NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for butting in your thread, I live in Chapel Hill area, went in a convenience store in Chapel Hill today, woman at counter told me that a cop (she did not specify which force) told her that they "had" perp and that we would all be hearing about it real soon. So this is third hand vague info, but intrigued me. I immediately turned on the radio, no news. :waitasec:

Saw lots of you saying that phone was found near durham, technically that is correct, but near an area of durham that is virtually indistinguishable from Chapel Hill, major gang areas of Durham are probably 25 - 30 minutes from site. There are several pockets of low income, high crime, high drug use right in Chapel Hill, they don't necessarily need to import criminals from durham!

Hope my inside info turns out to be right, but who knows?

Thanks so much for the inside info, booradley!
We're all waiting for that! Enough is enough!
Having a child in school at Carolina, who is home right now for break, I think alot about Eve Marie Carson's parents receiving that horrific call they got last week! God bless them! I can't imagine it!

That violent act should never have happened!:furious: These lowlifes need the maximum punishment! They made their choices. They deserve to be held accountable for them!
Thank you again for this hopefully good news!:clap:

It's funny how in the article they don't even mention the fact that it could be related to the Eve Carson murder...Raleigh/Durham are not that far from Chapel Hill and the description fits. Makes me wonder even more if they really have caught someone in Eve's case and so they know this isn't the guy.

just a few misc. notes:

1) I live in the (Chapel Hill) area of interest and have looked over a couple of the immediate convenience stores that don't match up to the published pictures -- I think those shots are from a store in Durham instead.

2) the cell ph. was found around Eastgate Shopping Ctr. possibly being ditched on their way back to Durham... if they did drive back to Durham there is a 24-hr. WalMart on the way (off highway) --- would be worth checking the surveillance tapes from that store (both inside and outside parking lot) on off-chance they might've stopped there for a late-night purchase; hope LE has already considered that....

3) Finally,I've quickly looked over the 6 banks that have ATMs in the general area of focus. There are only 2 banks that might fit the published picture and I'll try to narrow that down to one tomorrow maybe (one being the BankAmerica branch mentioned earlier). NONE of these banks have two rows of ATMs set up in a manner that would allow that discussed photo 'background' to be a 2nd ATM --- at first I thought this meant it must indeed be a second vehicle, but on further inspection, think that the background may just be building structure farther back -- funny how what you see can change considerably depending how you focus on things...

...really amazing (and disappointing) there isn't already a name attached to at least one of these perps by now.

Excellent first post!!! Will look forward to reading more from you Webthrush. Welcome to WS!

Yeah definitely not going out alone. 5 pm??? That was bold. I wish we could carry weapons on campus. I feel so defenseless.

And yeah, interesting they didn't mention a possible relation to Eve's murder. Maybe they already have them in custody?

Yeah definitely not going out alone. 5 pm??? That was bold. I wish we could carry weapons on campus. I feel so defenseless.

And yeah, interesting they didn't mention a possible relation to Eve's murder. Maybe they already have them in custody?

It is possible they have one - still searching for the other so don't want to announce it. Playing one against the other maybe. Either way they need to be removed from the streets - both are obviously dangerous and really don't value life.

I think the guy in the convenience store is the one that was in the back seat. He has the dark jacket on, the one that was driving has on a gray sweatshirt.

I am hopeful that one is in custody. I just don't know how LE works in dealing with some of this criminal stuff! But I feel like tey may have one and working on him for info on the other. ( ? )
My husband said last night that pretty soon parents will receive word that their college bound children will need to bring ( 1 ) a laptop and ( 2 ) a gun! He may not be far from the truth!

Saying prayers for LE's hard work to pay off soon.:blowkiss:

My guess is this is the guy from the back seat. This isn't the driver in the ATM pict....he has a 'fro and this guy in the store looks like his hair is braided or dreaded. JMO.

He looks like the same guy that was driving to me....same hair...skinny face but it looks like he may have on the jacket that the person in the back was wearing. It looks like it is awful big on him. He isn't wearing his hat but he has that same bushy hair as the driver.

Boo,

I hope your information is right.

Boo, what are you talking about....."butting into our thread"??? You have been here since 2004! Welcome to the discussion, it is MOST appreciated! Webthrush, if you can figure out which ATM was possibly used, and give an address, I would be eternally thankful! I discovered a new tool today on google. I went to google "Maps" and put in the address for the area where Eve was shot. The "street view" allowed me to travel all the way back to where her vehicle was discovered, and then turn around and travel all the way back to her apartment. I was struck by how rural this area is.....especially the area she was shot. Do you think perhaps the perps got lost and circled around the loop there and perhaps she jumped from the vehicle and ran??? That would explain her being shot "multiple times" with blood on the side of the road, and then her body being found in the middle of the road - if she were then chased and shot up close after having run. I want these guys caught SO bad I can taste it. I hate them. :furious:

I'm not sure if these two links have been posted yet as, this is my first post. I hope I did this correct. I also noticed the second person in the backseat of the car as soon as the pictures were posted. Hopefully they will catch this guy quickly....

Teens helps with Carson murder investigation:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6013341

and

Registered Sex Offenders Live Next To UNC Campus:

http://raleigh2.com/default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=1&twindow=&mad=&sdetail=625&wpage=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=2502&hn=raleigh2&he=.com

I'm not sure if these two links have been posted yet as, this is my first post. I hope I did this correct. I also noticed the second person in the backseat of the car as soon as the pictures were posted. Hopefully they will catch this guy quickly....

Teens helps with Carson murder investigation:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6013341

and

Registered Sex Offenders Live Next To UNC Campus:

http://raleigh2.com/default.asp?sou...=&subname=&pform=&sc=2502&hn=raleigh2&he=.com

Thanks Momof2, and welcome to WebSleuths! You did it exactly right! The posting you linked about the teens helping just proves the point that someone, somewhere, HAS to recognize this (Piece of S..t). I sure hope they make an arrest. I have to go to work tomorrow, and I really need to get my work done instead of playing with ATM photo's and obsessing on whether or not there is a cadillac in the background. I just can't get this case out of my mind for more than a few seconds!!!

Welcome to WS, Momof2! Thanks for posting the story!! It is heartwarming to see how many people she touched and to the extent. She truly was a role model for so many young adults.

I wish they had not put where this kid went to school and so much information on him. It is very dangerous if they are dealing with a gang. It worries me they are not taking it into consideration when doing their stories.

just a few misc. notes:

1) I live in the (Chapel Hill) area of interest and have looked over a couple of the immediate convenience stores that don't match up to the published pictures -- I think those shots are from a store in Durham instead.

2) the cell ph. was found around Eastgate Shopping Ctr. possibly being ditched on their way back to Durham... if they did drive back to Durham there is a 24-hr. WalMart on the way (off highway) --- would be worth checking the surveillance tapes from that store (both inside and outside parking lot) on off-chance they might've stopped there for a late-night purchase; hope LE has already considered that....

3) Finally,I've quickly looked over the 6 banks that have ATMs in the general area of focus. There are only 2 banks that might fit the published picture and I'll try to narrow that down to one tomorrow maybe (one being the BankAmerica branch mentioned earlier). NONE of these banks have two rows of ATMs set up in a manner that would allow that discussed photo 'background' to be a 2nd ATM --- at first I thought this meant it must indeed be a second vehicle, but on further inspection, think that the background may just be building structure farther back -- funny how what you see can change considerably depending how you focus on things...

...really amazing (and disappointing) there isn't already a name attached to at least one of these perps by now.
Welcome to WS, Webthrush! Wow! For a first post, you have been doing your homework! Thanks for the input and keep up the great work! It does help to have people in the area to scope out things and give us the skinny on them!

Your welcome and, I know what you mean. I can't get it out of my mine either. Someone somewhere knows something about these 's. Most people who does these types of crimes can't keep it to themselves because, they just love to brag on what they did. Just recently in the county where I live at there was a stabbing and,then a retaliation shooting on the same day. Come to find out it was all gang related and, two different gangs were involved. The guy that was stabbed was on the local tv staying stuff like an eye for an eye and, a tooth for a tooth. I can only imagine that the person/persons that knows there 's is scared to turn them in due to retaliation if it is gang related. Dunno but, I just pray that an arrest comes quickly. This is really scary that they are still out there on the streets.

Momof2

I was thinking the same thing about all of his information being in that story. That is the only link I found about him too. I would think they would keep that information private. Hmmmm. :(

Momof2

I think it was a random crime, but due to the notoriety of the score, these kids went from merely being initiated soldiers to heroes, and their people will protect them & try to keep them underground.

Well, unless they lead lives where they are truly underground, or unless they totally change their looks, they are toast. These guys are not your typical young black males. Their look is distinct, and they will be noticed by someone who isn't a big fan of whatever gang they belong to. At some point, the knowledge will be a valuable chip to bargain with LE. Even if they don't get fingered by someone......a life that places so little value on life is not one that is destined to last. These guys are short-timers in this realm.......and probably long timers in a place much hotter. Sad really.....all the way around.

I will admit I was totally wrong about the crimes (Auburn's Lauren Burk) not being random and linked together!! What a remarkable coincidence tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member