NC - MacDonald family murders at Fort Bragg, 1970 - Jeffrey MacDonald innocent?

Smellsarat,
You are right about the article on the Manson murders being in Jeff's home. It was in a Life or Look magazine found inside his house.
The writing on the headboard in his bedroom would be something picked up from that article.
I still believe he is GUILTY.

Natural Selection - like the footnote at the bottom of your entry. (Will never forget your psychic and religious entries - you've made me think twice about these type of things)

Ft. Bragg is an open post, and yes at that time, drugs were used by many soldiers with a simple article 15 that followed sometimes. Ms. Stoeckley was a druggie, so was her boyfriend (an ex soldier), unfortunately most of the people who have "confessed" to this crime have died. So we may and probably won't ever know the truth.

So in regard to MacDonald his situation was very similar to Scott Peterson's. Simply convenient that their pregnant wives no longer exist along with the children they were carrying. How convenient for them to continue their lives with their mistresses and extravagant means of living in the lap of luxury????????

Both had boats, both had champagne tastes on beer budgets, many similarities.

Jeffy boy is GUILTY. He murdered his wife and two baby daughters. The BS he spews about Stobley (or whatever her name was) who confessed (she recanted her testimony again and again) to being the hippie woman in the wig that took part in the murders, was a drug addict and mentally unstable. Even her own mother said she was liar and no one should believe a word that came out her mouth.

McDonald says he refuses to apologize for playing golf two weeks after the vicious murders. After all, he says, as tragic as the murders were, he had a right to get on with his life.

McDonald is a sociopath. How can anyone not see that?

Ditto Ivy,
Dr. McDonald is just looking for a new generation to BS about his unfair conviction. In his mind, of course he's innocent. This man has had many, many passes in front of the judicial system and look where he is now. Behind bars where he belongs.

I read Fatal Justice. I think IF what it says is true, the man deserves a new trial because of prosecutorial misconduct.

Originally posted by Ivy
Jeffy boy is GUILTY. He murdered his wife and two baby daughters. The BS he spews about Stobley (or whatever her name was) who confessed (she recanted her testimony again and again) to being the hippie woman in the wig that took part in the murders, was a drug addict and mentally unstable. Even her own mother said she was liar and no one should believe a word that came out her mouth.

McDonald says he refuses to apologize for playing golf two weeks after the vicious murders. After all, he says, as tragic as the murders were, he had a right to get on with his life.

McDonald is a sociopath. How can anyone not see that?

So, what you're saying is to not believe this woman when she recanted her confession right?

About MacDonald playing golf, IMO this now reminds people to much of O.J., we can't believe any person who plays golf makes them guilty of murder. I'm sure also that there are many people who murder who never play golf!
It does not surprise me that someone would actually do things after a time when their family is killed. I remember when my brother died very suddenly, that night I was so upset and had to get out of the house, I drove up to the lake just to try and clear my head and trying to make sense of everything. Was my heart broken? Yes. Was I crying uncontrollably? Yes. People do not lock themselves up in a room when death happens. Some take longer than others to get back to their regular schedule, some take less, being in their regular schedule actually helps them! It's not like he went straight from the hospital to a strip club to have a lap dance.

Its one thing when a loved one dies....But Jeff MacDonalds entire family WAS SLAUGHTERED.... IF that happened to me I think I'd be in a hospital or a padded room for awhile...NOT appearing on Dick Cavett preening like some celebrity....:nono:

My vote is GUILTY, and he is where he belongs...
Wanted to add: Amazing how the intruders left him alive but brutally slaughtered the weaker and more defenseless members of the family...Doesn't make sense to me...

Originally posted by tthoman
This case sounds like one that the Innocence Project @ the Cordoza Law School should look into, ...which is sponsored by the NACDL (National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers).

This worthwhile project was founded by Barry Scheck and another attorney. They have been able to prove the innocence of the wrongfully convicted through the use of DNA.
Remember Barry Scheck also got off OJ!:fuming:

He is a sick *advertiser censored* ... HE IS GUILTY . The book with Manson had Lee Marvin on the cover and was laying under the over turned coffee table.

I've always felt that guy was set up by the military and railroaded by the judge and prosecutor.
Its real bad because he seems to not only have asserted his innocence but actually identified the real killers and he was still convicted with some improper testimony from the forensics types as well.

Here's and interesting site.

Under Crime scene, it is claimed:
"The investigators claim the crime scene was staged.

They base this theory on the fact that the coffee table was found turned on its side, as opposed to on its top. Their theory is the table was "top heavy" and could not have landed on its side unless it was placed that way. The lead investigator, Bill Ivory, substantiated this theory by explaining the 30 times or more times investigators kicked the table, it always fell on its top

Before the hearing, Colonel Rock went to the crime scene to test Ivory’s theory and reports. In the presence of witnesses, Colonel Rock kicked the coffee table. It fell on its side, hitting the rocking chair and resting on its edge.

Colonel Rock returned to the hearing to establish that his one kick, contrary to Ivory’s claims, resulted in the coffee table coming to rest, exactly as seen in the crime scene photographs. Exactly as Ivory had claimed was impossible. "

Sunnmoon, did you hear about Colonel Rock?

Here's an interesting site.
http://www.karisable.com/jmacd.htm

Under Crime scene, it is claimed:
"The investigators claim the crime scene was staged.

They base this theory on the fact that the coffee table was found turned on its side, as opposed to on its top. Their theory is the table was "top heavy" and could not have landed on its side unless it was placed that way. The lead investigator, Bill Ivory, substantiated this theory by explaining the 30 times or more times investigators kicked the table, it always fell on its top

Before the hearing, Colonel Rock went to the crime scene to test Ivory’s theory and reports. In the presence of witnesses, Colonel Rock kicked the coffee table. It fell on its side, hitting the rocking chair and resting on its edge.

Colonel Rock returned to the hearing to establish that his one kick, contrary to Ivory’s claims, resulted in the coffee table coming to rest, exactly as seen in the crime scene photographs. Exactly as Ivory had claimed was impossible. "

Sunnmoon, did you hear about Colonel Rock?

This is interesting. I've never read up on this case before. It seems pretty odd that both the "mysterious woman" Stoekley and the man she says committed the murders Mitchell, both dies of cirrhosis of the liver within months of each other. Must have been heavy druggies.

The case is full of holes, though. It would make sense that he'd have fewer wounds, because he was stronger and could fight back. I didn't see reports of "barely wounded" though. I saw reports of a pretty good set of abdominal wounds and a punctured lung, as well as several other injuries. You don't usually puncture your lung if you're faking your own wounds. I need to read more.

Originally posted by Nova
Jeffrey MacDonald is absolutely, 100% guilty! I always think of him when people describe sociopaths who lie so convincingly because they have no conscience.

But apparently it is also true that evidence was withheld at his trial and the government isn't in any hurry to run DNA tests that might appear to exonerate him.

I, too, would like to hear what the neighbor says. There was a soldier at the time who said he saw a "hippy girl in a floppy hat" (MacDonald's description of one of the assailants) in the neighborhood - but that's a far cry from seeing a band of hippies enter MacDonald's house!

There are some who believe MacDonald is guilty even IF there actually were some "hippies" at the house that night. No matter who was there, we are still left with babies and a housewife who were "overkilled" while a grown soldier (the trainer for the Army boxing team) was barely wounded during a "life-and-death" struggle with multiple assailants.

DITTO!; Well posted; a pregnant housewife/mother at that!!!I remember it being a boy that Collette was pregnant with when Jeff murdered her IMHO/....??? (FWIW...I've strayed away from my homebase(JonBenet) and have never posted anywhere else...this is new to me...forgive me?!

There is an entire chapter devoted to how his wounds went from serious, life-threaning wounds to mere scratches over the course of the investigation.
Odd how wounds change their severity isn't it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back