GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #10

One thing that has always stood out to me about the bat and if it was actually brought there that night as aledged.
TM stated he brought it as a gift for his 'grandson' as he liked to label him, JC jnr.
Was he ever asked what did he bring for SC?
What grandparent brings a gift just for one grandchild and not another. Even if it is a hand me down sporting item as claimed.
It was still regarded as a gift and another child was there. Two children.
No one just gets something to give to one child and leaves another look on empty handed.
No grandparent I know would ever do that.

All my opinion only.

<modsnip>

Just imagine these politicians getting an appeal like that, and at first glance they think "WHAT?? How does something like this happen?" Then they do two minutes of background reading, and throw her appeal in the trash.
It wouldn't even get as far as the politician. They would have assistants to clear out those time wasting appeals.

I have never got it clear in my mind where the bat actually came from. Was he telling the truth when he said he brought it with him that day? Or could it have been a bat in the house, belonging to JC Jr, that Tom would have hunted out during/ after Molly's attack on Jason?

Regarding ME's appeal to Obama, I just have to laugh. I hope Obama shows up on her doorstep, sits her down and tells it to her straight. "This is not self defense - it is murder." Maybe she'll listen to him.

Well Law Enforcements believe that the bat was owned by little JC, given to him by TM a year previous, they even have photos of him playing baseball with said bat. Guessing that they did not bring this into evidence as firstly they would only use this for proving 1st degree murder, TM had already admitted using the bat so his admission was sufficient for the lesser charge and secondly they may have been required to bring the child to testify that the bat was the same, which was something that the C's family were unwilling to do.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/viewpo...limerick-man-jason-corbett-killed-413544.html

Until the trial, I had a bit of sympathy for him, because I visualized that he had walked into the crime scene, and tried to cover for his daughter by claiming involvement - not realizing that the crime scene would say "over kill". But when I saw his arrogance along with the evidence that he must have been actively assaulting Jason while J was close to death, then I lost my sympathy. There is a huge gulf between swinging a bat once or twice in self defense and standing alongside someone else to batter an unconscious man.
I saw a photograph in our local paper yesterday of an elderly couple walking hand in hand into court to "support their adopted son" who is appealing his murder sentence. This couple are supporting him by ensuring he has the legal resources he needs, and by showing up in court to hear the case - they are not supporting what he did. This couple looked absolutely shattered and devastated. I wanted to give them a hug and tell them they didn't need to feel any shame for what their son did. It is possible to support a family member who has done the wrong thing, without jumping up and down and insisting they are innocent.

Leaving out murder itself (sounds ridiculous, I know), my reasons for disliking Tom Martens are:
1: There is no doubt that he's an arrogant man who both felt superior to, and disliked Jason (and yet was williing to take his money towards the wedding).
2: He took rent from Keith Maginn even while the latter was caring for his ill daughter.
3: His story about what the 'uneducated' Mr Fitzpatrick was supposed to have said to him.

In defence of Tom Martens:
With regard to point 1, Jason wouldn't be the first son-in-law to fail to measure up to what a father felt his daughter deserved. Perhaps he was willing to take money from Jason because he'd be giving that back to Molly one way or another, anyway. So if the marriage was good then it would be no loss to the couple.

On point 2, it may have been what the straitlaced Mr Martens felt was keeping the landlord/tenant relationship on a 'correct' basis.

As for point 3, he needed a backstory for the jury to forgive the overkill, so he invented the encounter with Mr Fitzpatrick. By describing the man as uneducated and difficult to understand he was making the lie slightly less bad, overall, because he was allowing for the interpretation that he had misheard the man. So although Mr Fitzpatrick had never said it, Tom had thought that he might have. And in fairness, he didn't make any claims about having had any suspicions that Molly was being abused before that night.

We don't know if Tom was a neglectful father or not but if he was innocent of murder and yet prepared to put his freedom on the line to help
his daughter then that must count for something. It's far from pure considering the lies involved, not least the implication that Jason was a brutal man, but still...

However the bottom line is, did Tom hit Jason or not?
Could the blood spatter on him just be from coming upon Molly hitting Jason?
Why did he wipe the bat if it would not have had her prints on it?
If Tom did hit Jason then, clearly he's serving the sentence he deserves.
Are we really certain he did though?

If i ever find out who sent it......grrrrrrr
LOL

I know I am in the minority, but I really didn't mind Ben at all. He was thrown in the deep end in covering a criminal trial when he had absolutely no experience. I found at the beginning of the trial he was the only person who was regularly posting updates did he get things wrong, yes, but I put that down to sheer inexperience rather than incompetence. He had no clue on the law and procedure and readily admitted that. I would take him any day over the guy from the Winston Salem Journal.

All IMO

I know I am in the minority, but I really didn't mind Ben at all. He was thrown in the deep end in covering a criminal trial when he had absolutely no experience. I found at the beginning of the trial he was the only person who was regularly posting updates did he get things wrong, yes, but I put that down to sheer inexperience rather than incompetence. He had no clue on the law and procedure and readily admitted that. I would take him any day over the guy from the Winston Salem Journal.

All IMO

I agree. Michael Hewlet of the Winston Salem Journal went beyond just personal bias. That story on the day before jury selection about Mr. FitzP...his initial "forgetfulness" to use the word "alleged", and his absolute refusal to amend the story to insert the family denial...set a pattern for reporting that looked like the Defense was writing the tweets and articles for him.

He is not a professional,journalist. He is the new breed...an activist, selecting to report only those things that push his agenda. Fake news.

I have been of the firm belief since I heard about this case that MM did the damage to JC. As has been proven this was a case of obvious overkill; a rage killing. That is much more likely to have come from MM than TM.

TM is, IMO, an arrogant, self absorbed individual who holds himself as being better than those around him. I do not think he would put his reputation on the line by carrying out a murder in the way that this murder was carried out. It is sloppy, it was obviously a vicious assault and would be hard to carry off as being self-defence. IMO TM holds his reputation higher than anything else; even the welfare of his daughter.

If MM was tried for the murder of her husband solo it would make TM look bad. He would have raised a murderer, not the wholesome girl next door, the super mom, swim coach etc. Everything that they had tried to hide for years would come out. TM could not risk that, it would reflect badly on him. I believe that TM truly thought he would be able to convince LE that it was self-defence. As was mentioned during the trial, TM took charge of the interview, the asked them if they wanted him to explain his state of mind at the time of the assault etc.

As was also testified to during the trial although TM had blood splatter on him, MM had tissue, she had - as was put - little tiny bits of JC all over her trousers. She was right there in the thick of things when JC's life was so brutally taken.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...brutal-killing-of-jason-corbett-36024815.html

All IMO

I agree. Michael Hewlet of the Winston Salem Journal went beyond just personal bias. That story on the day before jury selection about Mr. FitzP...his initial "forgetfulness" to use the word "alleged", and his absolute refusal to amend the story to insert the family denial...set a pattern for reporting that looked like the Defense was writing the tweets and articles for him.

He is not a professional,journalist. He is the new breed...an activist, selecting to report only those things that push his agenda. Fake news.

He was beyond biased. I have never seen someone reporting a trial who only put out things they wanted to; bizarre. I remember a time when journalists reported facts, not opinions.

Given he seems to have the breaking news of the recent motion, it may well be he is their go-to-guy, to disseminate information.

All IMO

Strange question, is anyone else able to get onto the North Carolina Courts website? I have never been able to access it. I am wondering if it is just me, is it because I am outside of NC / the USA etc. I know the prosecution plan on filing their response to the motion at some point this week and I am agitated that I cannot see when this is done and will have to wait for some type of article to announce it.

Also, anyone in NC that can shed light on the cost associated with getting a copy of the trial transcript?

All IMO

It's not a matter of "disliking" TM for me. It's way beyond that. I find the way he treats others...as though they are sub-human...to be abhorrent to every decent principle that I admire. I don't like the kind of people who kick dogs out of their way...as if their pain is beneath their superior notice.

This is what TM does to other human beings, and has been doing for quite some time.

Was he trying to keep KM on a "business relationship" with him in charging rent? Please read the book. KM had a minimum wage job. MM was living there, rent free...stashed away from view...so her erratic cycles would not stain the parental pose of perfection. She had occasionally babysitting jobs, which becae impossible for her as her illness became more severe. KM was putting food on the table, gas in the gas tank...paying for everything out of his small earnings. TM insisted on rent...thereby making life exponentially more difficult for the man managing their sick daughter.

Think about that.

For four long years, he never visited that daughter. Didn't care if she had fallen in with some drunken brute at that point, did he? Didn't care how she was managing her illness. Didn't care if another mans babies were safe with her, when she might go days without sleeping. Such is the sub-human coldness of TM

Cold to his child. Completely indifferent to the welfare of anyone else.

Think about it.

I don't much care if TM swung the bat or not. He is the head drum major leading this vicious parade of murder and coverup down every dirty street. He created the "noise", crafted the cacophony. In doing so, he again showed no regard for two young children, willing to place them in the care of the woman who crushed their father's skull...because it suited his purposes. He was complicit in the treatment of the grieving family, moving the body, refusing them access to the children, running to judges to subvert JC's wishes for their care. Again, all subhuman coldness. After he stood in that bedroom and saw the gory result of the heinous attack on JC!

Think about it.

TM and MM also were joint movers in the Greed Grab, with TM, as one sworn to uphold our laws, defying the rule of a court. Because TM thinks humself above the law...this whole debacle is TM subverting the law with every bit of inside knowledge he has. He is using his job as a federal law officier to subvert and make a mockery of our laws.

Think about that.

I could write more about the way he has stooped so low as to drag in the FitzP family, trying to harm them and their reputation, maybe even their bond with their grandchildren...all for TM's personal use. How the children were coached to be witnesses against their beloved father. I could write pages on this...but why bother.

I don't dislike TM. I think he treats everyone else, including his damaged daughter as sub-human to his glorious self. In doing so, he shows himself to be the creature that is sub-human. I think his entire career of "kicking in doors" needs to be reviewed, I'm mortified that one dollar of my tax money ever inflicted a man like TM on any other individual.

And in his arrogance, he over-reached himself. He was so confident that he was untouchable, he was willing to flaunt his power by confessing to a murder he didn't commit, assuming the police officers would shake his hand and apologize for wasting his time.

It's very rare to encounter that level of arrogance and it's very satisfying to see that our social system - the laws, the court process etc - could bring him down to his rightful place.

Strange question, is anyone else able to get onto the North Carolina Courts website? I have never been able to access it. I am wondering if it is just me, is it because I am outside of NC / the USA etc. I know the prosecution plan on filing their response to the motion at some point this week and I am agitated that I cannot see when this is done and will have to wait for some type of article to announce it.

Also, anyone in NC that can shed light on the cost associated with getting a copy of the trial transcript?

All IMO

I've never been able to access it either Emma, I thought it was just me!

All IMO

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/cal...artens&start=0&navindex=0&submit=Submit+Query

I can get in here...but I enter search and get no results. Is it a different link?

Leaving out murder itself (sounds ridiculous, I know), my reasons for disliking Tom Martens are:
1: There is no doubt that he's an arrogant man who both felt superior to, and disliked Jason (and yet was williing to take his money towards the wedding).
2: He took rent from Keith Maginn even while the latter was caring for his ill daughter.
3: His story about what the 'uneducated' Mr Fitzpatrick was supposed to have said to him.

In defence of Tom Martens:
With regard to point 1, Jason wouldn't be the first son-in-law to fail to measure up to what a father felt his daughter deserved. Perhaps he was willing to take money from Jason because he'd be giving that back to Molly one way or another, anyway. So if the marriage was good then it would be no loss to the couple.

On point 2, it may have been what the straitlaced Mr Martens felt was keeping the landlord/tenant relationship on a 'correct' basis.

As for point 3, he needed a backstory for the jury to forgive the overkill, so he invented the encounter with Mr Fitzpatrick. By describing the man as uneducated and difficult to understand he was making the lie slightly less bad, overall, because he was allowing for the interpretation that he had misheard the man. So although Mr Fitzpatrick had never said it, Tom had thought that he might have. And in fairness, he didn't make any claims about having had any suspicions that Molly was being abused before that night.

We don't know if Tom was a neglectful father or not but if he was innocent of murder and yet prepared to put his freedom on the line to help
his daughter then that must count for something. It's far from pure considering the lies involved, not least the implication that Jason was a brutal man, but still...

Either he used to bat to bash Jason, or he stood by while his daughter continued to beat Jason with the bat after he was deceased. I would take it further to say that Tom spoke to his daughter several times as he made the five hour highly irregular trip to the house. He knew that his daughter is mentally unstable. Rather than call authorities or warn Jason, he brought a baseball bat - according to him. I believe he knew in advance that there was going to be a violent incident that night and he chose to participate rather than intervene.

I love reading all your posts most of you should be authors the way you so eloquently word things. I see on the prison site she is under search as Molly Corbett sickening.

Have the prosecution answered the defence yet in relation to jury misconduct. Will we have an amswer soon? Terrifying to think they xould be back out again.

<modsnip> I think that side of the family are so full of arrogance.

Is there anymore information released. My fingers are itching to get my hands on her statements and their video confessions. Why are they so slow to release them. I know the trial transcripts will be out at some stage too.

Is there any discussion threads on the bedroom pictures anywhere. No pictures of the bathroom where TM says he ended up hitting Jason. How he hit him in the back of the head when he was facing him is beyond me.

I would love to hear ur observations on some of the pictures. The way quilt pulled back seems odd to me as well as how so much blood got on the hoover if hoover laying down originally I wonder did Jason land on it. There is much more than spatter on it.

Also, the back of the door had a lot of blood I think the door was closed when the attack started. Would love to comment more but on my phone and dont have pictures to hand.

The sun is from hell!!!! But I couldn't stop laughing!
Uncle Mike Earnest told the Irish Daily Star: “Molly does not have a boyfriend… and she’s not had a boyfriend since Jason.

“It’s clear (others) intend ill-will on anyone connected to Molly or Tom in any way shape or form.”

Is this how Sigar argues?
Is he accusing the boyfriend of ill-will?
is he losing the plot?
has he entered insanity?
How has he access to info on her relationship life? Its odd, is it?
The irish times actually ran an article referring to Molly's reconnection to an old boyfriend in past few weeks, I shared it here (looked like it was lifted from an old dailymail article) He made no comment then.
Now he is furious again.

I'm just amazed that after a lot of searching there are so little laws if any protecting the sharing of childrens images on social media without parental consent. It's bitty at best. The COPPA law seems to be aimed at the collection of information rather than anything specific to personal images. And fb seem to be wishy washy in this area too. 1st amendment and all that jazz.

This is all they got,

https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/144059062408922?ref=u2u

The sharing of JC children on several social media sites by users who havd no direct blood link, guardianship or any other legal ties to t heese children has been a contentious issue and no doubt a painful one for the children...and it continues today. Am I wrong in thinking there is no law to stop this?

Moo

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwells1000