NC NC - Kyle Fleischmann, 24, Charlotte, 9 Nov 2007 - #2

Some photos of the construction site from different angles. They were taken 2 months after Kyle vanished but you get an idea. This is the place that the ATF obtained a warrant to search. The first image is the exact spot that the sniffer dogs traced Kyles scent to.

View attachment 470979
View attachment 470975

View attachment 470978

Interestingly, in this Youtube video, the sniffer dog handlers also says that as soon as she approached this spot she smelled the "odour of death". So Mary is not the only one to smell this. Some good footage of the search in the video.

I dunno...none of the searchers ever discovered anything at this site that even hinted at him being there. And yet the fact that the ATF got involved seems to verify there was information that he was buried here.

Based on all the reports this is the route that the sniffer dogs followed. It doesn't make any sense to me at all why he would be taking this route let alone heading to this park which by all accounts was a very dangerous place.
I wasn't aware until I watched the Youtube that the family and searchers, when checking Cordelia Park, were shot at!

From the most recent things I could find it seems that the PI, based on detailed analysis of the pings, believes that Kyle wasn't on this route at all but was at The Holiday Inn, which is next door to the bar. If he was walking this route, you'd think someone or some camera footage would have picked him up somewhere.
I was also quite surprised to learn this information about the pizza parlour employees:

There is something odd in the information released by LE that 2:42 am: Kyle calls business he went to ‘earlier in the night’ but no answer I can't really understand why the information on this business was never released? At first I assumed he was calling the Buckhead Saloon as he realised he had left his stuff; but 1) I think they would say that and 2)since it wasn't a bar he frequented I doubt he'd have the number saved?
So where did he visit that LE wouldn't release...my first thought was a brothel! LOL

I don't know on this one; I am pretty sure LE have an idea what went down and are just waiting for the evidence to all add up.
Really interesting post! Can you say a bit more about the PI and detailed analysis of phone pings leading him to think Kyle was at the Holiday Inn. Seems a strong possibility, curious where you found this nugget, thanks

Really interesting post! Can you say a bit more about the PI and detailed analysis of phone pings leading him to think Kyle was at the Holiday Inn. Seems a strong possibility, curious where you found this nugget, thanks
I have read the reports from the PI on several places, and I think even somewhere here in this thread way back. The PI was brought in really early in the investigation and didn't come to all the same conclusions as LE but I am honestly not sure if his conclusions were later refuted to be honest. I cannot link alot of the stuff as it is on a certain other forum that shall remain nameless, but the below is an article from just after the dispapearance that makes mention of it:

The theory is that there was a party at the Holiday Inn right by where Kyle was and he was headed there, it was confirmed I think that there was indeed a party and the people Kyle had had a minor altercation with attended it.

I am no expert on the pings and have no direct knowledge of what the PI thought he had found, but I do know that even back in 2007 it was pretty easy to trace where a phone was by the length of time it took the phone to respond from communications from cell towers. However, if one tower is busy the phone can be rerouted to another tower and also since there were only 2 towers covering a wide area there a this time, it makes the info less reliable.
I don't know if the PI was knowledgable enough to take this into account and maybe it was all later dismissed.

My theory would be that based on the pings and that the people he had an altercation with being at the Holiday Inn, the PI saw enough evidence that Kyle had gone there too.

I am actually not even convinced that it was Kyle using his phone to be honest. The calls are super weird and since Kyle knew his dad was out of town (and not at his office at that time anyway) then why call? I think he either pocket dialled or someone else was using his phone. Whether they were making random calls or were in fact trying to create a false trail I cannot say.

I have read the reports from the PI on several places, and I think even somewhere here in this thread way back. The PI was brought in really early in the investigation and didn't come to all the same conclusions as LE but I am honestly not sure if his conclusions were later refuted to be honest. I cannot link alot of the stuff as it is on a certain other forum that shall remain nameless, but the below is an article from just after the dispapearance that makes mention of it:

The theory is that there was a party at the Holiday Inn right by where Kyle was and he was headed there, it was confirmed I think that there was indeed a party and the people Kyle had had a minor altercation with attended it.

I am no expert on the pings and have no direct knowledge of what the PI thought he had found, but I do know that even back in 2007 it was pretty easy to trace where a phone was by the length of time it took the phone to respond from communications from cell towers. However, if one tower is busy the phone can be rerouted to another tower and also since there were only 2 towers covering a wide area there a this time, it makes the info less reliable.
I don't know if the PI was knowledgable enough to take this into account and maybe it was all later dismissed.

My theory would be that based on the pings and that the people he had an altercation with being at the Holiday Inn, the PI saw enough evidence that Kyle had gone there too.

I am actually not even convinced that it was Kyle using his phone to be honest. The calls are super weird and since Kyle knew his dad was out of town (and not at his office at that time anyway) then why call? I think he either pocket dialled or someone else was using his phone. Whether they were making random calls or were in fact trying to create a false trail I cannot say.
Thanks for the detailed reply. The Holiday Inn party definitely looks significant and a strong possibility, I have seen the party mentioned in various places/ sources. Makes logical sense given proximity and timing.
I did see reports that PI/ search had a good idea of direction Kyle went from phone pings. His phone seemed to switch from tower to west on a BoA building to a tower on Siegle Avenue close to edge of uptown area for his last call - the Holiday Inn is pretty much on a line equidistant between those two towers.
I'm pretty much of view Kyle made the calls as they seem to fit looking for ride, or arrange cash to pay a taxi on arrival - sister, then dad, then friend, then room mate.

I'm pretty much of view Kyle made the calls as they seem to fit looking for ride, or arrange cash to pay a taxi on arrival - sister, then dad, then friend, then room mate.
I agree, that does make total sense especially with the order of the calls.
But the call to his Dad throws me a bit in that he knew he wasn't in town and couldn't give him a ride/pay on arrival. and why call his office? Of course "Dad Home" & "Dad Office" or something similar could be easy to mix up if you're drunk. I am also baffled by the duration of the calls, in some cases although they connected to the towers, they werent long enough to actually cause the other person's phone to ring. Thats what made me think of a pocket dial. Of course...maybe the signal in the area was just poor.

I'm not familiar with the area either, but Tower 1 was known as Bank of American tower. I presume this was directly in the uptown/urban area where the events (comedy show/bar) in question were located. And then the other was known as Siegle Avenue tower. From what I understand, all of the pings from Kyle's phone were to BoA tower except the last one, which routed through Siegle tower.

There are two good podcasts on this if you're interested. The Unfound one with a Kyle Flesichmann case expert, who happens to be a Charlotte, NC native. And The Vanishing podcast, in which Kyle's father, uncle, and best friend all participate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels
Back