GUILTY NC - Jordyn Dumont, 3, Gaston County, 15 Aug 2016 *Arrest*

I really hope they find him guilty. It is so very easy to be sorry and cry when you have been caught. If the emotion he shows in the interrogation was for jordy n he would have phoned 911 straight after her killed her, and would have been found cradling her body crying. Even then I wouldn't excuse what he's done but I do not believe he is sorry he ended than little girls life, just sorry he was caught.
Thanks for the updates on this case. I cannot view much with living in the UK.

Guilty! Sentenced to LWOP
GASTON COUNTY, NC (WBTV) - The jury reached a verdict Monday in William McCullen’s murder trial shortly after closing arguments were made in a Cleveland County courtroom.

McCullen was found guilty of first-degree murder by torture in the death of 3-year-old Jordyn Dumont. He was sentenced to serve life in prison without parole.

William McCullen found guilty of murdering 3-year-old Jordyn Dumont

McCullen intends to appeal the verdict.
swear1-smiley.gif

William McCullen was found guilty by a jury of killing Dumont and burying her body near her mother’s home in Bessemer City last August. McCullen's defense conceded in closing arguments that he did kill the young girl, but pushed for a second-degree murder conviction. The jury unanimously agreed that he was guilty of first-degree murder. McCullen will be sentenced to life in prison without parole, but he said he will appeal the verdict.
GUILTY: William McCullen convicted of first-degree murder in Jordyn Dumont case

William McCullen is found guilty of first-degree murder in Jordyn Dumont trial

"(Video courtesy of news partner WSOC.) A jury deliberated just 22 minutes before finding William McCullen guilty of first-degree murder in the death of 3-year-old Jordyn Dumont. He will be sentenced to life in prison without parole."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robin Kanady‏Verified account @RobinFox46 22h22 hours ago
"He was a killer." -prosecutor Deborah Gulledge on now-convicted child killer William McCullen, WATCH to see the emotional closing arguments the jury heard just before they found McCullen guilty of first degree murder FULL STORY: http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/local-news/william-mccullen-found-guilty-of-first-degree-murder-in-jordyn-dumont-case …

(video clip: Robin Kanady on Twitter )

Morgan Fogarty‏Verified account @MorganFogarty 16h16 hours ago
Jordyn Dumont's dad has this to say to his 3yo daughter's killer: “Where you’re going, you’re probably going to encounter some people who aren’t going to be very happy about that, about what he did. And I hope he gets what’s coming to him,” Watch >> http://bit.ly/JordynVerdict

DjZ2njFW4AA3g8m.jpg

Jordyn Dumont’s Dad Speaks Exclusively to WCCB

"SHELBY, N.C. – “I feel like I can actually breath now,” says Josh Kinnett. He wears his daughter’s ashes around his neck, along with a cross, and angel wings pinned to his shirt. Underneath his shirt, on his chest, his first tattoo, in Jordyn Dumont’s honor. Kinnett, who lives in Illinois, was in the Cleveland County courtroom every day of his daughter’s murder trial. Kinnett says, “I wanted people to know that I wasn’t like how he was. I wanted to show what type of father I actually was.”...

McCullen was sentenced to life with no parole, and immediately after, told the court: “I’d like to appeal the decision and the sentence.”

His sister, Crystal McCullen, spoke outside the courthouse. She said, “I really didn’t want to believe that my brother was capable of anything like this. But I’m really sorry to the family and it’s just a tragedy for everybody involved.”..."

Jordyn Dumont's Dad Speaks Exclusively to WCCB - WCCB Charlotte
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Bria Bell‏Verified account @BriaBellTV 3h3 hours ago
BREAKING: Josh Kinnett, the father of 3-year-old Jordyn Dumont, has filed a civil lawsuit for wrongful death against Jaylene Dumont (the child’s mother) and William McCullen.

Just yesterday McCullen was convicted for first degree murder. The state says he beat Jordyn to death.

Bria Bell‏Verified account @BriaBellTV 3h3 hours ago
The lawsuit also states the Jaylene Dumont “failed to provide a safe home for her minor child; failed to remove Jordyn Ann Dumont from a home that was dangerous and injurious to her safety and welfare” and “failed to provide proper supervision”.

WBTV News‏Verified account @WBTV_News 33m33 minutes ago
Biological father files lawsuit against Jordyn Dumont's mother, and her killer » https://buff.ly/2Au7vL8

DjdRSjPWwAAAkY-.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Biological father files lawsuit against Jordyn Dumont's mother, killer

July 31st 2018

"GASTON COUNTY, NC (WBTV) -
The biological father of 3-year-old Jordyn Dumont, Josh Kinnett, has filed a lawsuit against the girl's mother and the man convicted of killing her.

The lawsuit, which is seeking damages in "an amount to exceed $25,000," alleges that not only did William McCullen kill Jordyn, but that the murder was caused in part by negligence on the part of the girl's mother, Jaylene Dumont.

Dumont was "grossly negligent," the lawsuit states, in that she "Failed to provide a safe home," "Failed to remove [Jordyn] from a home that was dangerous and injurious to her safety and welfare," "Failed to provide proper supervision for [Jordyn]," and "Participated at least to some degree in the physical abuse" of Jordyn...."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 31st 2018

"GASTON COUNTY, NC (WBTV) -
The biological father of 3-year-old Jordyn Dumont, Josh Kinnett, has filed a lawsuit against the girl's mother and the man convicted of killing her.

The lawsuit, which is seeking damages in "an amount to exceed $25,000," alleges that not only did William McCullen kill Jordyn, but that the murder was caused in part by negligence on the part of the girl's mother, Jaylene Dumont.

Dumont was "grossly negligent," the lawsuit states, in that she "Failed to provide a safe home," "Failed to remove [Jordyn] from a home that was dangerous and injurious to her safety and welfare," "Failed to provide proper supervision for [Jordyn]," and "Participated at least to some degree in the physical abuse" of Jordyn...."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wowzer! The lawsuit is still being processed and I believe the court must first find that Josh Kinnett has "standing," meaning enough evidence to justify the lawsuit but it's pretty clear that he's not looking for money (I'm sure he's aware he'll never collect a penny) but rather he wants Jordyn's mother to be held accountable for her part in allowing McCullen to be in Jordyn's life.

I commend him and hope the suit will go forward. He was worried enough for Jordyn's safety shortly before McCullen murdered her to call not once but twice and ask police to check on her well being. Sadly they and social workers decided Jordyn was in a "safe environment." How wrong they were. Jaylene told officers that she did not want to have any contact from Jordyn’s father.

Jaylene's child with McCullen was removed from her care, thank goodness. Detectives testified at trial that the home was filthy and stank of feces, rotting meat and spoiled milk. How could Jaylene be unaware of those conditions?

On May 20, Kinnett learned that a family assessment had been completed at the home. DHHS recommended McCullen seek a substance abuse assessment and follow through on all clinical advice and that Jaylene Dumont maintain communication with Kinnett. It also recommended the couple ensure their children always have a sober caretaker.

Kinnett said after McCullen moved in with Jaylene it became difficult for him to communicate with Jordyn after Jaylene broke contact with him - a typical abuser tactic to isolate mom and Jordyn. Yet she called Kinnett to cry to him about being abused by McCullen. Neighbors claimed to have seen evidence of violence between the couple.

As Jordyn's mother Jaylene had a responsibility, and obligation to provide her children with a safe and sanitary environment. Period. Did she fail to do so? I guess we'll find out if the lawsuit goes forward. All MOO and JMOO.

Verdict does not ease pain of Jordyn Dumont's death on family
Gaston police had 16 calls in 21 months to home of murdered toddler
New details of police calls from Jordyn Dumont home
Police Say 3-Year-Old Jordyn Dumont Died From Blunt Force Trauma - WCCB Charlotte

I hope the lawsuit goes forward and he wins it! May then others that fail to provide the same things will be held accountable for the loss of an innocent child!

This is my exact thought too. Mum's who allow these animals to be around their children and think more about their sex lives should be held accountable as much as the person who actually commits the abuse. I know they don't always get the same punishment so at least this would be something to make the game notice of. Some people put money before their children anyway so this might hit them where it hurts. They will lose their ''man'' and their money. Thanks for the updates xx

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back