Found Deceased NC - Samuel "Sam" Haugh 21, Autism, moved to NC to be w/bf met online, bf dead by suicide & had violent past, car Hampton Inn, Salisbury, 28 Apr 2024

Has it been reported where Michael Olarte was found deceased? Was it in Charlotte? Salisbury? Trying to understand why Michael would have the car taken to the Hampton Inn in Salisbury.
Has it been reported where Michael Olarte was found deceased? Was it in Charlotte? Salisbury? Trying to understand why Michael would have the car taken to the Hampton Inn in Salisbury.
I am trying to understand that also. IMO, Salisbury may have been a diversion.

How very strange. Michaels obituary and Facebook make him sound like a devout Christian. Yet he was allegedly trafficking Sam, who was his boyfriend, and committed suicide? It’s not really adding up….

Michael Olarte FB

All JMO
Has the trafficking allegation been confirmed as fact by LE though?
<modsnip - generalization, opinion>

Last edited by a moderator:

There's cross-streets mentioned on social media for a location in Charlotte, NC which match with an address listed by the Charlotte Police Department for a 5/4 suicide incident report. However, the obituary and the news articles say he was found on 5/5, so I'm not sure that their information is accurate.

CMPD incident report data is here if someone else wants to try their luck finding it:

Highest NIBRS Code = 801 will filter to suicides, 800 will filter to Missing person

How very strange. Michaels obituary and Facebook make him sound like a devout Christian. Yet he was allegedly trafficking Sam, who was his boyfriend, and committed suicide? It’s not really adding up….

Michael Olarte FB

All JMO

His Nextdoor (matches full name, same profile photo as FB and mugshot) is here: Join Nextdoor, an app for neighborhoods where you can get local tips, buy and sell items, and more where he gives another location in Concord, NC asking for car repair on 3/29.

His mother posted asking for furniture for her son that just got an apartment with his girlfriend in mid-April - I'm not sure she was aware of his relationship with Sam.

Michael Olarte's Instagram account.....seems like all social media was wiped or newly created around October 2023.

And Twitter:

- lots of homophobic/anti-gay sentiment here.........and every conspiracy theory you can think of. IMO JMO - it almost seems like all of these social media accounts are staged to seem as extremist as possible. They seem intentionally curated over a short period of time.

There are other accounts tied to this username as well.

Per Michael's FB photos / posts - He was released from prison in October 2023 from the stabbing mentioned in the news articles earlier in this thread.
Thanks for this - that ties it together. So he got out of prison and made all new social accounts. There are even more vitriolic/inflammatory things he has shared on other sites that I don't think we can link here.

<modsnip - quote post was removed>

I have no reason to suspect that the cases are related. as the article states, Sam moved to Charlotte, NC to be with Michael Olarte. This is the article about Michael Olarte that was referenced in the previously linked article about Sam’s disappearance.

Man charged in Dallas stabbing

The other case mentioned seems to have a strong suspect. I dont think they are connected

<modsnip - quoted post was discussing moderation on teh thread>

ETA: I was confused by the Dallas vs. Gaston County arrest as well... I can't find a record of it in either court system strangely. I have to keep digging.

ETA 2: Looks like Gaston County actually isn't on the eCourts system yet, hence why I can't find it listed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys.. I really appreciate the interest in this. I'm a friend of Sam's family and I'm trying to help them them find him. I just found out about this site today and I just completed the insider verification process so that I can participate. I see that there's a lot of questions here and a lot of missing gaps..

I will try to fill these in as best as I can, and whatever I can't answer, I'll follow up with his mom. Thank you again so much for your interest in this case and for trying to help!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back