GUILTY NC - Min Soon Chang, 18, killed by drunk driver, Charlotte, Nov 2005

Nobody said it wasn't noble of them to do that. But doing something like that while knowing it is against the law, takes away your right to complain about the law being held up in the future. Go ahead and drive 100 miles an hour, but don't complain when you get a speeding ticket and your driver's license taken away.

ICE sting nets 121 gang members, including almost 60 here

IRVING -- They're the most menacing of the menacing in the Metroplex -- violent street gang members who murder, sexually assault children and engage in organized crime. And when a weeklong roundup ended Sunday night, 121 people identified as gang members, including 47 from Fort Worth and 12 from Arlington, were in custody, authorities announced Monday.

The federal and local operation also seized 19 guns, brass knuckles and a switchblade, 3.4 kilograms of cocaine, less than a gram of crack, 1 gram of heroin and 1.1 kilograms of marijuana, officials said at a news conference in Dallas. "These are not people you want living next door to you," said John Chakwin Jr., special agent in charge of the Office of Investigations for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Dallas.

The roundup was part of a program called Operation Community Shield. ICE is involved, Chakwin said, because past assessments of gang activity have indicated that many members are foreign-born and are in the country illegally, have criminal convictions or are involved in crime along the border.

Of those arrested, 63 were on warrants for criminal offenses and 58 were classified as illegal immigrants, Chakwin said....

Copied from Buzz1 post...

Half of the worst of the worst - were here illegally.

See this is where I think it's starting to become a 'blame the illegals' game. If half of the worst of the worst were illegal, than an equal amount were home-grown good ole boys. Does absolutely nothing for this discussion right here, and should have remained in the Political Pavillion. As always JMO.

I only posted the title of this thread originally as such because that was the title of the story. I certainly never meant for this to be a "political" discussion.
:rolleyes:

I think the point is, the US has enough problems with crime from its own legal citizens. We do not need illegals adding more to it.

See this is where I think it's starting to become a 'blame the illegals' game. If half of the worst of the worst were illegal, than an equal amount were home-grown good ole boys. Does absolutely nothing for this discussion right here, and should have remained in the Political Pavillion. As always JMO.
Half of the worst of the worst were illegal, half were citizens. But, the thing is, the very vital point here - half of all people in America are not illegal. Nowhere near, not even remotely close to half. So, a grossly disproportionate number of those worst of the worst gang members were illegal. That says something very important - that's why we have controls on immigration, that's why we should have a say in who comes here and who doesn't, that's why it's a concern when there is a large group living outside the law as a way of life.

Half of the worst of the worst were illegal, half were citizens. But, the thing is, the very vital point here - half of all people in America are not illegal. Nowhere near, not even remotely close to half. So, a grossly disproportionate number of those worst of the worst gang members were illegal. That says something very important - that's why we have controls on immigration, that's why we should have a say in who comes here and who doesn't, that's why it's a concern when there is a large group living outside the law as a way of life.

I'm sure there have been busts of gangs with nothing but legal citiznes!! And they will not be your neighbors if this law passes because anyone with a felony will be deported period.

I'm sure there have been busts of gangs with nothing but legal citiznes!! And they will not be your neighbors if this law passes because anyone with a felony will be deported period.
The amnesty law allowed gang members to stay. It wasn't hard at all on those with a criminal background.

Sure, there are gangs of all types - but when they do a bust of their worst, it says something when so many are illegal. One thing that know happens (both directions) is that criminals cross illegally to escape prosecution - that's likely a significant portion of that gang - people with a criminal record back home. Without control over who comes here and who does not, we open ourselves up to this.

Unfortunately, in Houston, many of the violent gang members are children of illegal aliens or sometimes illegal themselves as well. Because they are brought over at older ages, they are not very well emotionally connected with their parents (who are often working all the time.) They end up bonding with the gang as a kind of psuedo-family.

The Houston Chronicle did an in-depth study when a teenage gang member of MS-13 was stabbed in a gang fight with another "wannabe" teen gang. The reporter researched in detail the citizenship status issues that led to gang membership.

There are gang members who are citizens, but there are large numbers who are not.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back