GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appeals filed my daughter tells me

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

[FONT=&quot]Molly Corbett is sentenced to 20 years to 25 years. [/FONT]#JasonCorbett
Justice has been served for Jason, family, friends & for those of us who followed the quest for the Marten's to be held responsible for Jason's murder. In the end the jury was able to reach a verdict quickly, due to the stellar work done by the prosecutors, le, first responders & others who worked so hard on Jason's case.

Lets enjoy this moment please . Im just thinking I can get back to my life lol

Bloody hell, I was stuck on a production issue and missed the whole thing. That was a very quick verdict!

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Alex Rose has just been on the news here describing what went on in court when the verdict was given, he mainly emphasised on the statement from Jack Corbett, saying how "brutal" it was listening to it. He also stated that he had a chance to speak to some of the jurors and the foreman said that initially when they went into deliberation, they were all unanimously in agreement on the guilt of TM but were "slightly split" on the guilt of MM, They took an initial vote and it came back 10 to 2. The two jurors slept over night and came to alter their conclusion on their own.

The defence strategy that completely failed #justiceforjasonhasbeenserve

attachment.php

:jail::jail::jail:

Isn't that her and her lawyer's fault? I understand that by law you don't have to because you are innocent until proven guilty. But how can you complain that a jury didn't hear any, when you had every opportunity to present it? I smell an appeal based on Incompetent lawyers.

That won’t be the grounds the trial judge asked her to stand and he explained the law to her and she affirmed she would not give evidence. Only ground for appeal is the forensic spatter evidence which they disputed in their defense but that doesn’t hold out much hope as he was the best. I would say to TM make the best of it till the undertaker comes for you and for MM remember in prison even with a flaunting body there is no manipulators and adjust to that fact. Get used to a mundane life with your life controlled by metal bars.

Yes, it was a just, true verdict! A great day for justice.
Bloody hell, I was stuck on a production issue and missed the whole thing. That was a very quick verdict!

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Must give a shout out to that brave little boy Jack who did his part for the C family and for his Dad's memory. He can walk tall

It was most important for Jack’s sanity and stability that he was not ignored in all this and had his say.

Thank God they are behind bars and can do no more harm.

What kind of people are these to pull a cancer diagnosis and a psychiatric report after a guilty verdict. It's so so wrong. In light of Jack's letter how can Anyone support the martens. Turn your cheek to a child ? Deny his words ?

[FONT=&quot]Foreman says it was a difficult decision, very hard on jury. They feel confident they made the right decision. [/FONT]#CorbettTrial

[FONT=&quot]Foreman says the severity of [/FONT]#JasonCorbett[FONT=&quot]'s injuries played big role in verdict. "At some point it went from self defense to malice."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/AlexRoseNews/status/895350270292623360[/FONT]

I have been catching up on the posts and news. I feel joy and relief at the verdict but I dont feel triumphant at the sentencing. I think the sentencing was just and fair and I think the good women and men of the jury, the judge, prosecution, sherrifs dept and all witnesses deserve our admiration for ensuring justice was done. The only thing I would like to add - apart from thanks to all you websleuthers - is, after the murder, if TM was 'incapable of telling a lie', why didn't his professional integrity as a former LE officer kick in, and (a) call 911 (b) begin CPR (c) tell the truth to local LE? Because he didnt do any of that he needs to answer for his actions since the murder. He had adequate time to 'do the right thing' and he didnt. Thank goodness the good people of NC saw through the lack of honesty.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...is-jailed-for-at-least-20-years-36016527.html

"...His first wife, Margaret 'Mags' Fitzpatrick, had died of an asthma attack in 2006 when the children were both aged under two years.

...Defence lawyer Walter Holton insisted that Ms Martens Corbett had nothing to gain from Mr Corbett's death.

"She was not in the (2007) will. It was not about the children." ...
"

Mags passed away 2006.
JC will written in 2007 in Ireland.
MM went to be au pair in Ireland in 2008.
Marriage of JC and MM in 2011 in the USA.

JC and MM had not met when the will was written, so his wishes should be honored as expressed, or he would be deemed intestate and the estate law would apply - either way his estate will go to his children. MM is probably entitled to the accumulated assets ONLY of the 4 years of the marriage. JC paid his own cash for the house, cash he had before the marriage. By the time MM's defense lawyers are paid, she truly will be penniless. If she was recorded on the house and could get 50%, for example, the lawyers would put liens to get paid from sale proceeds. Either SM is going to squander her retirement money on appeals, or MM can hope for a pro bono lawyer or do-it-herself. I do believe that the only state-funded automatic appeals in all states are for death penalty cases, so neither TM nor MM has any automatic appeal, they will have to pay new lawyers.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...is-jailed-for-at-least-20-years-36016527.html

"...His first wife, Margaret 'Mags' Fitzpatrick, had died of an asthma attack in 2006 when the children were both aged under two years.

...Defence lawyer Walter Holton insisted that Ms Martens Corbett had nothing to gain from Mr Corbett's death.

"She was not in the (2007) will. It was not about the children." ...
"

Mags passed away 2006.
JC will written in 2007 in Ireland.
MM went to be au pair in Ireland in 2008.
Marriage of JC and MM in 2011 in the USA.

JC and MM had not met when the will was written, so his wishes should be honored as expressed, or he would be deemed intestate and the estate law would apply - either way his estate will go to his children. MM is probably entitled to the accumulated assets ONLY of the 4 years of the marriage. JC paid his own cash for the house, cash he had before the marriage. By the time MM's defense lawyers are paid, she truly will be penniless. If she was recorded on the house and could get 50%, for example, the lawyers would put liens to get paid from sale proceeds. Either SM is going to squander her retirement money on appeals, or MM can hope for a pro bono lawyer or do-it-herself. I do believe that the only state-funded automatic appeals in all states are for death penalty cases, so neither TM nor MM has any automatic appeal, they will have to pay new lawyers.
I'm wondering will Sharon Martens diagnosis now affect the civil case

[video=twitter;895350270292623360]https://twitter.com/alexrosenews/status/895350270292623360[/video]

No sorry or remorse of any kind for even Jason's death in mm, tm or uncle Mike's statements to court. No, sorry jason died... but really truly horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member