NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typically the lawyer would CALL and ARRANGE a meeting with LE if their client wanted to talk to LE. Just walking into a courthouse and assuming the LE contact was present and not busy and could just talk right then and there isn't very professional, IMHO.
Soooo why doesn't that lawyer just call LE and make that appointment???
Because it wouldn't make news then. Couldn't complain about how frustrated his clients are...blah.. blah... blah... :banghead:
The Parsonses would benefit from separate lawyers, IMO!
:facepalm:

I think you meant to quote Esquire because he is the one that brought forward
the info about the cancelled meeting.

But .... Can you cite an MSM article that says the PARSONS did not have an appointment with LE ?
I just listened to this video which says that LE told the PARSONS to come in because
they had more questions. The when the PARSONS came in LE cancelled the appointment ...

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/dss-officials-apparent-special-treatment-parsons-n/nZwt3/

jmo - but i agree that erica was re-homed or sold to the highest bidder - casey tried to give erica away before but then took her back as she was nervous because of the checks she was continuing to receive.. there was an article can't locate it now that indicated that casey became concerned with the well being of her children with her continued poor health and this was just the beginning of the placement of the children?? jmo - i am still not comfortable with james parsons waiting as long a he did to report erica missing... there is more to that part of the story i think, again jmo

I keep reading that getting a sketch artist is this
persons job or this persons responsibility. Parents who worry about being duped and having a child in their care kidnapped don't worry about procedure or job detail. They make a pest of themselves to get their unbelievably valuable information to LE and the public. Kinda like the excuse to go on the dr. Phil show in the first place. This case seems like the Jon benet case in that the parents portray the idea that they are helping LE, when in reality they are not and LE is holding back and waiting for a smoking gun. We have no information because the only person with any possible information is not divulging or not thorough enough in their story to get any detail whatsoever. This isn't LE fault or the attorney's fault. It all falls on SP and CP.

BBM I agree, it seems to me the adoptive parents would at least try to use all means at their disposal to find Erica and to make sure that she is safe.

see , to me this is the kicker-
"A short time later she went to live with another relative after Casey, her new mom, told family members she “couldn’t stand to look” at the child, according to search warrants in the case.

After eight months Erica was taken back by Casey and Sandy Parsons only because they were afraid of losing the state check they received each month for Erica, the warrants say."

snipped & BBM- http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...e-coulddisappearand-no-one.html#storylink=cpy

SO then later on, just because this mysterious Nan & company supposedly enter the picture, and these presumed visits take place, resulting in Erica 'being an unruly teen' and not wanting to come home- so THEN it is OKAY to let her just go on her merry way and aha! the Parsons can keep her checks?? This time???

no, sorry, not buying it....the first time is with supposedly a closer family member...where if they half way gave a rat's hiney about her they would at least know where she is, and other extended family would know too...
and then with a virtual stranger? A loose arrangement at best, and that is supposed to somehow justify continuing to collect a check??

no..I do not believe this for one second...the duper wasn't duped...the duper is only duping.
IMHO the only thing sinister with this whole cotton picking fairytale , is that something nefarious occurred, that did not involve mystery grannies, et al....and persons continued to gain afterwards. I may be wrong but I think someone knows the truth.

so, why 'waste' your time pleading for her whereabouts, when you already know? Feigning innocence has got to be difficult.

perhaps CP can find a bootleg copy of FACES 4.0 and print out some sketches

yes Scmom- it would be nice to see CP again on camera...and see if there are any new twists to the tale she may have forgotten and would like to share, now that she has had time to contemplate the situation she has found herself in. One would certainly hope that their 'national' attempt on Dr P wasn't their only idea of 'getting the word out'

I think the time for interviews, with the media and LE, has passed for CP. I think team Parsons first story went over like a lead balloon and any further corrections, such as being duped, will not be received any better.
As for LE enlightening the public with what is going on with Erica's case, I expect nothing until they have facts to further show what has happened to Erica.

yeah, prolly too late to make addendums /corrections to what was presented thus far
SO where is this little bitty, bless her....I sure wish someone that knew her, like the school teacher that spoke kindly of her, would come out and share ...and someone would speak out about the last time they actually saw her ( unless that could hinder investigation)
so sad

I just wanted to share a totally off-topic post that only fellow sleuthers could understand.... after months of searching for a long lost adoptee, we found him today, and he is already on a bus to his brother. My heart is doing cartwheels for this family.

I guess some people will move heavens and earth to find their 'loved ones', while others don't give two hoots at where their children are..... or how they are. My own family is currently divided. I love them.... but don't 'like' them. Out of curiosity, I keep tabs on them via facebook and gossip channels.... THAT is human nature. But, what becomes of families who lack the 'human nature factor' and how does it eventually manifests itself? Maybe I am asking the wrong people here. ;)

I've been trying to remain open minded and consider the possibility that someone pretending to be 'Nan' duped the Parsons. But it seems too far-fetched. Why pretend to be Irene when the real grandma was Chloe? Why pretend to be someone who died 5 years earlier? Nan is the central figure, so why/how would a scammer get those details wrong? Wouldn't a scammer think Casey might verify the facts with Carolyn?

I struggle to let go of scenarios that are very unlikely but not impossible. But on this one, I think I can let go. Firstly someone would need a reason to target Erica and/or C&S Parsons. Then the mystery person has to learn facts about Erica's family to impersonate 'Nan'. But whoops...they failed to get Nan's first name right or realise she is dead. Then the Parsons have to fall for it with no mention to extended family. And not just fall for it at the start, but continue believing it after losing all contact with Erica. And now that Casey seems to admit they were duped, she is still not concerned about Erica's welfare? If this is the work of some scammer, they have to be the luckiest ever. Am I missing something or does Casey really want people to believe that this incredible set of circumstances actually occurred?

HEAR YE, HEAR YE, all of you who wanted more information about this story, who wanted to hear Casey Parsons say, "I miss her very bad" and provide other details about Erica, including what "could be the last picture ever taken of Erica", then watch this clip.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/23508951/exclusive-casey-parsons-opens-up-about-missing-teen

If I had a million dollars, I would bet it all that 99% of you will change your tune after watching this. <Mod Snip>

Regardless, this is the first real news in the case in a while. Tune in tomorrow night for more, including where Casey says Erica is.

No charges ..yet, maybe- I am sure that pesky little taking checks thing was just a honest mistake.
"she knows where Erica is and it's not with Nan" SO produce her then!!!, oh wait , maybe Erica's with Grandma Duper.............

nope. not buying, sorry I can not bring myself to think of this woman as a 'victim'...if I am wrong, I will say I am sorry if proven so

No charges ..yet, maybe- I am sure that pesky little taking checks thing was just a honest mistake.
"she knows where Erica is and it's not with Nan" SO produce her then!!!, oh wait , maybe Erica's with Grandma Duper.............

nope. not buying, sorry I can not bring myself to think of this woman as a 'victim'...if I am wrong, I will say I am sorry if proven so

BBM
Quite a jewel of a statement there. Can't wait for the rest of the story.

HEAR YE, HEAR YE, all of you who wanted more information about this story, who wanted to hear Casey Parsons say, "I miss her very bad" and provide other details about Erica, including what "could be the last picture ever taken of Erica", then watch this clip.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/23508951/exclusive-casey-parsons-opens-up-about-missing-teen

If I had a million dollars, I would bet it all that 99% of you will change your tune after watching this. <mod snip>

Regardless, this is the first real news in the case in a while. Tune in tomorrow night for more, including where Casey says Erica is.

To be fair to Satan, I think he could spin a more convincing story than Casey Parsons :dervish: I would liken Casey to an evil step-mother type character from a Brother's Grimm story. But I hope this is the Disney version and Erica will be found safe and happy.

at 1:42/1:43- CP says- 'I want to know where she's at'

Okay CP, so which is it?
geesh I need drink and I am going to bed- it's like Billie babble

If CP wanted a sketch done. of the person who she alleges to have her adoptive daughter, it would already be done. She, her husband, or attorney could have hired someone to do it without LE. If fact, I am sure someone would have volunteered to do one for her.

As a parent who can't even draw, I would have done one myself if my child was "missing".

:twocents:

Here's a quote from the interview.
CP: "There's nothing we've done wrong. There's no charges that have been brung up against us. There's nothing."

Jumping off your post...

First of all, CP shows NO emotions regarding Erica. Zero. Very flat when speaking of her. Continually blames Erica. CP has yet to blame herself for allowing a young teen to make such a huge decision (not that I buy that Erica is with "Nan") of where she would live (another eyeroll). ALL Erica's fault! Even now, when she states that Nan probably isn't Nan, she still doesn't take personal responsibility. She blames Erica. I don't believe a word CP says. Period.

Second, just because there are no charges, doesn't mean you aren't guilty of something and those charges aren't coming! Just because you say you "miss" her doesn't make it so. If you "miss" someone, you don't wait for LE to come knocking on your door.

IMO - they moved to hide evidence, erase anything about Erica that they could. I am glad that James came forward and has shut his mouth. Hopefully, LE got some evidence before the family home was dismantled.

I also noticed that CP didn't BEG for her daughter to come home or to let LE know she was ok! That smirk on CP's face when she says people don't know them says it all to me. This woman is very deceptive. It probably was in her best interest to zip it, but I am glad she did the interview. Reminds me of what poor Erica had to live with. Contrary to what CP thinks, ERICA is the victim!!

:banghead:

If I had a million dollars, I would bet it all that 99% of you will change your tune after watching this.<Mod Snip>

Good Lord, if your child has been missing for TWO years, why does anybody have to wait until 11pm news to find out where that child is?

Did you guys hire a publicity agent or what?

:banghead:

If my daughter was missing, I wouldn't say "if she is not scared or hasn't heard bad things about us"...blah, blah to media.

I would say, "ERICA, there is nothing to be afraid of, we just need you to contact someone and let them know you are OK".

You speak TO your child, not giving excuses to the media why they won't contact you. JMO.

That really doesn't look like a new photo of the kids. I know she is small but she doesn't look anywhere near 13 in that pic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragin_Cajun83