GUILTY NC - Nags Head, Mummified Infant, in trash can, blonde hair, Apr'91 - n/a *arrests*

I apologize, I thought I'd posted the link also, here it is:
VINELink
I use to live in NC. Unfortunately, my daughter had a run in with a not so upstanding guy, so this is the site her victims advocate suggested to use to keep her safe.
There are 2 different case numbers for both of them, I just copied one for each of them. I didn't dig to see if they have any court dates pending.

Unfortunately I'm in Europe & can not access VINELink. Can ask you a favor and have you look up and see if there is a court date scheduled? And post the case #s for them?

TIA! It would be very much appreciated! :)

Unfortunately I'm in Europe & can not access VINELink. Can ask you a favor and have you look up and see if there is a court date scheduled? And post the case #s for them?

TIA! It would be very much appreciated! :)

Unfortunately, neither of them are showing up on the court dockets. Sorry I couldn't help more!

Unfortunately, neither of them are showing up on the court dockets. Sorry I couldn't help more!

Thanks for trying! and
cathallow.gif

You can look up the court dockets here:
Calendars / Criminal Calendars
As Tabirey said, they don’t seem to have a court date yet; things don’t tend to move very fast around here.

Unfortunately I am in Europe & can't access that court site link.
Can you be my "go-to" person for looking up court dates?

TIA if you can! :)

I see the title has an added Resolved - ?? What was resolved? Were they arrested & pled guilty?

TIA if anyone can explain! :)

@OuchMouse - any updates yet for court hearings on this case?

TIA!

here are my notes for this case so far:
NC - *Baby Doe (cold case #040491-0016) – (found April 4, 1991 mummified infant in trash can, Nags Head) - *Scott Gordon Poole (23 @ time of crime/54) & Robin Lynn Byrum (20 @ time of crime/51/now 52) (wife) arrested & charged (10/21/21) with concealing birth of child. Additional charges may be filled pending further investigation. Bond (both) $250K. Out of custody, bonded out (both on 10/27/21). Dare County SP DOB 9/1967 & RB DOB 5/1970
On April 4, 1991 at 10:00am Nags Head Officers were dispatched to the 8600 block of East Tides Drive in reference to a deceased infant in the trash can rack. When officers responded, the found the mummified body of an infant. An autopsy revealed the infant was Caucasian with blond hair. The infant was approximately 5-7 pounds at birth and 18-19 inches in length. The sex is unknown due to the condition of the body when it was discovered. The estimated age of the infant is less than 3 months. It is estimated the body was placed in the trash rack in February, 1991. According to the Pitt County Medical Examiner’s Office in Greenville, NC, the child died by blunt force trauma to the face & asphyxiation.
10/25/21 Update: The Town of Nags Head issued a release on Oct. 25 announcing that its police detectives used DNA evidence to solve the case of a Baby Doe whose remains were found in the trash 30 years ago. Here are the details. The parents of the child, Scott Gordon Poole, 54 & his wife, Robin Lynn Byrum, 51, both of Taylorsville, NC were arrested Oct. 21 by the Alexander County, North Carolina, Sheriff’s Office. They were charged with NC General Statute § 14‑46, Concealing birth of child, a Class I felony. Additional charges may be filed pending further investigation. Over the years, Nags Head’s police investigators have examined & re-examined evidence in the case. In 2019, officers began another re-investigation of the case, sending Baby Doe’s rib bone to Othram, a private lab in The Woodlands, TX, for forensic analysis. The lab recovered human DNA from the bone & used that hereditary material to conduct a genealogical profile, which led to a family in North Carolina. Further investigation by Nags Head Police led to the individuals who were arrested. Poole & Byrum were booked into the custody of the Alexander County Sheriff’s Office with bond set at $250K for both defendants. They have since been transferred & are now at the Dare County Detention Center.

@Niner The new court calendar came out today. Looks like they’re both on the docket again for later this month (August 29th). They are both facing charges of Concealing Birth of a Child. Robin Lynn Byrum is also facing a charge of Murder. I’ve been keeping an eye on the court calendars for a while and I believe this will be the first time she’s also facing the murder charge.

Not sure how long it will be before we see a resolution with this case as the county also has several other murder charges that have yet to see trial. Haven’t seen anything at all in the news about this case since it initially broke.

@Niner The new court calendar came out today. Looks like they’re both on the docket again for later this month (August 29th). They are both facing charges of Concealing Birth of a Child. Robin Lynn Byrum is also facing a charge of Murder. I’ve been keeping an eye on the court calendars for a while and I believe this will be the first time she’s also facing the murder charge.

Not sure how long it will be before we see a resolution with this case as the county also has several other murder charges that have yet to see trial. Haven’t seen anything at all in the news about this case since it initially broke.

Thank you! Does it say what kind of hearing (i.e. pretrial, motions, etc.) and what time it starts?

TIA! :)

And will you be my "go to person" for this case, since I can not access NC court sites? :D

Monday, August 29th:
*Hearing (@ am ET) - NC - *Baby Doe (cold case #040491-0016) – (found April 4, 1991 mummified infant in trash can, Nags Head) - *Scott Gordon Poole (23 @ time of crime/54) & Robin Lynn Byrum (20 @ time of crime/51/now 52) (wife) arrested & charged (10/21/21) with concealing birth of child. And for Byrum charged with murder. Bond (both) $250K. Out of custody, bonded out (both on 10/27/21).
For info on case see post #31 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...n-blonde-hair-apr91-n-a-arrests.257314/page-2

10/25/21 Update: The Town of Nags Head issued a release on Oct. 25 announcing that its police detectives used DNA evidence to solve the case of a Baby Doe whose remains were found in the trash 30 years ago. Here are the details. The parents of the child, Scott Gordon Poole, 54 & his wife, Robin Lynn Byrum, 51, both of Taylorsville, NC were arrested Oct. 21 by the Alexander County, North Carolina, Sheriff’s Office. They were charged with NC General Statute § 14‑46, Concealing birth of child, a Class I felony. Additional charges may be filed pending further investigation. Over the years, Nags Head’s police investigators have examined & re-examined evidence in the case. In 2019, officers began another re-investigation of the case, sending Baby Doe’s rib bone to Othram, a private lab in The Woodlands, TX, for forensic analysis. The lab recovered human DNA from the bone & used that hereditary material to conduct a genealogical profile, which led to a family in North Carolina. Further investigation by Nags Head Police led to the individuals who were arrested. Poole & Byrum were booked into the custody of the Alexander County Sheriff’s Office with bond set at $250K for both defendants. They have since been transferred & are now at the Dare County Detention Center.
8/4/22 Update: Next hearing for both on 8/29/22.

@OuchMouse - wondering if there are any updates on the next hearing date?

@Tabirey - do you have access to the Dare County court site? OuchMouse doesn't seem to be around. And going thru some of my older cases - and wondering what is going on with this one.

TIA!

On post #25 is a link to court hearings.

Can anyone reading here access it? I can not.

If you can!! Please copy what it has - maybe, hoping for a next hearing. Last one was on 8/29/22

This is in Dare County & I have no case #s.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back