NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just showing my love again...I say a prayer every night for this blessed child...we love you little girl and will never forget you. I only wish I could say more on this forum each time I visit, like commenting on a recent update, but unfortunately it looks like we'll just have to continue to wait for progress. I'm still all for waiting until Shaniya gets her justice.

Shaniya, had to come bump you up but it seems like no one has forgotten you here. You should be starting 1st Grade right about now with that beautiful, shy smile on your face.
Instead we're waiting for news of your murderers trial. :(

You're always in my heart, sweet child. Hope all memories of evil have been washed away and you are looking down upon us seeing only the good in this world.

No one did forget her here.
I test the waters in the real world and when I bring up the shaniya case People ALWAYS say who??? ALWAYS. :(
So while "here" we have a minuscule population, and while I am in NYC not in NC I would have to believe that nyc is representative of the country at large. YES we all pray for Shaniya....We here all want justice for Shaniya.
But....NC did succeed very well in keeping the case under the radar, to control Public opinion at large.
I am WALKING in October to STOP TRAFICKING CHILDREN. And I still considering a poster to carry.

Good morning angel baby. I still think of you daily. The wheels of justice move so slowly but I will continue to watch and wait. I can and will practice patience. Their day will come sweet girl, this I know.

I think if you ask people about Shaniya they won't know anything about her or what happened to her, but if you ask people if they remember the little girl being carried onto the elevator they will certainly remember who she is. I just asked my family. They said who? Then they said, oh yeah. They just know her name.

I think if you ask people about Shaniya they won't know anything about her or what happened to her, but if you ask people if they remember the little girl being carried onto the elevator they will certainly remember who she is. I just asked my family. They said who? Then they said, oh yeah. They just know her name.

Just so happens that I have 3 friends in NC (one single male, a couple, and a family) (2 out of the 3 happen to be people of color).
I asked them as well if they ever hear much about Shaniyas' case in NC. and they too said who? I then told them who and 2 still said Oh ya I remember something VERY vaguely. the third one heard nothing about the case. (he happens to be n editor who is well read)
YES WE HERE KNOW FOR SURE. We here are a tiny population.

News stories on WRAL.COM ...

Father crusades against child sex crimes in daughter's memory
The father of a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl who was killed last fall said Friday that his daughter's memory has inspired him to campaign against violence against children.

Warrants: Explicit photos found on murder suspect's phone
Sexually explicit photos of a young girl were found on a cell phone belonging to a man charged with kidnapping, raping and killing a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl in November, according to search warrants.

Autopsy: Slain girl was sexually assaulted
Shaniya Nicole Davis was reported missing from her home on Nov. 10. Her body was found in a patch of kudzu off a rural road near the Lee-Harnett County line six days later.

Lawyer for man charged in Fayetteville girl's death quits
The man charged with killing 5-year-old Shaniya Nicole Davis will get a new lawyer to represent him.

SBI to probe possible DSS cover-up in girl's death
Fayetteville police and the Cumberland County District Attorney's Office have asked for a state investigation into whether DSS turned over all information related to the death of Shaniya Davis.

Touched by girl's death, Shaq offers to pay for funeral
Basketball star Shaquille O'Neal offered to pay for the funeral of Shaniya Davis after seeing news of the 5-year-old's kidnapping and slaying, funeral director Corey R. Breece Sr., of Rogers and Breece Funeral Home, said.

Girl's death could impact state programs to protect children
The death of a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl is already resonating through hallways of the Legislative Building, where lawmakers say state programs designed to protect children need more support.

Slain girl's mother moved to women's prison in Raleigh
The mother of a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl found dead last week was transferred Tuesday from the Cumberland County Detention Center to the North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women, authorities said.

State to review DSS' contact with slain girl's family
A state team of experts will examine any contact the Cumberland County Department of Social Services had with the family of a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl who was killed and whose mother has been accused of prostituting her.

Funeral held for slain Fayetteville girl
A community and family are mourning at a funeral service for Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5, Sunday afternoon at Manna Church in Fayetteville.

Warrants: Girl abducted, raped, killed on same day
Shaniya Nicole Davis was raped and killed the same day she was taken from her Fayetteville home, according to arrest warrants released Friday.

Man charged with death of Fayetteville child
Three days after finding the body of 5-year-old Shaniya Nicole Davis in rural Lee County, Fayetteville police charged a family acquaintance Thursday in her death. Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, was charged with first-degree murder and first-degree rape of a child.

Jurisdiction question delays charges in girl's death
Fayetteville Police Chief Tom Bergamine said Wednesday that no new charges will be filed in the death of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis until authorities figure out where she was killed.

No murder charge yet in girl's death
A week after a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl disappeared and a day after her body was found near Sanford, police are still trying to sort out the evidence in the case to determine who to charge in her death.

Fayetteville mother's arrest sheds light on human trafficking problem
According to Fayetteville police, Antoinette Nicole Davis, 25, offered daughter Shaniya for prostitution. The 5-year-old's body was found Monday afternoon southeast of Sanford, ending a weeklong search, police said.

Police find body of missing 5-year-old
The body of missing 5-year-old Shaniya Nicole Davis was recovered Monday afternoon, Fayetteville Police Chief Tom Bergamine said.

Search for missing girl focuses on Lee County
Authorities have suspended their search for a 5-year-old girl reported missing by her mother, who is charged with human trafficking and child abuse involving prostitution.

Mother of missing Fayetteville girl arrested
The mother of missing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis let her daughter "be held in sexual servitude," according to arrest documents cited by the Fayetteville Observer. Shaniya's father laments letting her mother have a chance to raise their daughter.

New suspect arrested in Fayetteville girl's disappearance
A second man has been charged in the disappearance of a 5-year-old girl, police said Friday, but the girl is still missing. Police also dropped charges against another man in the case.

Police: Missing Fayetteville girl seen with man in Sanford
Police said Shaniya Nicole Davis was seen at a Sanford hotel on Tuesday morning with 29-year-old Mario Andrette McNeill.

Suspect in girl's disappearance seen driving off with her
Police arrested Clarence Darriel Coe late Wednesday and charged him with first-degree kidnapping in the disappearance of 5-year-old Shaniya Nicole Davis, who is still missing, police said.

Blanket believed to be missing girl's found in trash can
Heavy rains are hindering the search for a 5-year-old girl who disappeared from her Fayetteville home early Tuesday.

Police: Foul play suspected in Fayetteville girl's disappearance
Cumberland County authorities say foul play is suspected in the disappearance of Shaniya Nicole Davis. The 5-year-old girl went missing from her home Tuesday morning.

Videos on WRAL.COM....

Was information withheld in Shaniya Davis case?
Authorities have asked for a state investigation to ensure the Cumberland County DSS has turned over all information it has related to the death of a 5-year-old girl who was kidnapped last month.

Web only: Fayetteville police chief reflects on month
Fayetteville police continue to follow up on leads in the death of 5-year-old Shaniya Nicole Davis, Chief Tom Bergamine said Wednesday.

DSS not releasing info in Shaniya Davis case
A state child fatality review team will look into any contact the Cumberland County DSS had with the family of Shaniya Davis before the 5-year-old was kidnapped and killed.

Web only: Funeral for Shaniya Davis
A funeral for 5-year-old Shaniya Nicole Davis was held Sunday, Nov. 22, 2009, at the Manna Church, 5117 Cliffdale Road in Fayetteville. Police say the girl was raped and killed after she was taken from her home early Nov. 10.

Slain girl's grandmother: 'He's a maggot'
The grandmother of Shaniya Davis said she doesn't know how the man accused of kidnapping, raping and killing the 5-year-old got hold of the girl.

Web only: Suspect in girl's murder in court
Mario Andrette McNeill makes his first court appearance on charges he raped and killed 5-year-old Shaniya Davis.

Man charged in Fayetteville child's death
Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, was charged with first-degree murder and first-degree rape.

Fayetteville police file new murder charge in child's death
Fayetteville police announce that they have filed murder and child rape charges in the death of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis.

Prayer service held for slain girl
Fayetteville Police Chief Tom Bergamine said Wednesday that no new charges will be filed in the death of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis until authorities figure out where she was killed.

Suspect went from gifted student to life of crime
Mario McNeill, who is charged with kidnapping in the disappearance of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis, was a gifted student in school who later was convicted on a variety of charges.

DAs discuss jurisdiction of murder case
Prosecutors in Lee and Cumberland counties met to determine how to handle murder charges in the death of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis since it's unclear where she was killed.

Lockhart's friend says he expressed concerns over Shaniya
A week after a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl disappeared and a day after her body was found near Sanford, police are still trying to sort out the evidence in the case to determine who to charge in her death.

Police: No new charges in girl's slaying
Fayetteville police said no more charges will be filed in the slaying of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis until authorities can figure out where she was killed.

911 call in girl's disappearance released
Antoinette Davis, who has been charged in the disappearance of her 5-year-old daughter, tells a 911 dispatcher that the girl knows how to unlock the front door.

Questions arise over custody of slain girl
After a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl turned up dead, people have questioned whether her mother or father should have had custody of her.

Slain girl's father: Don't let it happen again
Bradley Lockhart, the father of a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl whose body was found Monday, urged people to help any child they think is in trouble.

Fayetteville mother's arrest sheds light on human trafficking problem
According to Fayetteville police, Antoinette Nicole Davis, 25, offered daughter Shaniya for prostitution. The 5-year-old's body was found dead early Monday afternoon southeast of Sanford, ending a weeklong search, police said.

Shaniya's father talks to crowd at vigil
An estimated 500 people gathered on Murchison Road in Fayetteville on Nov. 16, 2009, to remember 5-year-old Shaniya Davis, whose body was believed to have been found earlier in the day. She had been missing for almost a week.

Body believed to be missing girl
Volunteers searching for a missing Fayetteville girl located a body in a wooded area near the Lee-Harnett county line.

Neighbors: Girl was full of life
Neighbors of the father of a missing Fayetteville girl said she was playful and very polite.

Police still awaiting identification of girl's death
Fayetteville police say they're awaiting for a body to be exhumed from a wooded area near the Lee-Harnett county line before determining if it is a 5-year-old girl missing since last week.

Web only: Mother of missing girl appears in court
Antoinette Davis makes her initial appearance in court on charges she sold her 5-year-old daughter as a sex slave and lied to police.

Web only: Aunt says niece not involved in girl's disappearance
Yvonne Mitchell, the aunt of a woman accused of prostituting her 5-year-old daughter, says her niece wasn't involved in the girl's disappearance.

Police find missing girl's body
Fayetteville police report that a child's body was found in some woods in Lee County, and they think it is Shaniya Davis, a 5-year-old girl missing since last week.

Sky 5: Volunteers search for missing girl
Search teams combed an area along N.C. 87 near the Lee-Harnett county line Monday morning after Fayetteville police received a tip that the body of a missing 5-year-old girl was dumped there.

Authorities suspend search for missing Fayetteville girl
Authorities have suspended their search for a 5-year-old girl reported missing by her mother, who is charged with human trafficking and child abuse involving prostitution.

Sky 5 video of missing Fayetteville girl search
Investigators followed up on leads Sunday, and officers conducted a ground search between Fayetteville and Sanford for Shaniya Nicole Davis, who hasn't been seen since Tuesday.

Missing girl's mother arrested
The mother of a 5-year-old girl, who has been missing since Tuesday, was charged late Saturday in connection with her disappearance, Fayetteville police said.

Web only: Fayetteville police news conference on mother's arrest
The mother of a 5-year-old girl, who has been missing since Tuesday, was charged late Saturday, Nov. 14, 2009, in connection with her disappearance, Fayetteville Police Sgt. John Somerindyke said.

Coe plans legal action against police
Clarence Darriel Coe was arrested late Wednesday and charged with first-degree kidnapping in the disappearance of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis. Charges were later dropped.

Despite arrests, Fayetteville girl still missing
Two men have been arrested – one was later released – but a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl who disappeared Tuesday morning is still missing.

New suspect pleads not guilty to taking girl
Mario Andrette McNeill makes his first court appearance on Nov. 13, 2009, on a kidnapping charge in the disappearance of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis.

Police report second arrest in girl's disappearance
Fayetteville police said they have arrested a second man in the case of a missing 5-year-old girl and have dropped all charges against another man in the case.

Police: Missing child seen at Sanford hotel
Police said Shaniya Nicole Davis was seen at a Sanford hotel on Tuesday morning with 29-year-old Mario Andrette McNeill.

Fayetteville police provide update on missing child
Fayetteville police provide an update on the Amber Alert issued for Shaniya Nicole Davis.

Kidnapping suspect makes first court appearance
Clarence Darriel Coe makes his initial court appearance on a kidnapping charge in the disappearance of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis.

Arrest made in Fayetteville girl's disappearance
A man who a witness says drove off with a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl who has been missing since early Tuesday pleaded not guilty to kidnapping her.

Garbage can yields clue in girl's disappearance
WRAL News has confirmed that a blanket belonging to Shaniya Davis was found in a neighbor's trash can. The 5-year-old girl has been missing from her Fayetteville home since early Tuesday.

Police search for missing Fayetteville child
Cumberland County authorities are searching for Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5, who went missing from her home, 1116-A Sleepy Hollow Drive in Fayetteville, Tuesday morning.

Sky 5: Police search for missing Fayetteville child
Police search for missing Fayetteville child.

Documents on WRAL.COM...

Search of seized electronic equipment
Fayetteville police search digital cameras, a cell phone and a computer seized in the Shaniya Davis case.

Request for Mario McNeill DNA
Fayetteville police seek a blood sample and cheek swab from Mario McNeill to obtain DNA in the Shaniya Davis case.

Search of HP Mini 1000 computer
Fayetteville police search a computer seized in the Shaniya Davis case.

Search of Virgin Mobile cell phone
Fayetteville police search Mario McNeill's cell phone in the Shaniya Davis case after finding explicit pictures of a young girl on it.

Search of Garmin Nuvi GPS
Fayetteville police search Mario McNeill's GPS in the Shaniya Davis case.

Search of Page Plus Cell Phone
Fayetteville police search a cell phone recovered in the Shaniya Davis case.

Search of 922 Washington Drive
Fayetteville police search the house where Mario McNeill was staying in the Shaniya Davis case.

Search of 1998 Buick
Fayetteville police search Clarence Coe's car in the Shaniya Davis case.

Nov. 11 search of 1116-A Sleepy Hollow Drive
Fayetteville police search the home of Shaniya Davis for a second time after her disappearance.

Nov. 10 search of 1116-A Sleepy Hollow Drive
Fayetteville police search the home of Shaniya Davis after her disappearance.

Cumberland County DA requests SBI investigation
DA Ed Grannis and Police Chief Tom Bergamine want the SBI to look into whether DSS turned over all records related to the death of Shaniya Davis.

Mario Andrette McNeill arrest warrants (Nov. 19, 2009)
Mario McNeill is charged with raping and killing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis.

Antoinette Nicole Davis arrest warrants (Nov. 14, 2009)
Antoinette Davis was charged with human trafficking, felony child abuse–prostitution, filing a false police report and obstruction of police in the disappearance of her daughter, Shaniya Davis.

Search warrant for Mario McNeill's car (Nov. 13, 2009)
Search of Mario McNeill's 1997 Mitsubishi Galant for evidence in Shaniya Davis' disappearance.

Mario Andrette McNeill arrest warrant (Nov. 13, 2009)
Mario McNeill was charged with first-degree kidnapping in the disappearance of Shaniya Davis.

CBS.COM

41 search results for "shaniya"
Sort By: Relevance Date 1 2 3 4 5 next 9:00 AM EST 11/23/2009

Shaniya Davis' Final Farewell
Thousands of mourners attended 5-year-old Shaniya Davis' funeral. Davis was killed and her body dumped. Mark Strassmann reports.

Watch video 8:42 AM EST 11/23/2009

Aunt on Remembering Shaniya
Carey Lockhart-Davis, aunt of slain 5-year-old Shaniya, spoke to Maggie Rodriguez about the funeral, the investigation and the state of her family.

Watch video 7:51 AM EST 11/17/2009

Shaniya Davis' Body Found
N.C. 5-year-old Shaniya Davis' body was found in the woods off of a rural road. Her mother is suspected of allegedly selling her daughter into child prostitution.

Watch video 11:25 AM EST 11/17/2009

Candlelight Vigil for Shaniya Davis
People gathered for a candlelight vigil Monday night to honor the memory of missing Shaniya Davis. Among those, the girl's father, gave an emotional tribute. Affiliate WRAL from Fayetteville, N.C. reports.

Watch video 5:35 PM EST 11/17/2009

Vigils For Shaniya Davis
Candlelight Vigils Honor the Memory of 5-Year-Old North Carolina Girl
11:30 AM EST 11/26/2009

Shaq Pays For Shaniya Davis' Funeral
Basketball Star Touched by Case of 5-Year-Old who Was Kidnapped and Murdered in North Carolina

Read full story 10:27 PM EST 11/19/2009

Man Charged with Murder of Shaniya Davis
Police Say Man Accused of Kidnapping 5-Year-Old Also Raped and Asphyxiated Her

Read full story 1:00 PM EST 11/17/2009

Will Shaniya's Mom Face Murder Charge?
Former Prosecutor Shares Her Opinion on What's Next for Antoinette Davis, Accused of Selling Daughter into Sex Trade

Read full story 8:47 AM EST 11/17/2009

Shaniya Davis: "Angel" Found Dead
Search For Missing 5-Year-Old Ends in Tragedy; Police Say Mother Sold Girl as Sex Slave
8:42 AM EST 11/18/2009

Shaniya 9-1-1 Call Released
With charges still pending for the murder of five-year-old Shaniya Davis, Mark Strassmann reports on the newly released 9-1-1 call made by her biological mother.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/1770-5_162-0.html?query=shaniya&tag=srch&searchtype=cbsSearch#ixzz0xphMNk35

1:18 PM EST 11/18/2009

Shaniya Davis, Fallen "Angel" Remembered In Pictures
Body of Missing N.C. Girl Found; Mother and Man Face Charges

1:00 PM EST 11/23/2009

Shaniya Davis' Aunt Lashes Out at System
Carey Lockhart-Davis Says It's "Disgusting" That 5-Year-Old's Alleged Killer Gets Cared for By State

Read full story
10:50 AM EST 11/23/2009

The Shaniya Davis Story: Timeline of "Angel's" Last Days on Earth
A Look Back At The Horrifying Death of A Little Girl

1:15 PM EST 11/18/2009

Police: No New Charges for Shaniya Davis' Death ...For Now
Police Won't File More Charges Until Jurisdiction is Determined

1:15 PM EST 11/18/2009

Shaniya Davis' Little Body Found Near Deer Carcasses in Trash
Police Say Davis Was Sold as Sex Slave by Mother; Two in Custody

2:00 PM EST 11/19/2009

Somer's Mom: I'd Love to Aid Shaniya's Dad
Mother of Fla. 7-Year-Old Slain Month Ago Says She'd Gladly Help Father of N.C. 5-Year-Old Killed Last Week

Read full story
12:43 PM EST 11/17/2009

Bradley Lockhart, Shaniya Davis' Father, Pleaded For Girl's Return in Vain
Mother Antoinette Nicole Davis and Mario Andrette McNeill Charged

12:21 PM EST 11/17/2009

5-Year-Old Shaniya Davis Missing; Foul Play Suspected
Amber Alert Issued for Girl Who Vanished Early Tuesday Morning

6:46 AM EST 12/1/2009

Shaquille O'Neal So Moved by Shaniya Davis Murder, He Paid for 5-Year-Old's Funeral
Shaniya's Mother Antoinette Davis Charged with Selling Girl as Sex Slave; Mario McNeill Charged with Rape, Kidnap, Murder

7:26 PM EST 11/25/2009

Shaniya Davis Dad Defends Giving Girl to Mom Now Charged with Selling Her as Sex Slave
Bradley Lockhart Gave Daughter to Antoinette Davis Just One Month Before Girl Was Kidnapped, Raped, Killed

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/1770-5_162-0...cbsSearch&rpp=10&tag=mncol;page#ixzz0xphVYQLX

6:48 PM EST 11/23/2009

Shaniya Davis Funeral Video: Father Bradley Lockhart Said God "Did This for a Reason"
Murdered 5-Year-Old Girl's Funeral Turns into Call for Action

4:46 PM EST 11/18/2009

Shaniya Davis Autopsy Under Way, Police Hope to Learn How 5-Year-Old Died
Police Believe Girl Was Sold as Sex Slave Before Death; Two in Custody Including Girl's Mother

1:17 PM EST 11/18/2009

Shaniya Davis Vigil: Tearful Father Bradley Lockhart Prays, "She's Right There With You"
Lockhart Filled with Regret as Mother of Victim, Antoinette Davis, is Charged With Selling Child for Sex

1:17 PM EST 11/18/2009

Shaniya Davis' Aunt Says Mother, Antoinette Davis, was "Neglectful" Before Child's Murder
Aunt Helped Raised 5-Year-Old Girl, Concerned About Her Moving in with Her Mother

Shaniya Davis Found Dead; Mother Turned Little Girl Into Sex Slave, Say Police
Week-Long Search Ends in Tragedy; Mother, Associate Arrested

10:39 AM EST 11/27/2009

Shaniya Davis Murder Case: 20 Investigators Still Working Details of North Carolina Tragedy
Antoinette Davis, Mario McNeill, Charged in "Little Angel" Kidnap, Rape, Murder Case

Mario Andrette McNeill: Things May Get Much Worse for Man Charged With Kidnapping Shaniya Davis
After Week-Long Search, Missing 5-Year-Old Found Dead; Mother, Antoinette Davis Arrested

1:54 PM EST 11/23/2009

Shaniya Davis Grandmother: My Daughter, Antoinette Davis, "Did Not Harm Her Kids"
Police Say Antoinette Davis Sold Daughter as Sex Slave to Man That Killed Her

1:20 PM EST 11/20/2009

Shaniya Davis Asphyxiation: 5-Year-Old Raped, Strangled by Mario Andrette McNeill, Say Police
Girl's Mother Antoinette Davis Charged with Selling Daughter as Sex Slave

12:14 PM EST 11/17/2009

Shaniya Davis Not Found: Cops Fear Missing Child is Dead, Search Focuses on Body
About 200 Searchers Comb Sanford, N.C. for Missing 5-Year-Old

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/1770-5_162-0...bsSearch&rpp=10&tag=mncol;pageb#ixzz0xphcbs91

1:18 PM EST 11/18/2009

Antoinette Davis, Mom Accused of Selling Shaniya Davis as Sex Slave, is Pregnant Again
Daughter Found Dead Monday; Mother and Man Charged

1:21 PM EST 11/18/2009

Shaniya Davis Missing: Mother Arrested for Human Trafficking, Putting Daughter in "Sexual Servitude"
Antoinette Nicole Davis Arrested On Charges Including Human Trafficking, Child Abuse Involving Prostitution; Girl Still Missing

1:21 PM EST 11/18/2009

Shaniya Davis: Missing 5-Year-Old Seen in Horrifying Hotel Video
Police Say Missing 5-Year-Old Girl Seen at NC Motel with Man

9:02 PM EST 11/15/2009

Search Continues for Missing N.C. Girl
Police, Acting on Unspecified Tip, Comb Area of Forest and Homes Sunday, But Find Nothing

Read full story
7:30 AM EST 11/15/2009

Mother of Missing N.C. Girl Charged
5-Year-Old's Whereabouts Still Unknown; Mom Charged with Human Trafficking

Read full story
11:00 AM EST 11/14/2009

Many Twists in Kidnapping of N.C. Girl, 5
Search Continues for Shaniya Davis; First Suspect Arrested Is Released, Cops Say Another Confessed; Her Mom Questioned

Read full story
6:00 PM EST 11/17/2009

Police Find Missing N.C. Girl's Body
5-Year-Old Shaniya Davis Disappeared a Week Ago; Mother, Accused of Offering Child for Sex, Appears Briefly in Court

Read full story
8:07 AM EST 11/16/2009

Family Pleads for Shianiya's Return
The father and aunt of Shaniya Davis are hoping for her safe return after her mother sold her into child prostitution. They spoke exclusively to Maggie Rodriguez.

Watch video
8:02 AM EST 11/16/2009

Mom Sells Daughter as Sex Slave
Police are reporting that the N.C. mother of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis sold her into child prostitution. The search for Davis continues. Mark Strassmann reports.

Watch video
4:00 PM EST 11/16/2009

Dad, Aunt Plead for Safety of "Angel"
Desperate Search Continues for 5-Year-old N.C. Girl, Whose Mother Is Under Arrest on Child Prostitution Charges

Read full story

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/1770-5_162-0...bsSearch&rpp=10&tag=mncol;pageb#ixzz0xphj75MZ

Sort By: Relevance Date prev 1 2 3 4 5 5

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/1770-5_162-0...cbsSearch&rpp=10&tag=mncol;page#ixzz0xphqe3oX

America's Most Wanted:

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=69234

Murder, Rape Charges Filed In Shaniya's Death
Shaniya Davis was laid to rest on Sunday, Nov. 22, 2009. Fayetteville, N.C. police charged Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, with first-degree murder, rape and kidnapping in the disappearance and murder of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis. She was reported missing by her mother, Antoinette Nicole Davis, 25, who has been charged with human trafficking, child abuse involving prostitution and filing a false report.

ABC news has 55 results ...

Results 1 - 10 of 55 for Shaniya

<modsnip>

About the garden....thanks to a lot of rain this summer, the garden is very green and very much alive. It has expanded a bit and lantana is growing like crazy (we need to weed!) It's very pretty. :)
Soon it will be Fall, and Shaniya's bulbs will begin blooming again, both here in the garden and at the spot where she was found. I'll take pics when they start to pop up.

I'm trying to be patient on hearing back from the county about the playground, but they are painfully slow in responding. :(
We may have to build a 'private' playground and perhaps just put up a road sign advertising it.
I'm thinking maybe something like, "Where Angels Come to Play."
Thoughts?

We may have to build a 'private' playground and perhaps just put up a road sign advertising it.
I'm thinking maybe something like, "Where Angels Come to Play."
Thoughts?

<snipped>

I think it's a lovely idea...beautiful. Okay, Im with you. I am going to be more positive and here's to the trial and conviction of BOTH murderers (physical and tangential...is that a word?)

I think it's a lovely idea...beautiful. Okay, Im with you. I am going to be more positive and here's to the trial and conviction of BOTH murderers (physical and tangential...is that a word?)

I agree. Looking forward to the days of the convictionS.

I will also try to be more positive and stop debating on the same ole stuff until there is news.

Still praying for Shaniya and all who love her.

Arraigned Offenses for Case Number: 2009065760 CR
Arraigned Defendant Name: MCNEIL,MARIO,ANDRETTE
County: CUMBERLAND
Court Date: 09/02/2010
Session: AM
Court Room: 002B

Offense Code Description Statute
1026 Felony FIRST DEGREE KIDNAPPING 14-39

Arraigned Offenses for Case Number: 2009066041 CR

1120 Felony FIRST DEGREE RAPE CHILD 14-27.2(A)(1)

Arraigned Offenses for Case Number: 2009066040 CR

0935 Felony FIRST DEGREE MURDER 14-17

Reminder...MAM is due in court tomorrow!!!

Due in court today....

image5669219g.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members