NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really wondering if it was actually AD who gave up the info on where Shaniya was.

McNeill was lawyered up, and stated by LE to be "extremely uncooperative". AD wasn't until Monday afternoon. It could be her that talked.

That could also be why, in addition to being a cold-hearted b*&^*, she was so blase in the courtroom an hour after they found Shaniya - she already knew Shaniya was dead and that they were going to find her. It wasn't news to her.

God, you watch HLN and one story after another is about child abuse and kidnapping.
*Shaniya's story
* Elizabeth Smart's abductor's wife was convicted
*Those filthy pigs in the MO. multiple child rape case

It's everywhere.

I hear you MDO I hear you.

I noted last night on NG that this state does have the death penalty (of which I am a supporter).

Here is how I interpreted the exchange on NG.

Both have been thus far charged with a felony. One has been charged with kidnapping (a felony) the other has been charged with felony child abuse.

Even if she did not directly murder Shaniya (AD); Shaniya's murder was a direct result of her actions in which she has already been charged with felony child abuse. That makes Shaniya's murder a felony murder. IMHO.

When (not if) but when, they add the charges of murder it is automatically upgraded and will give the SA the opportunity to seek the DP for the crimes of both parties.

Unfortunately, one of the offenders has an ace up her sleeve (AKA a bun in the oven) and I'm concerned that may keep her safe from the full brunt of what she deserves during her penalty phase.

I am not familiar with this state's statutes and penal code but it seems to me that the state is getting it ducks in a row in order to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. (DP is very possible) IMHO.

Hopefully it will not stop a jury from the death penalty, the child will be several years old and living with a decent faimly{ I Hope} By the time they stick the needle in her

OMG - I'm scared to read this. What does that mean? She was alive when she left the motel? That poor baby.

Salem
Yes I didn't want to Bold that part...makes me sick. They know much more by now than they are releasing.

AD in segregation because of pregnancy ? Yeah right, she is in segregation because those women would KILL HER. The state wants her to make it to trial at least. I don't much care if she makes it that long or not.

No murder charge yet in girl's death
Posted: Today at 5:34 a.m.
Updated: 13 minutes ago
<snipped>
A week after a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl disappeared and a day after her body was found near Sanford, police are still trying to sort out the evidence in the case to determine who to charge in her death.

Lee County authorities have referred all questions to the Fayetteville Police Department. The department has a news briefing scheduled for 10 a.m. Wednesday, but it's unclear whether new charges will be announced then.

AUDIO: &#8226;911 call in Shaniya Davis disappearance
http://www.wral.com/news/local/audio/6439590/

Video: Shaniya's father talks to crowd at vigil 3:41
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6434737/

Video: Fayetteville mother's arrest sheds light on human trafficking problem 1:54
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6435027/

Article:
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6435879/

:angel:

HIV is transmitted from mother to baby, but if her partner has it the mother may as well. Does anyone know if she has been tested ?

Antiviral drugs started early enough in the pregnancy CAN prevent the virus from crossing over to the fetus. No link, just remember this from an information meeting about a mission trip to Africa.

Please continue here and I will ask a mod to close this thread. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4446821#post4446821"]Found Deceased NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #12 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Salem

The Tears of a Clown:
Now if there's a smile on my face
it's only there trying to fool the public
but when it comes down to fooling you
now honey that's quite a diff'rent subject.

Don't let my glad expression
give you the wrong impression
really I'm sad
oh sadder than sad;
you're gone and I'm hurting so bad
like a clown I pretend to be glad.

Now there's some sad things known to man
but ain't too much sadder than the tears of a clown.
when there's no one around.
just like pagliaccic did
I try to keep my sadness hid;
Smiling in the public eye
but in my lonely room
I cry the tears of a clown

Oh yeah baby
now if there's a smile upon my face
don't let my glad expression
give you the wrong impression

don't let the smile I wear
make you think I don't care.
Now if I appear to be carefree
it's only to camouflage my sadness

in order to shield my pride I try
to cover this hurt with a show of gladness
but don't let my show convince you
that I've been happy since you decided to go.

Oh I need you so.
I'm hurt and I want you to know
but for others
I put on a show.

Now there's some..
.Now there's some sad things known to man
but ain't too much sadder than
the tears of a clown

Written by [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevie_Wonder"]Stevie Wonder[/ame], [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Cosby"]Hank Cosby[/ame], and William "Smokey" Robinson
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tears_of_a_Clown[/ame], 1967.

HLN just announced that body has been identified as Shanyia

Well I'm sure they had to wait until they had a positive ID on her in order to file murder charges. So now we can expect to see that happen any time. But will it be MAM, or he and AD, or could there still be someone else that the police have not let slip yet? If that information about where her body was came from MAM then probably not....but we don't know WHO it actually came from. Was the 60 y/o man a red herring or does he exist?

I just can't get past the fact that MAM took her to a motel at all. This is what boggles my mind, unless there was another party involved. And I don't believe he checked in to the motel. It seems to me if he had checked IN, they would be saying he checked IN at so and so time and they'd have pictures at the front desk, etc. Intead, all they have is video of him carrying her in and out, and the information that they were "spotted" there. So to me that indicates he came into the motel and headed straight for the elevator to a room that was already waiting. So SOMEONE else is involved...who rented that room?

And I've said this before but again, if it were just MAM she was 'sold' to and didn't go any farther up than him, why on EARTH bother with a MOTEL, which costs money and also carries the risk of being discovered. If it was a matter of just him 'buying' her for his OWN use (sheesh....puking to even write that) surely he'd have gone somewhere like out in the woods or to an abandoned building or something and been done w/ it.

Truly, everything smells like there really IS at least one other person involved with this.

I have been following this thread but have yet to comment. Up until now, I have been struck dumb by the sickness and horror surrounding this little girl's death. Years ago, I would have been against the death penalty for such a horrific crime, but now I am of the opinion that "Momster" and McNeill should be executed once they are convicted. Sometimes I really feel that we as humans have lost our ability to protect ourselves and our young from predators, whether they be wolves, bears, coyotes, or members of our own species. In times past, those who did such unspeakable acts would have been killed to keep the rest of the people safe from them. Now, we try to heal, help and rehabilitate such monsters. When I read about what happened to this baby and others like her at the hands of such people, I now believe that the guilty ones should be killed ASAP -- it will send out a strong message to others like them and will keep the rest of our species safe. Just my opinion.

Antiviral drugs started early enough in the pregnancy CAN prevent the virus from crossing over to the fetus. No link, just remember this from an information meeting about a mission trip to Africa.
Yes that is what I hear too. It used to be that if the mom was HIV positive the baby had a 50% of being born with it too...I imagine taking the antivirals cuts down on that risk. I would think that the jail there in Cumberland Co. has tested her already.

How many children does dad have? Why doesn't the daughter on NG live with him? Who and where is the mom? She said her brother called her at school to tell her about Shaniya missing. Does the brother have the same dad?

Who was Shaniyas' legal guardian? School had the aunt listed.
BBM
He had four by the wife that was murdered, all share his last name except one, a son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown