NC NC- David McMicken, 24, Michael Norman, 32, William Clifton, 30, Beaufort County, 10 Dec 1982

At this time, law enforcement agencies have not confirmed if the Chevrolet axle belonged to the Camaro. Mayo was told there are “no other active missing persons cases in Beaufort County that involve a Chevrolet.”
1707554522088.jpeg
Mayo said if the axle is not from her father’s Camaro, she hopes it will bring a sense of closure for another family.

It was a “somber day,” Mayo said. She was “a little in shock. Like, it is real? Are we really doing this right now, because this has been something that I’ve been passionate about not giving up on for a long time.”

Seeing the axle come out of the water made her father’s story “feel real.”

“Before they pulled it out of the water, I don’t think it was real,” Mayo said. “It’s brought three families together that probably wouldn’t have otherwise been in each other’s paths.”

She is “grateful” that people are taking her father’s story seriously forty-one years after he disappeared. She is also “grateful” that information can be found and shared over the internet and social media. She’s not sure the vehicle would have been found had it not been for social media.

February 11, 2024

1707673396121.jpeg

WASHINGTON, N.C. (WITN) - Human remains were found in an Eastern Carolina creek where a vehicle was pulled Saturday night that could be connected to three missing men from the 1980s.

The car is believed to be the same kind of vehicle that three men were last seen in before they disappeared back in the 1980s. William Clifton, David Micmicken, and Michael Norman were last seen on December 10th, 1982, at the former VIP bar in Chocowinity.

Great read, imstilla.grandma.
From the article:
“Based on what I’ve seen and what we’re looking at now I’m confident that yes it is the individuals from 1982,” says Police Chief Phil Rollingson. “DNA testing will take some time but the forensic anthropologist that was here was pretty confident that we would be able to get a DNA sample from the remains that were recovered.”
To all the men's families, wishing you peace and closure.

by: Jason O. Boyd, Ryan Carter Feb 12, 2024 rbbm
]]Chief Phil L. Rollinson with the City of Washington said during the weekend that more car parts and human remains were located. All of the human remains were collected and transported to the Medical Examiner’s office in Greenville for further examination. Rollinson said the ongoing investigation will involve the collection of DNA from the remains and testing of said DNA samples for comparison with known family members of the deceased.

“This case has endured in the minds of Beaufort County residents since December 10, 1982, when it was originally investigated by the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Department,” Rollinson said in a media release. “At this time, the Washington Police Department is confident this vehicle and the remains recovered are those of the three Beaufort County men who have been missing since 1982: William Clifton, David McMicken and Michael Norman.”

Rollinson said the VIN number matches the vehicle that went missing. It means officials are one step closer to solving a cold case that’s left three families without answers for more than 40 years.

“It was possible that they were going home from where they were coming from,” Rollinson said Tuesday.

Feb 14 2024
1707921336959.png
''Investigators said they were driving a 1975 Chevrolet Camaro when they disappeared.
It was in such bad shape, it was hard to even identify that it was a vehicle at all, much less a ’75 Camaro,” Sidney Dive Team Captain John Scott Rose Jr. said.''

''The person who brought this case back to the surface, Jason Sourada, is from Myrtle Beach. He heard of this case and constructed a device that could dig deeper into finding the car.
“I wanted that feeling to be able to help someone find missing loved ones, but Jack’s Creek was along the route that they would’ve taken home, so I decided to put my remote-controlled solar boat in there because regular boats can’t access the area that I scanned,” Sourada said.''
Feb 13 '24

Last edited:
@Cackalacky I hope you find answers on the whereabouts of your father. Have you done commercial DNA tests for Family Tree DNA and uploaded to GED Match which are the sites used by the organisations that help identify those without names? This is a different process than giving DNA to the police for CODIS. (Sorry you probably know all that, just thought it was worth a mention).

I cross-posted in the thread of a UID found in 1987 near Charlotte with a PMI of 5 years and wondered if he could have been one of these 3 men. The UID was found in a creek bed, which made me wonder if the men and their car ended up in a body of water and remains washed out at some point. NC - NC - Charlotte, WhtMale UP79088, 20-30, cranium in creek bed, PMI 5 years, Sept’87 (websleuths.com)
I am a new follow to this case after reading about the recent discovery of the missing vehicle attached to the men. Your hunch had merit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seneca730
Back