GUILTY NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #6

borndem, I think you're right. Perhaps this is driven by an attorney looking to gain a stripe for a big 4th Amendment case. IIWM though, I'd take on such a case where the convicted proclaimed innocence! Isn't justice supposed to be about truth?

This is wrong on so many levels. And scary, very scary.

Agreed, Boodles! It's scary, and it could kill his parents -- I don't mean JW doing it -- but I wouldn't rule it out, of course -- but the worry, worry, worry that they would have every single minute that he was walking the streets might just do them in. They didn't handle a lot of things right with him, but heaven knows they surely tried.

And where would he live? Halfway house -- for how long? Then where? With his already-shattered & battered parents? I don't see his sister giving up her life for him to live with her, & she shouldn't, IMO.

He didn't half work before all this happened, so what would he do now? They don't usually give lifers a chance to take classes such as HVAC or electrical or gardening or construction, or, or, so he wouldn't get out with a trade, and I would give him about a 1 in 10,000 chance of finding & keeping a job.

I don't want to jinx anything by saying this, but if all he has is the cig butt business, I don't think it'll fly. I cannot imagine that the RPD and Willoughby (if he had been privy to it) weren't ab.so.lute.ly sure that they were standing on solid ground with the way they handled the butt evidence. No way they screwed that up.

Just roll over and go back to sleep, Jason Williford. You were having a strange sort of pipe dream which would be a nightmare for the rest of us.
icon8.gif

Agreed, chiq - Agreed. This type evidence-gathering is done everywhere, all the time. Beverage cans, bottles, glasses;, cig butts; forks; all kinds of things. I was thinking earlier when I saw it on the local news, that an appeals court would be making a very narrow ruling that would affect LE in a big, big way if the court ruled in favor of this, IMO, weak appeal.

Take your pill & go to bed, Jason. Give up, killer.

images

Jason Williford's appeal was mentioned in today's news. We may have to wait until tomorrow for a MSM current report.

Here are some earlier pertinent articles:

New trial sought in murder of State Board of Ed member
Read more at http://www.wral.com/new-trial-sough...rd-of-ed-member/13608912/#vGU8U7sKPjhcGuo4.99

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[h=1]State says conviction should be upheld in NC school official's murder[/h]

Read more at http://www.wral.com/state-convictio...hould-be-upheld/13663692/#Vu5mOHGsTrl8dAxK.99

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back