GUILTY NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard on the news that the defendant was spotted drinking in a bar in Raleigh two weeks after the murder. Does anyone know where this bar is. You can just give me a location and initial and I can probably figure it out.

I heard on the news that the defendant was spotted drinking in a bar in Raleigh two weeks after the murder. Does anyone know where this bar is. You can just give me a location and initial and I can probably figure it out.

Don't know if this is what you were thinking (see link). THere was also an interview with Jim Shires about JW's behavior when he hung out at Berkeley Cafe when he played with The Authority.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/video?id=7392361&pid=7393281

Without saying more, I can understand that many panties. There are different styles, fabrics, sporty, silkiy, etc. It can add up. Hope they can identify to whom they belong. It listed his wife as the owner of the premises. So I guess she does live there.

Just a point of clarification - they may list her that way, but if you look at the the Wake County real estate website, JF is not listed as owner. A couple owns all four units, and JF's name is not listed.

Just a point of clarification - they may list her that way, but if you look at the the Wake County real estate website, JF is not listed as owner. A couple owns all four units, and JF's name is not listed.

JW and JF were renting. Are there any official documents showing JW as married. I only saw once where JF said JW was her husband when talking to a neighbor.

I only saw a marriage record for JAW, not the JKW who was arrested. At least in NC.

Don't know how could the ancestor search site I used is ...

ETA

Found a JKW.

For $30 I can find out whether the JKW they found is the one I want. LOL. I don't care that much.

On Hillsborough Street I think...

His wife lived there with him. In fact, she still lives there.
JW and his wife had been doing some yard maintenance around the apartment complex. That may have been why he had pruning shears.

Perhaps, but "pruning shears" are not the same thing as a "limb pruner".
Having such a tool inside a rented apartment seems odd, even if they were helping spruce up the landscape.

_78737_151449.jpg

Each of the apartments has a small storage room off of the back lower deck. JW had been using a push mower, too. I can't say for sure but I imagine both of those items were probably stored there.

Hidden away would definitely raise a red flag to me ... as opposed to lingerie drawer, laundry basket.

Are there unsolved rapes in which panties were taken? And DNA did not match anyone in the system. Hmm.

BBM

Lol - 30 pair in a laundry basket seems excessive to me. :laugh:

Sorry - couldn't help it.

Some rentals require that you do your own yard maintenance or I guess it's possible he was making some money doing yard work here and there.

Perhaps, but "pruning shears" are not the same thing as a "limb pruner".
Having such a tool inside a rented apartment seems odd, even if they were helping spruce up the landscape.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
A limb pruner does seem a little strange for a renter to have. But, maybe he borrowed it from someone, like his parents, just to trim a little around the apt.

Just thinking back on the my rental days, I don't think I would spend my money on landscaping tools unless I had to.

The paint tubes, though...that's interesting...did he fancy himself an artist as well as a musician?

I don't know what ETA means...i figured out BBM means blackberry messenger....

Remember police were interviewing landscapers in the Cartier area? Maybe he did do some landscaping for JG's neighbors? Or maybe those pruning shears were JG's shears that perhaps had gone missing (before the murder)-- now found. I'm thinking too much.

Landscaping isn't a requirement but maybe since JW was unemployed, he was getting a discount on rent. My guess is that the landlord provided him with certain landscaping tools. JW had only been doing the landscaping recently. In the past, the landlord has paid people who don't reside at the location.
JF is an artist of sorts. Maybe JW is, too. But I know she is.

Maybe LE asked about landscapers because they had noticed that someone had cut back something near windows - which could have helped a person possibly peep in. Maybe there were clippings like that around. I have no idea because I didn't go back and look at pictures of the home to see if there seemed to be bushes around windows. Just a thought.

I'm now wondering if there might have been some paint traces on the floor or bed. It could have been brought in on the shoes or clothes are the intruder and left behind.

The Berkeley Cafe is downtown, several miles away. However, when detectives questioned me (as they did everyone in this neighborhood) they asked if I'd ever been to the Glenwood Grill, which located in the same small shopping center as the Harris Teeter that is just a hop, skip and a jump from the home where KT was found. The Glenwood Grill is the closest bar, by a long shot. The next nearest bar is at Five Points, which is considerably further away in distance.

I did read about the owner of The Berkely talking about JW coming in there to play and when he dated a waitress who worked there, but that was some time ago. The story I heard this week said that he was reported to have been frequenting a local bar two weeks after KT's murder. They did not say which one it was nor did they infer it was The Berkely. I was just curious.

I don't know what ETA means...i figured out BBM means blackberry messenger....

ETA: Edited to add

BBM: Bold(ed) by me ... at least this is what it means when I use it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2