NC NC - Marissa Carmichael, 25, met smn @ nightclub, called 911, left in a car with smn else, Greensboro, 14 Jan 2024

That article had a lot of good info. One thing that's not been mentioned - certainly everything thinks "Sex trafficking" when a very pretty woman goes missing, but she's about 10 years past the age for her to be a likely victim and usually victims are groomed and not taken from large, close-knit families (traffickers tend to prey on the loners, and those from dysfunctional family environments). Possible, certainly, but not as likely. But what about underlying health issues. Not to be unkind, but at 5 foot 4 and 260 pounds, as she was described, she could easily have underlying health issues (diabetes, even heart) related to obesity, that combined with trauma, stress, a bit too much social drinking or intentionally or unknowingly ingesting recreational drugs could have brought about a seizure or other medical event. Nothing can be ruled out. What matters most is the search continues for her - as she is loved and missed.

This case has disappeared from the media completely. Nothing from GPD either but that was to be expected.
I plan on emailing the legit news sources here in GSO.
Please do not bring up racism as to the reason unless you live here. If you live here you would know this is not the case for Greensboro. IMO.

Sent emails to Fox 8 WGHP and WXII, if anyone would like to join in. Thank you!

Last edited:
I got a response from Channel 2 news director that said they had a reporter reach out to GPD last Friday and GPD says it is still an on going investigation but no new leads.
She stated that WXII will be keeping her in the news and asking for people to submit info on the case to Crimestoppers.

MOO - I get the feeling either GPD is not getting anything helpful in the investigation or not getting cooperation from others who might know more. JMO.

I got a response from Channel 2 news director that said they had a reporter reach out to GPD last Friday and GPD says it is still an on going investigation but no new leads.
She stated that WXII will be keeping her in the news and asking for people to submit info on the case to Crimestoppers.

MOO - I get the feeling either GPD is not getting anything helpful in the investigation or not getting cooperation from others who might know more. JMO.
Thank you for reaching out for an update.

It was channel 12 that made the reply, not channel 2 , my mistake. I could not find how to contact Channel 2 like Used to do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769
Back