NC - MacDonald family murders at Fort Bragg, 1970 - Jeffrey MacDonald innocent?

Fritzy's Mom said:
You know, I gather from much of the reading I've done that he was quite the *advertiser censored* during his California years...which is curious because some of the psychological reports indicate that he is gay - very strongly in denial, but gay nonetheless. It seems that acting out with women was just another of his ways to convince himself that he was actually a macho macho man...

I bet his time in California were the best years of his life - think about it...he was young, good looking, a doctor, a bachelor and, best of all, a very sympathetic character. He probably had women climbing all over him, feeling sorry for him and trying to make him happy, despite his overwhelming grief (gag!)...God, I bet he was just eating that up...
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about his effeminate voice! Have you any tapes where you can hear him talk? I can't believe it every time I hear him. I'll bet there were some women who ran away as soon as he opened his mouth, but yeah, his time in California must have been the best of his life. He did brag somewhere (in court I think) about how many women he had sex with that he didn't have to seduce.

Fritzy's Mom said:
I just noticed something rather odd...

Look at http://www.themacdonaldcase.org/Letters.html. Isn't Christina Masewicz the same person who runs The Jeffrey MacDonald Information Site? Doesn't she now pronounce his guilt?
Yep, you got that right. He probably dumped her like he did so many other women, but I'm only speculating on that. A woman scorned....

Kalypso said:
Yep, you got that right. He probably dumped her like he did so many other women, but I'm only speculating on that. A woman scorned....
Oh! Do you think so?! LOL...I love it!

I''m going to e-mail her and ask what's up...

Oh, no - I find it (him) fascinating. Did you ever read Ann Rule's Small Sacrifices about Diane Downs? She was another one...just bizarre in the way she looked at and lived her life. These people are so outside the norm that you can't help but want to study them...

Excellent, excellent book. I've read it so many times, my copy has fallen apart. I too am fascinated. I've always wanted to know what motivates people to do the things they do. I just can't fathom it.

Fritzy's Mom said:
I just noticed something rather odd...

Look at http://www.themacdonaldcase.org/Letters.html. Isn't Christina Masewicz the same person who runs The Jeffrey MacDonald Information Site? Doesn't she now pronounce his guilt?

Christina did come to and now does believe in his guilt. That letter was written years ago and the webmaster (Kathryn Macdonald) will not remove it despite repeated requests by Christina to have it removed.

Now, do you really believe that she said anything like that? Maybe she did and he just turned the words around, but it seems to me like an awfully passive reaction to the situation at hand...If someone were beating me and my children to death, I can't see those words coming out of my mouth...To me, this just sounds like another one of his lies...

I do. Neighbours heard a woman screaming and children crying. One heard a woman cry "don't you touch me" I believe he changed the words around to "why are they doing this to me" Now that of course does not sound like anything she would say to strangers if they were killing her.

little1 said:
I too am not sur eof the molestation charge although I would not be surprised. It happens all the time in "normal" families.

Anywho, imo it probably hasmor eto do with COlette and her growing independence. She was getting her education, raising her kids, and starting to speak her mind. MacDoanld, to me, seems to be the type of man who CANNOT be arond a woman that speaks her mind. Or GOD FORBID---be right in some instances. I think they got into an arguement ove rhte bedwetting thing, she mentioned that she had asked her professor in class and he agreed with her over MacDonald as to what they should do about the problem.

I know that is kinda out there, but that is what I think!

Out there? Makes sense to me. I believe that was the prosecutor's theory and a jury agreed.

cami said:
I do. Neighbours heard a woman screaming and children crying. One heard a woman cry "don't you touch me" I believe he changed the words around to "why are they doing this to me" Now that of course does not sound like anything she would say to strangers if they were killing her.

Color me impressed by your knowledge of this case! :clap:

Kalypso said:
I agree with everything that Cami says!

Hey, since we are not allowed to talk about Mac's wife, Kathyrn, over on c&j, why not here. Such as, I wonder how close she is getting to divorcing him now that he lost the parole hearing? (I looked up Allegany County in MD and they don't have divorces online there yet). How long do you think she'll wait? She's 44? Geez, if I were her, I'd worry that time were running out for me for finding an available man -- but she is still good looking.

And doesn't he look like he has about 2 TEETH in his photos now? She's way too good for him. So what the heck is the matter with her?

She is one rude woman. Ever email that website of his and ask a question? First she tells you to read Fatal Justice and then if you still have a question she blows you off. She, like most of his loyal fans, have not looked at the physical evidence, trace evidence that is overwhelming proof of his guilt in my opinion. How could she and still believe in his innocence. Obviously, she has some deep seated personal issues to have left her husband and children to marry a man guilty of murdering his own wife and children.

Kalypso said:
I e-mailed her and she wrote me back...

No, she never had a relationship with MacDonald (Darn! I would've loved to have heard about it!), but she did attend his trial. She wasn't sure about his guilt at the time she wrote the letter posted on his website.

And, you're right about that other board...Christina said that MacDonald's attorneys have hounded her about lots of things - stolen documents she supposedly has, the name and content of her site and the contents of her book. I'm sure they (MacDonald's attorneys) monitor that site carefully... she doesn't want to give them any more ammo...

cami said:
She is one rude woman. Ever email that website of his and ask a question? First she tells you to read Fatal Justice and then if you still have a question she blows you off. She, like most of his loyal fans, have not looked at the physical evidence, trace evidence that is overwhelming proof of his guilt in my opinion. How could she and still believe in his innocence. Obviously, she has some deep seated personal issues to have left her husband and children to marry a man guilty of murdering his own wife and children.
She acts and looks so frail on TV, like you could knock her over with a feather. When she got so nervous, didn't you think so, too? I emailed them once but told them I thought he ought to unload the guilt and confess, so she never wrote me back. :)

IMO, anyone who dates or marries a prisoner, especially a lifer, has deep seated issues. You might have seen my long story on the board in another section about how I had a male friend for 9 years who only dates (and marries) prisoners ("Rancho Mirage"). It was obvious what his problems were, since I knew him well in person. I was his only friend.

Some of his issues I can think of included: intense fear of intimacy, fear of strings or demands being placed on him, intense fear of committment; he had passive-aggressive disorder; sexually inadequate, socially isolated, trouble getting along with others, fear of responsibility including financial, ungenerous, very low self esteem. Lots and lots of fear in them!

But with her leaving her family to marry Mac, I think she also craves the fame - or infamy- that comes along with him, don't you? How much longer do you think she can hold out for him? My friend lasted 8 years in his marriage to a lifer and finally gave up when (1) her looks went downhill, (2) she lost appeal after appeal and he felt she was never going to get out, (3) his conscience got to him for dating other prisoners, so he divorced her ostensibly to "get on with his life." Which only meant dating more prisoners. :)

Fritzy's Mom said:
I e-mailed her and she wrote me back...

No, she never had a relationship with MacDonald (Darn! I would've loved to have heard about it!), but she did attend his trial. She wasn't sure about his guilt at the time she wrote the letter posted on his website.

And, you're right about that other board...Christina said that MacDonald's attorneys have hounded her about lots of things - stolen documents she supposedly has, the name and content of her site and the contents of her book. I'm sure they (MacDonald's attorneys) monitor that site carefully... she doesn't want to give them any more ammo...
She never had a "relationship" with him, but did she have a crush on him? If she did, I'll bet she wouldn't admit that. He wasn't too bad looking back when she wrote that letter, and she's approximately his age. What woman would write to a male prisoner if they weren't attracted to him? (Take Scott Peterson, for instance).

I write to three ex-abused women in prison, and they will probably never get out. I would never initiate correspondence with a male prisoner unless I was single and looking for a relationship with minimal strings attached! One really gets into the letter-writing and you can become very close, intimate friends, so you don't want to start something up or even tell them you support them if they are of the opposite sex. A lot of the males probably try to start phone sex or letter sex, ultimately, anyway.

So, I don't think Christina was being completely honest with you. I can't blame her; I'd be in denial about that, too, 'cause he's such an unsympathetic case. I still think he rejected her as a romantic interest. :)

Nova said:

Oh hey Nova thanks. It's taken a lot of years. I am part of a group discussion elsewhere on this case. There are some serious researchers into this case. Some of them are former MacDonald supporters that jumped ship once those documents started to go up on CM"s website. They exposed Fatal Justice and MacDonald for what he really is--a baby killer. The lowest of the low, piece of pond scum.

Before I move if you true blue followers would like I can go take photos of where the house was on Bragg (i live on the base within walking distance) and the hospital etc ( i see these spots daily)
Let me know.............

BTW,had a interesting talk with a very lovely local who had some great ancedotes about life on Bragg and in Fayetteville after MacDonald killed his family.She was a bit of a hippie herself then and described the unfortunate harrassment of any and all "hippie types" here in the area due to Jeffy's story.

Cami, do you think that if I wrote to Mac claiming to be a supporter (and used a friend's name and address because Kathryn knows differently), that I could get an autographed old photo out of him? Do you know anybody that's done it? He's not gonna live forever and he looks older than he is now.

Kalypso said:
IMO, anyone who dates or marries a prisoner, especially a lifer, has deep seated issues. You might have seen my long story on the board in another section about how I had a male friend for 9 years who only dates (and marries) prisoners ("Rancho Mirage"). It was obvious what his problems were, since I knew him well in person. I was his only friend.

Some of his issues I can think of included: intense fear of intimacy, fear of strings or demands being placed on him, intense fear of committment; he had passive-aggressive disorder; sexually inadequate, socially isolated, trouble getting along with others, fear of responsibility including financial, ungenerous, very low self esteem. Lots and lots of fear in them!
Good grief - I can see why you were his only friend! What exactly did you see in him?! Sounds like a friendship based on pity..

But with her leaving her family to marry Mac, I think she also craves the fame - or infamy- that comes along with him, don't you?
Absolutely. The fame and the sympathy.

How much longer do you think she can hold out for him? My friend lasted 8 years in his marriage to a lifer and finally gave up when (1) her looks went downhill, (2) she lost appeal after appeal and he felt she was never going to get out, (3) his conscience got to him for dating other prisoners, so he divorced her ostensibly to "get on with his life." Which only meant dating more prisoners. :)
Oh, I think she's in this for the long run...she's a definite head case.

Think about it...she's married to a famous doctor who adores and needs her, who will never cheat on her, who hangs on her every word and who makes her out to be a sympathetic character to the rest of the world. The fact that they can never be together is a small price to pay. In her heart of hearts, she knows he's guilty...she just doesn't care. This marriage is all about her...

Kalypso said:
She never had a "relationship" with him, but did she have a crush on him? If she did, I'll bet she wouldn't admit that. He wasn't too bad looking back when she wrote that letter, and she's approximately his age. What woman would write to a male prisoner if they weren't attracted to him? (Take Scott Peterson, for instance).
Yep. I suspect you're right - I bet she did have a crush on him (big one - she actually attended his trial) ...until she found out how sicko he is.

A lot of the males probably try to start phone sex or letter sex, ultimately, anyway.
Ick. I'd rather be lonely...

I still think he rejected her as a romantic interest. :)
LOL...that's pretty sad if he did! Poor girl...can't even get an inmate!!!

messiecake said:
Before I move if you true blue followers would like I can go take photos of where the house was on Bragg (i live on the base within walking distance) and the hospital etc ( i see these spots daily)
Let me know.............
Wow - is the apartment still there?

Nova said:
Hi Nova!

Yes, I've discovered that Cami is both the MacDonald and the Darlie Queen! Very informative!

Hey! I saw a bizarro movie the other day and thought of you - Suddenly, Last Summer with Elizabeth Taylor. Another one where I could use your insights...When are you going to start a movie thread?!

Fritzy's Mom said:
Wow - is the apartment still there?

Its now a house but the street sign is the same .
The people living there had no idea who MacDonald was or what happened.Most people dont seem to unless they're Fayetteville locals...........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W4R_DR1V3R
Back