NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
1)
sniped

IMOO Dad had no idea of the sort of lifestyle mom was living, his only error was probably taking mom at her word. if he lived 3 states away and had only whatever conversations he had with momster to go on, what normal person suspects this kind of depravity can exist in a biological mother???

A biological mother that took FIVE years to allegedly "get herself together"? Really? Seriously? Any biological mother that chose whatever over raising her own infant daughter...needs to be LOOKED at closely.

I didn't trust DHS when trying to adopt my foster son and protect him from being returned to his biological mother. I hired a private detective and a lawyer. I can promise you...I wasn't driving a "beemer" ( BMW)

three states away? All the more reason for dad to check her out. Go there, have a background check done etc..

You're most welcome. Here's another interesting tidbit discovered by member Everyoneneedsavoice the other night. (I don't remember the thread number, but it was posted rather late Saturday night.) Voting registration records (thru the DMV, I'm pretty sure) show that in April 2008, MAM, AA (MAM's current gf who attended his arraignment), and BD resided at the same address.

Thanks Bessie...i was looking for this info to answer Kimberly's post and couldn't remember myself when/where i posted it.

Kimberly...i can't figure out how to link, but it's in thread#6 and is post #320.

I thought the father lived in Fayetteville but traveled frequently due to his job...? Does he really live in another state ?

I thought the father lived in Fayetteville but traveled frequently due to his job...? Does he really live in another state ?

No, he works out of state for extended periods...

No excuse for the dad's not checking her out.

I think BL loved Shaniya in his own way & feels horribly guilty but unfortunately it is way too late now for him to prevent/stop the pain & suffering she endured for how long? before she was murdered..It was so obvious Shaniya was in danger..Why & how did he fail to see it when so many others did?..It had to be from turning a blind eye..That is inexcusable to many of us..BL blew it & even he knows it.

It might have been turning a blind eye. It might also have been wanting to believe Shaniya's mother really had made a turn for the better. Some might say it was only 2 1/2 months. You wouldn't believe how quickly a person wanting to better themselves can. I don't know though.. my head is torn here. Is it possible Brad himself had once been down that road? Made life better for himself? Who knows.. I'm sure as the days go by we will find out more and more about the true underlying issues of all the family members of Shaniya.

I can see and understand both sides of this issue. What I'd like to know is why his other children are in the custody of his ex-in-laws. Unfortunately, none of it will bring Shaniya back. All we can hope is that we all take something from this and learn not to make those same mistakes.

If Davis and McNeill sold her to someone who murdered her, they would also be charged with murder, right?

Yes, but in most states if not all, only the person who actually killed her would be eligible for the death penalty. Should get them to a LWOP sentence.

Cumberland County Schools officials said Shaniya was a kindergarten student at Morganton Road Elementary School until mid-October, when she was taken out of the school and wasn't enrolled elsewhere.

"We have no knowledge of what the reason was for her being withdrawn from school," Morganton Road Principal Charlotte McLaurin said.

Lockhart said he allowed Shaniya to move in with her mother on Oct. 9.

http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/story/6435879/

It might have been turning a blind eye. It might also have been wanting to believe Shaniya's mother really had made a turn for the better. Some might say it was only 2 1/2 months. You wouldn't believe how quickly a person wanting to better themselves can. I don't know though.. my head is torn here. Is it possible Brad himself had once been down that road? Made life better for himself? Who knows.. I'm sure as the days go by we will find out more and more about the true underlying issues of all the family members of Shaniya.

I can see and understand both sides of this issue. What I'd like to know is why his other children are in the custody of his ex-in-laws. Unfortunately, none of it will bring Shaniya back. All we can hope is that we all take something from this and learn not to make those same mistakes.

A parent needs to know and put some effort into looking into the people they entrust their children to.

Giving birth doesn't make anyone a "mom." This child's mom was her Aunt. imo

Tim Allen has been caring for Lockhart's 17-year-old daughter, Cheyenne. He said Tuesday evening that he told Lockhart not to send Shaniya to live with her mother.

"I feel he is 99 percent the reason why this happened in the first place,” Allen said of Shaniya’s death.

Allen said after Shaniya went to her mother’s house, he noticed marks on her arms.

"Boyfriends and his friends would put the cigarettes out on the baby's arms,
” he said.

Thanks Bessie...i was looking for this info to answer Kimberly's post and couldn't remember myself when/where i posted it.

Kimberly...i can't figure out how to link, but it's in thread#6 and is post #320.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4435755&postcount=320"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #6[/ame]

A parent needs to know and put some effort into looking into the people they entrust their children to.

Giving birth doesn't make anyone a "mom." This child's mom was her Aunt. imo

When did I say giving birth makes someone a Mom? I'm coming at this from an angle of really trying to delve into what Brad was thinking at the time he permitted Shaniya's visitation.

ETA: Something tells me if we could find out the details of his other children now living with this deceased wife's parents, we might get more answers on what he was thinking.

1) at the time the household was raided for drugs (it was NOT the trailer they currently reside in - it was a previous residence) Shaniya was not present. She was sent there on a VISIT. Custody was not turned over to mom, dad did not agree to let her reside there it was a VISIT. So authorities may not even have known of Shaniya's existence as a minor child of momster at the time of the drug raid, why would they? DCF would have no reason to check on the welfare of little Shaniya as she did not live there.

2) The custody arrangement was apparently NOT one worked out by the court but was more likely a matter of SUPERMOM handing over her infant because she had no use for her and bio dad taking her and raising her with occassional visits to momster a/k/a supermom. Because the custody arrangement was outside of the system the system would then have no reason to notify bio dad of momster's behavior, the drug raid, the concerns for children in the household etc.

IMOO Dad had no idea of the sort of lifestyle mom was living, his only error was probably taking mom at her word. if he lived 3 states away and had only whatever conversations he had with momster to go on, what normal person suspects this kind of depravity can exist in a biological mother???

Hi tlcox:) I know, it was the residence on Wall Street that was raided. I know it started out as a visit, but something happened as Antoinette wanted to keep her longer. Father allowed that thinking all was well b/c Antoinette wanted to try to be a mother. I surmise she used the excuse that Aunt Carey disciplined Shaniya for fighting with her cousins to keep her for prostitution. Since no custody arrangement went through the courts, Aunt Carey had no rights to just go over there and grab Shaniya to take her back home. Father Brad knew Antoinette's history, at least he speculated about it...in his own words. Brads very own sister said they had disagreements with the way Antoinette lived & took care of her children, so Brad was aware no matter how much I want to believe otherwise. I feel terrible for him. In no way do I think he would have let Shaniya visit if he could have predicted this. Shaniya was taken out of enrollment at Morganton Road Elementary School until mid-October. At some point, even if Antoinette did this herself informing that school that she has the birth certificate of Shaniya & she can enroll her whereever she wants, Brad had to know. Even if Aunt Carey was the emergency contact person, the school would have notified her if they couldn't get in touch with Brad and she'd have relayed that message. So, bottom line is Bradley had to know at the very minimum that Shaniya was taken out of school. Kindergarten isn't mandatory in most states, but once enrolled, your actions need to be accounted for as you become part of the education system - which is backed by the state's government. See what I'm saying? How could Brad not question this? When this happened, the ball should have started rolling with legal action to seek custody - but NONE of us have found any kind of court document to suggest that to be the case. Hence, Brad sat on it and shouldn't have. Mistake or not, it was fatal for Shaniya, and that's unacceptable. I in no way am bashing this man. I feel complete sympathy for all those that loved little Shaniya.

Something to think about: My husband's exwife's husband was in a car accident coming back from a Flyers game 4 years ago. Her husband & his bro in law were drinking at the game. Her husband drank the least so he drove. He was .3 over the limit, which at the time was 1.0. The accident was fatal. The BIL died. Husband takes care of neices & nephews and now they live next door to each other so that he may help in the burden of raising the children. He is now born-again and a true Christian. I adore him. Well, he served 3 years in jail for his mistake. He shouldn't have been drinking and driving no matter how much of an accident it was.

My 2 oldest boys are from a different man than whom I'm married to now. If I ever once even suspected, or in Brad's word "speculated", drugs were involved in his life - my children wouldn't have any kind of unsupervised visitation without a proven investigation and having it heard in court. I'd personally err on the side of caution b/c I personally believe the welfare of the child needs to come first. My ex and I have never once gone to court and I can honestly say he's one of my best friends. We all raise our children together & I sure wish everybody could be like that...but that's not reality for most people. Maybe Brad was a good father, I don't think he was bad at all. I find it odd he didn't raise his children himself, if what all these people coming out of the woodwork are saying is true. That doesn't mean he's bad, it may in fact mean he's good enough to know he couldn't give his children the kind of life these other people would give them so he did the best thing for his children. Afterall, it seems his business has him away from home for long stretches of time. No matter how I look at this, there's no good reason that Shaniya was allowed visitation in her mother's home without an investigation.

Bounced between homes

Shaniya has bounced between homes since birth, shared between a mother and a father who conceived her during a chance encounter one night. Carey Lockhart had been the girl's primary guardian because her father, Bradley Lockhart, worked long stretches as a building contractor at out-of-state jobs.

"There was no denying that she was his," Carey Lockhart said of the resemblance between Shaniya and her father.

Lockhart described Shaniya as a joyful girl who loved to dress up in pretty clothes and make her cousins laugh. She was a kindergartner at Morganton Road Elementary School in Fayetteville.

Though Bradley Lockhart and Antoinette Davis never married, they shared responsibility for Shaniya from the start. Davis' interaction with her daughter was typically limited to occasional weekend visits, Lockhart said. Their custody arrangement was never formalized by the courts.

Last Tuesday, Lockhart rang his sister with bizarre news. A neighbor called him to say that police were looking for Shaniya.

As they were talking on the phone, police knocked on Carey Lockhart's door. They had found her name listed as a guardian at Shaniya's elementary school.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/local/story/1060102.html

So Aunt Carey was Shaniya's legal guardian, but that was trumped by egg donor's legal custody. Right?

Tim Allen has been caring for Lockhart's 17-year-old daughter, Cheyenne. He said Tuesday evening that he told Lockhart not to send Shaniya to live with her mother.

"I feel he is 99 percent the reason why this happened in the first place,” Allen said of Shaniya’s death.

Allen said after Shaniya went to her mother’s house, he noticed marks on her arms.

"Boyfriends and his friends would put the cigarettes out on the baby's arms,
” he said.

I wonder if anyone goes after the father for child endangerment

"Boyfriends and his friends would put the cigarettes out on the baby's arms,” he said.

So Allen feels he has no blame. He should have reported this to DSS himself. Aren't we all responsible for reporting suspected abuse?

I have a question - not sure if it is off topic or more properly ON topic.

If momster handed Shaniya over to McNeill then how can they charge him with kidnapping? How do you kidnap child that was willingly handed to you by the bio mother? Not that I think this scum should by any means get off for whatever part he played in WHATEVER wrongs were done Shaniya, but is that really the right charge for this situation? Can't they come up with better, more suitable charges like oh, I dunno, murder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500