NC - Mom, Boyfriend Accused Of Raping 6-Year-Old Girl

concernedperson said:
But what about the rest of her life? It is well and good that people respond with small gifts.Attempted murder and rape are beyond what I believe a teddy bear can repair. But that is just me...I always look at the larger and longer picture. This child has suffered so much and will suffer more. She is so young....the memories will be repressed for a time and rise when unwanted and unexpected. I worry so much about these children. I worry about the generational aspect of these crimes. I just worry all the time anyway.

I think the community response is just meant as a sign to her of their support. They can't change what happened, but they want to do what they can to help her deal with it. Show her someone cares about her. Yes, she is stil going to have it rough. She is going to need a lot of love and counseling. Things most people cannot offer her. But what they can do is give her toys, and well wishes.
Though, probably what she needs the most is a fund to help her with the medical and psychiatric care she will need.

mysteriew said:
I think the community response is just meant as a sign to her of their support. They can't change what happened, but they want to do what they can to help her deal with it. Show her someone cares about her. Yes, she is stil going to have it rough. She is going to need a lot of love and counseling. Things most people cannot offer her. But what they can do is give her toys, and well wishes.
Though, probably what she needs the most is a fund to help her with the mediacal and psychiatrist care she will need.

You know Myst, the only people in the US I would wish to win the lottery is you and me. Because I know we would step up to the plate. We wouldn't be going around getting pedicures but would be getting real stuff done. Sick of the depravity and seeing kids go down the drain faster than draino. It is the same thing over and over. If changes aren't made then the same mistakes will occur.

This story actually gives me some hope. Those neighbors did "interfere" and get involved and saved this childs life. Let's pray that this is a trend that will continue and grow!!

cherylereed said:
This story actually gives me some hope. Those neighbors did "interfere" and get involved and saved this childs life. Let's pray that this is a trend that will continue and grow!!

Amen!

A 6-year-old girl was beaten, raped and nearly killed and on Wednesday, the two people police say are responsible were supposed to be in court.

Charlotte Hodge, a relative of the victim, and William McClasky, Hodge's boyfriend, are accused in the case. McClasky has been charged with attempted murder, three counts of rape, kidnapping and felonious child endangerment. Hodge is charged with complicity to commit attempted murder, three counts of rape, kidnapping and felonious child endangerment.

Both waived their court appearances Wednesday, but Hodge's relatives, including Jackie Pence, spoke to NBC 4.

"She needs to be put away so she'll never hurt another kid again. Him, too," Pence said.

Both Hodge and McClasky entered pleas of not guilty at their arraignment Thursday.
http://www.nbc4i.com/news/5601708/detail.html

Charlotte Hodge

Housed: Ohio Reformatory for Women
Admission Date: 08/24/2006

Offense: Complicity-Rape
Offense: Complicity-Felony Assault
Offense: Child Endangering
Sentence: 20 years
Expiration of Stated Term: 12/07/2025
=======================================

William McClaskey

Housed: Mansfield Correctional Institution
Admission Date: 08/28/2006

Offense: Rape
Offense: Felony Assault
Offense: Child Endangering
Sentence: 16 years - Life
Expiration of Stated Term: None

she should have gotten life too.

that 'she'll be set real well for christmas' comment is making me want to put a fist thru the moron who said it.

i think it was a great gesture by the people who sent gifts. it shows there hearts were in the right place. its like when they find a murdered child and people send teddy bears and flowers to the site. i guess part of it might be guilt that they couldnt do anything about it (even though they couldnt).

my problem was the idiot saying she was all set for christmas. that's a pretty insensitive thing to say, all the gifts wont ever make up for what happened to her, as the people who sent them knew, too. but this guy makes light of the whole situation imo. :(

The comment about the gifts did not hit me like that at all. I think he was just trying to say that everyone was coming together and trying to do what they could for the little girl. He said she left the hospital with nothing. So, they were fixing that. I didn't find it making light of her situation in any way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back