NC NC - Faith Hedgepeth, 19, UNC student, Chapel Hill, 7 Sep 2012 #3

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Native American UNC student found murdered in her apartment and
more than a 1,000 from her tribe mourn the 19-year-old's mysterious death

Police are investigating the mysterious death of a 19-year-old UNC Chapel Hill student as a murder.

Faith Hedgepeth, a member of the Haliwa-Saponi tribe of Hollister, North Carolina, was found dead in her home around 11am on Friday.

Police have not disclosed whether they are questioning a suspect or if they have made any arrests. Chapel Hill police have confirmed that they are treating the death as a homicide and say they don’t believe it was a random act.
---
Hedgepeth was a biology major who won a Gates Millennium scholarship to study at UNC.
---
More than 1,000 people from the Haliwa-Saponi tribe gathered to grieve Hedgepeth’s death during the tribe’s annual powwow on Sunday.
---
According to her friends, Hedgepeth planned to return to live with the Native American tribe, which has about 4,000 members, after she finished her studies.
---
much more, with pictures and a video, at Daily Mail link above

Thread #2

Last edited by a moderator:
Miguel Enrique Salguero-Olivares: Man Charged in Faith Hedgepeth’s Murder

“Salguero-Olivares received the assistance of a translator during the court appearance. His next hearing was set for October 7, 2021.“

I still don’t understand the fast food bag that had the “I’m not stupid, B$&#h…” sprawled on it.

If Salguero-Olivares needed a translator for his court appearance, it seems unlikely he wrote that message. IMO. I think there’s more to this case and there may be additional guilty parties involved.

I do hope that Faith’s parents feel some peace.

“Salguero-Olivares received the assistance of a translator during the court appearance. His next hearing was set for October 7, 2021.“

I still don’t understand the fast food bag that had the “I’m not stupid, B$&#h…” sprawled on it.

If Salguero-Olivares needed a translator for his court appearance, it seems unlikely he wrote that message. IMO. I think there’s more to this case and there may be additional guilty parties involved.

I don’t know, I think a lack of proficiency in English may help explain the odd, broken-language-like nature of the bag note. And perhaps these days courts routinely offer a translator for the legalese of a court proceeding if a defendant with English as a secondary language wants one.
...But nothing will surprise me too much at this point o_O

I don’t know, I think a lack of proficiency in English may help explain the odd, broken-language-like nature of the bag note. And perhaps these days courts routinely offer a translator for the legalese of a court proceeding if a defendant with English as a secondary language wants one.
...But nothing will surprise me too much at this point o_O

Possibly, maybe they can do an analysis of his handwriting.

His DNA is on the note, so there is no question he wrote it. Second, him being uncomfortable writing in English actually explains a lot of the weirdness around the note, such as why the words appear to be out of order. In retrospect, it really should have been obvious that the author of the note had to be a person with a poor grasp of the english language.

Last edited:
His DNA is on the note, so there is no question he wrote it. Second, him being uncomfortable writing in English actually explains a lot of the weirdness around the note, such as why the words appear to be out of order. In retrospect, it really should have been obvious that the author of the note had to be a person with a poor grasp of the english language.

DNA on the note doesn’t mean he wrote it. Karena’s DNA is most likely on the note; does that mean she wrote it as well? What about Brandon Edwards since he was at Time Out w/ Karena when they got the bag; if his DNA is on it, does that mean he wrote it too?

But let’s just say Miguel did write it, why did he write what was written on the bag? And why did he place it on/in the center of the bed for Karena to find? If he did write the note, it would be hard to dismiss a possible connection between Miguel and Karena.

DNA on the note doesn’t mean he wrote it. Karena’s DNA is most likely on the note; does that mean she wrote it as well? What about Brandon Edwards since he was at Time Out w/ Karena when they got the bag; if his DNA is on it, does that mean he wrote it too?

But let’s just say Miguel did write it, why did he write what was written on the bag? And why did he place it on/in the center of the bed for Karena to find? If he did write the note, it would be hard to dismiss a possible connection between Miguel and Karena.

So if Miguel wrote the note (which he pretty obviously did), that somehow inculpates Karena? That doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
So if Miguel wrote the note (which he pretty obviously did), that somehow inculpates Karena? I don't follow your train of logic.

“He pretty obviously did” - what evidence do you have that he actually wrote the note? Brandon Edwards’ DNA was all over their apartment; does that mean he’s involved too? Please do explain.

And the note read “I’m not stupid b*tch jealous” and was left on/in the center of the bed for Karena to find upon returning home and you don’t think there is a connection between whoever wrote the note and Karena?

“He pretty obviously did” - what evidence do you have that he actually wrote the note? Brandon Edwards’ DNA was all over their apartment; does that mean he’s involved too? Please do explain.

And the note read “I’m not stupid b*tch jealous” and was left on/in the center of the bed for Karena to find upon returning home and you don’t think there is a connection between whoever wrote the note and Karena?

Has Brandon Edwards been arrested or named as a suspect? No? Well, then he obviously didn't write the note. The only person who has been arrested or named as a suspect is MESO, and his DNA is on the note and the pen used to write the note. MESO obviously wrote the note.

Last edited:
If you accept the premise that MESO committed the murder, then there is no reason to not also believe that he wrote the note. And if you believe that MESO did not write the note, then who did? And you're not allowed to say "Karena" because her DNA wasn't on it.

Just because Miguel was the first person to be arrested, that doesn’t mean he did everything by himself. Law enforcement has consistently stated that they believe more than one person was involved in this crime. Law enforcement has also stated that this crime was not random. So again, I’ll ask you - if you think Miguel wrote the note then why did he write “I’m not stupid b*tch jealous” and leave it for Karena to find?

On a separate note (unless you work in local law enforcement) - how can you say with certain that Karena’s DNA wasn’t on the note? That seems almost impossible to me since she’s the one who brought the bag home from Time Out.

Just because Miguel was the first person to be arrested, that doesn’t mean he did everything by himself. Law enforcement has consistently stated that they believe more than one person was involved in this crime. Law enforcement has also stated that this crime was not random. So again, I’ll ask you - if you think Miguel wrote the note then why did he write “I’m not stupid b*tch jealous” and leave it for Karena to find?

On a separate note (unless you work in local law enforcement) - how can you say with certain that Karena’s DNA wasn’t on the note? That seems almost impossible to me since she’s the one who brought the bag home from Time Out.

Police have absolutely never said that they believe more than 1 person was involved. They said they would investigate it as a possibility after MESO was arrested, but that's it. And I personally doubt that anybody besides MESO will ever be arrested in connection with this murder; this really seems like a 1-man job.

Last edited:
I’m keeping an open mind. From everything I’ve read, there were some odd occurrences that day and evening and into the early morning hours when Faith was killed. IMO, I think there’s a possibility that others are involved. I strongly feel that MESO didn’t write that note. MOO

I’m keeping an open mind. From everything I’ve read, there were some odd occurrences that day and evening and into the early morning hours when Faith was killed. IMO, I think there’s a possibility that others are involved. I strongly feel that MESO didn’t write that note. MOO

I strongly feel that he did, as all the evidence points to that conclusion.

Police have absolutely never said that they believe more than 1 person was involved. They said they would investigate it as a possibility after MESO was arrested, but that's it. And I personally doubt that anybody besides MESO will ever be arrested in connection with this murder; this really seems like a 1-man job.

Maybe I’m wrong. Listen back to the intvs with Celisa/Blue/Woodall from Gaspo’s pod, if you’d like to confirm.

But I think that Miguel is just the first domino that will fall. I suspect at least 2-3 others will go down in the end. We have to remember that withholding information is a crime as well, and I believe there has been a lot of that in this case. Time will tell though.

Maybe I’m wrong. Listen back to the intvs with Celisa/Blue/Woodall from Gaspo’s pod, if you’d like to confirm.

But I think that Miguel is just the first domino that will fall. I suspect at least 2-3 others will go down in the end. We have to remember that withholding information is a crime as well, and I believe there has been a lot of that in this case. Time will tell though.

The great majority of murders are committed by individuals. Murders committed by conspiracies of 2 or more persons are the exception. So the presumption should be that this murder was committed by a singular perpetrator unless police actually make another arrest or name another suspect.

The great majority of murders are committed by individuals. Murders committed by conspiracies of 2 or persons are the exception. So the presumption should be that this crime was committed by a singular perpetrator unless police actually make another arrest or name another suspect.

So why do you think Miguel wrote that note and left it for Karena to find in the morning?

Why would he leave it for law enforcement? If he was trying to misdirect with staging, why would he leave his own DNA on the note and everywhere else in the apartment?

The note was an attempt to misdirect law enforcement, by getting them to believe that the murder was more personal than it actually was. The fact that he made no attempt to conceal or destroy forensic evidence just indicates that the crime was more impulsive than premeditated, a lack of forensic sophistication on the part of MESO, or both.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back