GUILTY NC - Melissa Huggins-Jones, 30, murdered in her Raleigh home, 14 May 2013

Husbands whereabouts crucial at this point. Get on it. Let's hope LE in TN is all over this guy. The writing is on the wall for me.

I'm curious why you say this... I haven't seen anything negative written or spoken in the media against her ex. I'm new to this thread, only just now reading for the first time about this crime, so maybe I missed the negative reference?

I wonder if there were any other crime/police calls to the near area the evening/early morning she was murdered...

http://www.wjhl.com/story/22247083/death-investigation-underway-near-north-hills

22247083_BG1.jpg

Woman killed in Raleigh's North Hills had just moved from Tenn.

Posted: May 14, 2013 12:07 PM EDT
Updated: May 15, 2013 5:08 PM EDT
By Jonathan Carlson

Snipped:
Raleigh Police are investigating the death of the 30-year-old woman as a homicide after her body was found Tuesday in her apartment at 441 Allister Drive.

Color me confused bc its been reported repeatedly that Melissa deleted or deactivated her Facebook account on May 11th, yet somebody in the following article informs they spoke with Melissa on Facebook on Mother's Day... Well, Mother's Day was May 12th.

Also, from this same article - notice how the worded "suspect information". How odd. Could police already have a poi in mind? Otherwise I wonder why its worded like this, bc why not just say "there are no suspects at this time"? The following paragraph does go on to explain they wonder if she maybe had a stalker or something... Is that just the media's take on it or did police actually say that?

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/22263203/nc-police-release-911-calls-in-cleveland-womans-death

NC Police release 911 calls in Cleveland woman's death

Posted: May 15, 2013 5:31 PM EDT
Updated: May 15, 2013 5:38 PM EDT
By Antwan Harris, Reporter

Snipped:
Raleigh Police have not released suspect information.

Snipped:
A neighbor says she last talked to Jones on Facebook Mother's Day.

What I wonder is if one of the construction men was the killer. (not necessarily ones who helped the daughter) There was a lot of construction going on around her building. Maybe one of them had a pass key to enter the apartment as she slept.

What I wonder is if one of the construction men was the killer. (not necessarily ones who helped the daughter) There was a lot of construction going on around her building. Maybe one of them had a pass key to enter the apartment as she slept.

That's something I wonder as well. Also, some of the online articles have a comment section. I just read something in a comment that suggested there were a rash of break-ins that night. I think the comment mentioned vehicles, as in breaking into several vehicles & stealing whatever's in them. Could it all be related?

Cleveland, TN is over 7 hours away from Raleigh, NC. The son remained with his dad to finish out his school year.

http://www.clevelandbanner.com/view...e-Police-search--for-suspect-in-N-C--murder-?

3EUX_MelissaJones.jpg

Police search for suspect in N.C. murder
by GREG KAYLOR, Banner Staff Writer
2 hours ago

Snipped:
Investigators with the Raleigh Police Department have filed a search warrant for Huggins-Jones’ Facebook records, according to WRAL TV reports.

Huggins-Jones reportedly deleted her account Saturday.

Snipped:
Huggins-Jones was reportedly from Elizabethtown, N.C.

Snipped:
WRAL reported a funeral service is set for Sunday in Elizabethtown, N.C.

That's something I wonder as well. Also, some of the online articles have a comment section. I just read something in a comment that suggested there were a rash of break-ins that night. I think the comment mentioned vehicles, as in breaking into several vehicles & stealing whatever's in them. Could it all be related?

I looked at the crime map and those burglaries happened on the afternoon after Melissa was found murdered.

I just went to the Facebook memorial page for her. I'm in tears. Literally. There's so many awesome posts and pictures. Lots & lots of memories being described, alot of happy ones especially - including her younger years. Those that knew her I'm sure feel blessed to have had Melissa in their lives.

I looked at the crime map and those burglaries happened on the afternoon after Melissa was found murdered.

Thanks so much for this! I was just trying to locate a police call log from that whole week.

Hmmm... Other residents of the building are staying elsewhere until investigators finish with the crime scene? Does that include neighbors of her apartment or other residents of her apartment? Why would a neighbor have to stay anywhere other than their own apartment if the crime didnt occur in their apartment? Is this a tactical way of stating there were other(s) living in Melissa's apartment that have to stay elsewhere until the crime scene has been cleared? Waitasec... Could blood have dripped through the floor to an apartment underneath her? Anybody know what level her apartment was on? If someone lived beneath her & blood dripped through, that would explain why that resident would need to stay elsewhere...

http://www.wral.com/raleigh-pd-searching-for-clues-in-allister-drive-killing/12450306/

Posted: 4:05 p.m. yesterday
Updated: 11:12 a.m. today
Raleigh PD searching for clues in Allister Drive killing
Reporters: Amanda Lamb, Ken Smith
Web Editor: Angie Basiouny

Snipped:
Raleigh police filed a search warrant Tuesday to obtain the victim’s Facebook records, including private and deleted messages. Family members told investigators that Huggins-Jones had deleted her Facebook account on Saturday, two days before her death, according to the warrant.

Snipped:
Her former co-worker at the bank, DM, said Huggins-Jones sent her a text message around 11:30 p.m. Monday.

Snipped:
Crime scene investigators spent Wednesday collecting evidence from her apartment building. They declined to say whether anyone else lived in the apartment with Huggins-Jones and her daughter. The girl is staying with relatives, police said.

The building where the body was found is the only one occupied in Allister North Hills Apartments; the rest of the complex is under construction. Raleigh police spokesman Jim Sughrue said Wednesday that other residents in the building are staying in other places until investigators finish their work at the crime scene.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/05/16/2896937/raleigh-police-get-homicide-victims.html

Raleigh police get homicide victim’s deleted Facebook page in seeking leads
Published: May 16, 2013
From staff reports

Snipped:
RALEIGH — Police detectives have obtained all of Melissa Huggins-Jones’ Facebook information, which she deleted three days before she was found dead in her North Hills apartment, as they try to figure who killed her.

A search warrant dated the afternoon of the day her daughter found her bloody in a bedroom at their 441 Allister Drive apartment was signed by Superior Court Judge Howard Manning and sent to Facebook Inc.

Police turned it back in to court clerks Wednesday afternoon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amilee
Back