GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
on JVM

Sister Olivia Cox was asked if Kelli lived with her husband. OC said I can't answer that question. She said she found out her sister was missing when she got a call from Kelli's husband who said Fort Bragg officials called him and said she did not showup on Monday.

Kelli's mom said the guy who took her home was just a friend. The friend told mom that she got spooked and did not want to get out of the car but then she did. Mom says if someone spooked her why did she get out of the car then? Friend said that she told him "no, let me get out here.

Also mom said To JVM that she and her husband live together off base. They have been having marriage problems but that he deeply loves her and he is in a panic.

NO MENTION OF A CELL PHONE

I wonder if the "friend" is also the "bar employee" (re: the link I posted above)...

I further wonder if her phone has been found (re: per the texts that were in that same link I posted)

A U.S. Army official who spoke with CNN on the condition of anonymity says PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, was drinking at Froggy Bottoms and was given a ride home by a bar employee.

CNN reports that at some point Bordeaux sent two text messages -- one said, "Got home safely." The official told CNN that it was unknown who received the text message or the contents of the other text.

Detectives investigating the case say they have yet to find any records of those texts but are continuing to look for proof they were sent.

and another snip:

Kellie's mother, Joanna Hanson, says she doesn't get the story she's hearing from police.

"They told me they think that someone picked her up and took her to the bar and she had a good time at the bar and did karaoke and was acting silly and having fun. And then supposedly someone was going to give her a ride home from the bar. That's where the story doesn't quite add up," said Hanson.

Authorities told Hanson that Kellie was last seen leaving with someone.

"I don't think she got home from the bar and supposedly the person who dropped her off...uhmm...something supposedly spooked her in the car he told them one time. That she didn't want to get out of the car, yet she got out of the car and that's the part I don't understand. If something spooked her why would she get out of the car and, you know, go forward," said Hanson.

http://www2.nbc17.com/news/2012/apr...hing-missing-female-ft-bragg-sold-ar-2173710/

more at link (I agree that the whole thing is confusing)

Cox said Bordeaux had joined the military one year ago to make her family proud and make a better life for her family.

"My sister loved Fort Bragg," Cox said.

Cox, also of Florida, said Bordeaux is the youngest of three children. The family is making arrangements for their mother to come to Fayetteville. Cox said she is planning to remain in town until Bordeaux was safe.

Bordeaux has been married to Mike Bordeaux for two years, Cox said.

Cox would not confirm whether Mike Bordeaux was with his wife when she went missing.

Cox deflected questions about who Bordeaux had gone to the bar with, if she had been there before or whether she had driven herself.

"Kelli is not here and that's what matters," Cox said.

Cox said she last spoke with her sister via text messages Friday night and that all seemed well.

"We were laughing and joking," Cox said.
http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2012/04/17/1171816?sac=fo.local

I'm thinking whoever drove her home might be the person responsible. JMO

Always start with the last known person she was with. :sigh:

I think that the mother is right to question the story. Why would she get out of the car if something spooked her. It sounds like someone trying to get the investigators to look in another direction, likely because they are the ones responsible.

here we go:

Bordeaux's mother says her daughter lives off base with her husband, who was in Florida when she disappeared. Johnna Henson says authorities told her about something strange that may have happened when Bordeaux got home from the bar. "Supposedly when the guy that was giving her a ride home was taking her to her apartment, he got to her apartment and something spooked her. So she didn't want, or she said, 'No, no, no, just let me out here instead of taking her like, around the corner to her apartment or whatever. But I don't understand that," Henson said.

Military officials told NBC News that Bordeaux was estranged from her husband of nearly two years, Mike. When asked how he was doing, Bordeaux's sister, Olivia Cox said, "Mike is doing the best he can with his wife missing."

The military also says the bar employee who drove Bordeaux home from the bar is not considered a suspect.
http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/...agg_Soldier_Could_Be_In_Danger_147857115.html

Bordeaux, who grew up in Osceola County, joined the military in April 2011 looking to further her educational opportunities and become a combat medic, her mother said.

Boredeaux's two-year marriage to husband Mike was tested when she left for training for several months but Henson described them as best friends.

Mike Bourdeaux joined his wife in Fayetteville in early December to start a home off base, she said.

He was in Florida visiting his father when Bordeaux went missing, Henson said, and traveled back to North Carolina when he received the news.

"He is in a total panic," she said. "He wants to be there when she comes home. He's totally losing it."
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...-20120418_1_police-search-sister-fayetteville

did her apartment complex have cameras?
were there any signs she made it inside of the apartment?
if she did is there anything left there like a cell phone, keys, etc?
had anyone spooked her at the apartment since her husband left of his trip to visit his family in Florida? Why was she spooked?

Fayetteville police on Wednesday said that they would be searching an area near Froggy Bottoms bar, at 6326 Ramsey St., for more information to try and locate a Fort Bragg soldier who was last seen early Saturday leaving the bar.

Fayetteville police chief Tom Bergamine said the case is still a missing person investigation.

According to authorities, Bordeaux’s cellphone last pinged off a tower near Froggy Bottoms, prompting the decision to search the area Wednesday. Bergamine said officials weren’t searching for anything in particular, only clues that could help locate Bordeaux.

Fayetteville police said Bordeaux’s husband did not accompany her to the bar on Friday night, but would not say where Mike Bordeaux was. Bergamine said Bordeaux’s husband has been cooperative throughout the investigation.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10995337/

I hope we get more info today on Kelli. There are far too many young women missing and never found. I hope they clear up the info about who took her home and what she was "spooked" about.

So the husband was in Florida when she went missing?

Is he considered a suspect?

I am really confused so far:

we have reports that she texted she got home safely (of course a perp could have sent this) and that she was dropped off near her apartment by a friend/bar employee yet her last pings are near the bar.

and then we have the "spooked" part...

I am glad that they have conducted numerous interviews and have leads (per presser video in the link I posted above)

If she did make it home to her apartment, whoever was driving her home must have though this is the perfect time to take advantage of the situation.

I hope LE is searching the apartment for answers.

I'm confused too. If the husband was in Florida when she went missing, why are the LE saying they know where he was but are not releasing the info? Was he possibly home or am I missing something here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB