NC NC - Jamie Fraley, 22, Gastonia, 8 Apr 2008

Do you know if they were aware of his previous murder conviction at the time he made these threats? Was Jamie? Were his threats taken seriously and reported to LE? Thanks.

at least at the time, no they weren't aware of previous conviction. not sure jamie was, at least she didn't tell her family because she didn't want to scare them nor to hold it against her b/f.

http://www.gastongazette.com/spotli...s-up-search-for-missing-gaston-woman-1.368565

Kim Fraley refuses to let the disappearance of her daughter Jamie Fraley die without answers. More than seven years later, Kim Fraley has landed the help of a national group to keep her daughter’s story in the spotlight.

Help Save the Next Girl, a national non-profit agency, will be in Gastonia in early October to host an awareness event for Jamie Fraley...

Fraley’s hope is that by keeping the case alive she may reach the one person who might have information on her daughter’s whereabouts.

I was binge-watching episodes of Disappeared that I hadn't seen before this morning on Netflix (such an annoyance that I have to get the US one to see it) and caught Jamie's episode.

She looks so young and vulnerable and to have been ill as well. :( I'm pointing the finger at Ricky Sr, though I don't think he'd give up any information even if he was still alive. I think if she's found, it'll take a lucky break.

Just saw this on Disappeared today. Bumping.

Bumping for Jamie as we approach seven years with no resolution.

Personally, I think Simonds Sr. knew more information about her disappearance but I'm not sure how involved he was. The fact that he managed to get himself locked in a trunk tells me that he would not have been capable of successfully disposing a body on his own. He's obviously capable of murder as that was his intention of getting into the trunk in the first place but I doubt he acted alone in Jamie's disappearance.

Gaston County police still searching for woman missing since 2008
By Adam Bell
04/01/2015 11:25 AM

Snipped:

“Based on the time frame, we don’t believe (Fraley) is still alive,” Ramey said. But the case remains a missing person one, and Ramey said, “You never want to give up hope.”

Fraley was 22 at the time of her disappearance, and would be 29 today. She is white, 4-feet-8-inches tall, with blond hair, brown eyes and weighed 90 pounds.

QZFtFAVm.jpg

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article17096195.html

Saw a post on facebook. I have seen all the Disappeareds as far as I know but dont remember this case, will have to rewatch.
He has probably hidden the body well and someone stumbling onto it will probably be the way she will be found :(

this is so sad i'm glad that ricky sr is not out there to cause harm to anyone but it would be nice if that was in prison or jail so they could try to get some info out of him as to where jamie is... i am (in my mind) sure he is guilty

Police: Body found behind Gaston Co Pizza Hut 'badly decomposed'

Police in Gastonia are investigating after they say a dead body was found behind a restaurant in a busy area.

The body was found Thursday in bushes behind the Pizza Hut on New Hope Road.

It is not clear how long the person has been dead, but investigators say it "has been long enough for the body to be badly decomposed."

Police said the deceased is suspected to be a missing person they were looking for, but that it has to be confirmed through the Medical Examiner's Office.

Could this be Jamie?

Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 5.13.47 PM.jpg

The Pizza Hut is extremely close to where her phone was found. This has to be her, right?

Part of me hopes this is her so her loved ones can have closer and she can properly be laid to rest the other part of me hopes its not and she is out there alive somewhere. I realize the second part is not likely but I hope either way closer comes soon and this sweet girl can have some peace

The article says that no foul play is suspected in the person's death. If it is her, that would be really odd that it took so long to make this discovery since it is close to where the phone was found and it's a busy area.

The article says that no foul play is suspected in the person's death. If it is her, that would be really odd that it took so long to make this discovery since it is close to where the phone was found and it's a busy area.

Very true. There are definitely a lot of reasons why this wouldn't be Jamie, but I just can't overlook the proximity of the body to where here stuff was found. I guess they probably would have searched the area thoroughly after her belongings turned up so I can't imagine they missed a body in the bushes. Still, the article says it is likely "a missing person they've been looking for" and according to NamUS there was a homeless man who went missing like a year ago in Gaston. The next most recent unsolved disappearance appears to be from 2009. :/

i was trying to read more on this last night and there wasnt much info but one article stated it was a male body not sure if that is accurate or not

Hopefully soon her family can have answers :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316