NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true diphi. There are people to this day that think Michelle Young's sister had something to do with her death because every syllable was dissected from the 911 call. They were sure her demeanor showed she was guilty. Others thought what she said sounded like it was a 'set up'....."Cassidy, did mommy fall? Of course, she was just a loving sister in total shock.

The point is, no 2 people will react the same placing an emergency call, especially if you walk into a traumatic scene where death is a real possibility.

Very true, if your sleeping and did not hear anything you would never think someone had come in and bashed your sisters skull in. I would have thought it had something to do with the recent operation.I wonder if D went drinking and brought someone home.She is married maybe that's why her story might not make sense.That might explain why she did not hear anything.

È
I was thinking right side of head upper aspect. Only because I am right handed. It could just as easily been the top left side, one fierce blow

Just fyi. People in intensive care on the vent are often unrecognizable because of the tube and the tube holder as well as the orogastric or nasogastric tube and there is often swelling. In addition to having possibly a shaved or partly shaved head and no makeup and a loss of consciousness.

i can't see doing a DNA request in neighborhood just to throw off the possible suspect...that would be a waste of money, even if they did not follow thru with the actual testing. maybe some male dna was found in the bedroom that may have nothing to do with the crime and they just need to rule out whoever it belongs to?

I have a feeling the sealing of the file will be extended...but hope not.

i can't see doing a DNA request in neighborhood just to throw off the possible suspect...that would be a waste of money, even if they did not follow thru with the actual testing. maybe some male dna was found in the bedroom that may have nothing to do with the crime and they just need to rule out whoever it belongs to?

I have a feeling the sealing of the file will be extended...but hope not.

If the case, first question from the cops is "have you ever been inside the Geil residence?"If so, we would like a DNA swab and fingerprints for our elimination process. If a male intruder slipped in unnoticed and left his DNA, it most likely is semen. If not, they would be more interested in matching fingerprints...imo.

I guess the reason I think LE doesn't owe the public any info is that I've been following a [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=401"]child abduction/murder in Florida[/ame] (October 2009), and LE there did not clear anyone until they arrested the suspect (March 2010). Very little info was released by CCSO during the last few months.

As far as being concerned for their children, people adjusted their behavior (kids did not walk home without adult, did not play in parks without adult, etc.), and I expect that the residents of Raleigh would just have to do the same.

Of course it would be nerve wracking to live there and be worried about the break-ins and the murder. (Or having friends/family who lived there.)

I don't think folks really think that LE owes them anything at all...I think we all just hope that if there is something out there that they can share with us to keep us safer, that they will. I think most people know by now that LE can't and doesn't share a lot of info until they make an arrest bc it can and will in most cases, jeopardize an investigation and/or even an arrest. All that being said, honestly, living in the area where this took place, people are not really changing the way they live. I think I can speak for a lot of people in saying that it still feels like a safe place to live and that most people in this area are not walking around in fear of an attack. That is NOT to say that most people are thinking that D did it, but it is to say that the area where this took place is an area where most people do know their neighbors, look out for each other, have community watches in place, and just generally are aware if something is amiss. I think that is why most people who live down here do NOT feel like it was random. I think people feel like they would have seen, heard, felt something different. It is a small community within a big city.

I don't think folks really think that LE owes them anything at all...I think we all just hope that if there is something out there that they can share with us to keep us safer, that they will. I think most people know by now that LE can't and doesn't share a lot of info until they make an arrest bc it can and will in most cases, jeopardize an investigation and/or even an arrest. All that being said, honestly, living in the area where this took place, people are not really changing the way they live. I think I can speak for a lot of people in saying that it still feels like a safe place to live and that most people in this area are not walking around in fear of an attack. That is NOT to say that most people are thinking that D did it, but it is to say that the area where this took place is an area where most people do know their neighbors, look out for each other, have community watches in place, and just generally are aware if something is amiss. I think that is why most people who live down here do NOT feel like it was random. I think people feel like they would have seen, heard, felt something different. It is a small community within a big city.

The home backs up to a strip center off major Glenwood Ave.
Not sure what the neighbors would be able to "see, hear or feel" to make them think this was not a random crime? Until the cops clear the air and tell the public otherwise, there remains the distinct possibility there is a random killer on the loose. If it occurred in my immediate Raleigh neighborhood (I live 4 miles away), I would certainly be more vigilant than I might otherwise be.

Not sure what the neighbors would be able to "see, hear or feel" to make them think this was not a random crime? Until the cops clear the air and tell the public otherwise, there remains the distinct possibility there is a random killer on the loose. If it occurred in my immediate Raleigh neighborhood (I live 4 miles away), I would certainly be more vigilant than I might otherwise be.

I agree and am being EXTRA careful in all places, home, work, shopping etc. You never know. My sister-in-law resides in a different county, however, last week she returned home right before her husband and caught a man attempting to break into their home! He walked towards her car and she backed out of the drive and called 911. He got away! They do not have neighbors that are close by, but they have loud dogs inside the fence!

Getting back to the KT case. I recognize the random possibility, but then I just think about the initial call from D coming in near noon the following the day and I just can't shake it. That story stinks really bad and unless there is some logical reason for the gap in time, I just don't buy it. Was D drugged, intoxicated or out of the house? I can't think of any other reason for that gap in time during the morning houre prior to that initial call.

I guess the reason I think LE doesn't owe the public any info is that I've been following a child abduction/murder in Florida (October 2009), and LE there did not clear anyone until they arrested the suspect (March 2010). Very little info was released by CCSO during the last few months.
As far as being concerned for their children, people adjusted their behavior (kids did not walk home without adult, did not play in parks without adult, etc.), and I expect that the residents of Raleigh would just have to do the same.

Of course it would be nerve wracking to live there and be worried about the break-ins and the murder. (Or having friends/family who lived there.)

BBM

I'm starting to think police in general are more and more withholding information because of the 24/7 news cycle, people like us trying the solve crimes, comments on news articles, youtube, etc.

I'm fairly new to sleuthing but I noticed this in the Nancy Cooper and Michelle Young cases here locally. I also follow the Susan Powell case in Utah here on WS and absolutely NOTHING is coming from the police.

I just wonder if it is a trend that police do NOT leak or share anything anymore...

would police really go asking neighbors for dna to trick the suspect? really? this seems extreme to me, but i guess in this case anything is possible.
i do agree that LE is not talking these days...and they have never been eager to annouce to their communities that a random murderer is on the loose and they have no idea who he/she is, in any case...

would police really go asking neighbors for dna to trick the suspect? really? this seems extreme to me, but i guess in this case anything is possible.i do agree that LE is not talking these days...and they have never been eager to annouce to their communities that a random murderer is on the loose and they have no idea who he/she is, in any case...

I said before that we shouldn't underestimate what the powers that be will do. At a minimum, the governor, the Wake County DA, the Wake County DA's wife, and an ex-husband who was a state senator either had very personal relationships with KT or were close working collegues.

I can only imagine the mandates that have been handed down - and how they have been translated by the police in the field...

I, too, noticed people out walking, working in their yards, etc. when I drove through there. They did not seem overly concerned.

People are out and about in my neighborhood, too. But I do wonder if someone pulled up to my house and moved a few things out whether my neighbors would actually be alarmed enough to call me or the police. Sadly, I kinda doubt it...perhaps Cartier Drive is different, though...

JTF- I'm not sure how to describe what I am trying to say, and it may not translate onto a blog...but I live less than a mile from where this crime was committed, and have for years, and years. This neighborhood is a very tight nit community. People notice when someone that doesn't live there is walking around, or acting weird. Like I've said before, there have been many break ins in the past, so people are aware, and many people have lived here for years upon years. It's an area where our local firemen know our children and our local store keepers know us by name. It's a small community, even though it's off of Glenwood, it is still traveled by the same people within the neighborhoods. My neighbors do notice when something is out of place in my yard or something is going on. We all know each other and look out for each other. That's how it is down here, so I feel it would be highly unlikely for some random person to have been walking around by that house, unnoticed. The people at GG know JG well and KT too. And the area behind his house that is wooded is a SMALL area. It's not a large wooded area that someone wouldn't be noticed walking thru and it backs up to a large condo complex.

And I'm not saying people shouldn't be vigilant or freaked out, it just seems that most people are just doing their thing as usual around here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon