NC - Officer, several others dead at Raleigh active shooting scene, 13 Oct 2022 *suspect is a minor*

PC going on now 10:45 pm.

Mayor of Raleigh speaking. Thanking officers and speaking about ending gun violence.

Gov. Cooper of NC speaking. Called shootings a "senseless act of violence". All state resources have been available to Raleigh. LE officers ran to the crisis to protect the city. Asking for prayers for the victims, their families, and communities.

Lt. Borneo of RPD: 9:37 pm suspect taken into custody, white male juvenile. Injured LEO has been released from hospital. Other injured victim in critical condition. Appreciate support of community. Reminder that this is an active investigation. Next update 8:30 am Friday morning. No updates on 5 fatalities. No active threat to the community currently. (My note: no info on health of suspect)

Last edited:
How did this young person gain access to a gun?
My thoughts are with everyone in the community.

It’s not uncommon for teens or even younger to learn about shooting or to be gifted rifles or small shotguns. I was ten when I started but it was well established that there was to be no nonsense or misuse with a firearm.

From what little information I have, I wonder if this was a domestic issue, or some other situation where the shooter and the victims, or at least most of them, knew each other. The TV footage I've seen all showed a residential area.

I listened to some of the radio scanner traffic today as events unfolded. Only seconds after I started listening, LE was yelling that an officer was down (in reference to the K9 officer who was shot in the leg). I think that was around 6 pm.

It was a chaotic and stressful situation for those officers, but LE did a great job managing everything. It wasn’t long before they had the gunman cornered. At one point they attempted to confirm his location with a drone, but it malfunctioned and went down. They did manage to remove his backpack AND apprehend him using some type of bomb robot, though! (LE thought he had — or he did have — some type of grenade in his possession.)

A woman who arrived in the neighborhood just moments before the initial shooting said she saw the shooter herself.
"He had to be between 13 and 16 max -- he was a child," she said.
WRAL News spoke to another witness who said he saw the shooter outside his back window just moments after he heard gunshots.
The man said he saw a woman running down the greenway trail in the same area just before he heard shots.

"I heard two gun shots," he said. "They were really loud so I knew something was close by. Then I heard three other gunshots. I saw him basically past by house in the backyard. He had a long-barrel shotgun, he was dressed in camouflage, and he had a full backpack on that was also camouflaged."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back