouraging the younger ones, to help out or something like that. Maybe he was calling the younger ones wimps or something.....maybe not, but I am willing to be he was the ring leader in this incident.

Kel

How did we get on a discussion of race?? We dont even know the race of these boys, do we?

I don't believe this crime has a lot to do with sex either. I believe these boys were acting out their own hurt, whether it be from sexual abuse, or abuse of whatever kind, they were badly hurt and needed to hurt someone else.

Well, I just spent my time reading 6 pages of posts that mostly DID NOT have to do with the subject heading. Normally, after a subject heading you read about the subject matter at hand. In this case, would have been "Boys, 8,9, & 11 rape 9 yr old girl".

That being said, if someone took the time to edit (copy and paste) readers posts, it would end up that MOST EVERYONE AGREES to one or two ideaologies. Just being said in different ways.

I have raised two boys, and very distinctly remember them taking a bath and playing with their private parts (only know this because I would knock and enter the bathroom without waiting for their reply to make sure they were ok a couple of times). They were very embarassed, but we would discuss after they got out of the tub and were ready for bed on how it was natural for them to explore. Of course, questions were asked by them on why their private part would (trying to put this delicately on a public forum) rise and they felt excited. More than often when these questions were raised, I got DH to talk to them.

I would spend the time to explain on how to treat girls, respect girls, etc. etc. etc.

Unfortunately, this is not the first time that a young boy of these ages have raped a girl. In most of those cases, there was a history of sexual abuse or abuse of any kind within the family. Can't say that I have seen where there were three that young, but I would have to beleive the poster that said one was the aggressive one and the others then followed.

NO MATTER WHAT...................HOW TRAGIC FOR ALL OF THESE YOUNG KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can only hope and pray since they are so young, that intense major counseling for years will provide them the resources to grow up to become productive citizens.

Also, the parents should have the same resources, albeit, if there are other children in the household. (In other words, intervention by the Human Services Department should be interviewing, counseling,), and make the corrective actions based on their results.

I think part of the problem is boundary issues between siblings.

When I was young, older children in a family didn't talk about sex with younger siblings. We all had our own activities which didn't include having your little brothers and sisters hanging out with you. And if anyone boasted about sex, it wasn't with the little kids listening. In fact, you didn't want them listening in because it would provide them with something to hold over your head when they threatened to tell the parents.

But today there is too much discussion about sex in front of kids who are really too young to know what it's about. Teenagers goof off in front of their siblings who listen and understand far more at a very young age than is good for them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels
Back