Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #9 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boys are with CPS custody because Kristy was not supposed to have contact with them until the custody hearing.

They were staying with her parents.
How do you know this?

NC for Shared Parenting posted this on their Facebook page.
Is that an official source then? Sorry to probe, I just want to know if it can be treated as factual.

Can't see it in there.

The document is a juvenile summons and notice of hearing and notes that the two boys have been placed in DSS custody temporarily. Woods and his ex-wife, Kristy, are scheduled to be in court over the custody of the boys Friday morning.

The document is a juvenile summons and notice of hearing and notes that the two boys have been placed in DSS custody temporarily. Woods and his ex-wife, Kristy, are scheduled to be in court over the custody of the boys Friday morning.
But where does it say they are not with KW's mother? I believed that was the temporary DSS custody placement.

Tarheellvr, someone likely already responded to you for me, but just in case, when I speak of the older half sibling, I am speaking of AW's son from a previous marriage, AW2. I believe he is a young adult at this point. He did not live with Kristy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Strange thing to say IMO.

I have seen so many people say "I would have taken her". My only thought is that the system has thousands and thousands of kids needing loving homes. If they mean what they say what are they waiting for?

tortoise, i'm contacting a mod to see if the content is allowed to be posted then i will...

But where does it say they are not with KW's mother? I believed that was the temporary DSS custody placement.

I apologize. I should have posted more of the article. The article says CPS gave Woods the document on Friday. Further down the article, it states the grandmother had the children on the 27th. My take is sometime between 11/27 and Friday, 12/1, CPS took custody.

Woods said he photographed some of the paperwork CPS gave him on Friday in regards to his two sons, 5 and 10 years old, and sent it to HLN television. On Tuesday morning, Woods allowed The Daily News to photograph and review the paperwork as well. The Onslow County Department of Social Services would not verify the documents because it is a juvenile case, which is also sealed at the Onslow County Court house.

The boys were placed in the care of their grandmother, Kristy Woods’ mother, on Nov. 27, according to the documents, and the grandmother, whose relationship with Alex Woods is allegedly “volatile,” was told to be the sole caregiver of the boys due to concerns over the grandfather’s drinking habits. The Daily News has spoken with the grandmother who confirms she is watching the boys.

This seems to be information that came out after that article was written Mica (IMO)

<snipped>

First post but been following for a good while...I hope this is allowed?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Welcome! Glad you decided to post. Don't let the snip get to you. Just part of the learning curve. If it was what I am thinking many of us made that mistake until it was clarified. Keep on truckin!

The boys were placed in the care of their grandmother, Kristy Woods&#8217; mother, on Nov. 27, according to the documents, and the grandmother, whose relationship with Alex Woods is allegedly &#8220;volatile,&#8221; was told to be the sole caregiver of the boys due to concerns over the grandfather&#8217;s drinking habits. The Daily News has spoken with the grandmother who confirms she is watching the boys.

What kind of blatant and malignant stupidity would lead DCF to think this was a good idea? Brilliant...absolutely brilliant!! Put the boys with someone who is hostile to their father to further poison their mind and manipulate them to defend their egg donor.

Gah! The stupid...it's just so strong.

The grandma was a temporary placement until the first hearing but a condition was violated (Kristy was not suppose to have contact) and the boys were put into a non relative placement. NC For Shared Parenting has been updating. JMO

What kind of blatant and malignant stupidity would lead DCF to think this was a good idea? Brilliant...absolutely brilliant!! Put the boys with someone who is hostile to their father to further poison their mind and manipulate them to defend their egg donor.

Gah! The stupid...it's just so strong.

JMO, but they put high emphasis on relative placements because family bonds are important even though not all families can achieve the healthy bound . Perhaps they didn't have all the info on that current placement because it sounds like it was an emergency placement . Obviously the placement didn't work out

I have no knowledge of how NC for Shared Parenting works or what type of organization they are - but are they receiving their information from the bio dad or the courts?

Surely they won't give custody of these boys to their mom.Isn't one dead child enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname