NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8950253
judge: State can seek death penalty in shaniya davis case
a judge denied a motion friday that would have prohibited prosecutors from seeking the death penalty against 5-year-old shaniya davis' accused killer.
Mario mcneill is charged with kidnapping, rape and first-degree murder in connection with the girl's 2009 death. He has pleaded not guilty.

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=ht..._4VrWY&usg=AFQjCNEvvv00C7q1OHy2GvRke8chqrDEQQ
Accused killer of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis to stand trial Feb. 18
The man accused of raping and killing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis will stand trial in February.

A Cumberland County judge denied a request by Mario Andrette McNeil's lawyers to delay the capital murder trial by 60 days. Jury selection will begin Feb. 18.

The child's mother, Antoniette Nicole Davis, is accused of handing over the child to McNeil to settle a drug debt in November 2009. She also faces charges including murder

McNeill, as he walked into the courtroom, still had that <shiver> little half-smile that he has always had whenever we have seen him...

So, now that the DeePee is on the table -- will he plead to get LWOP? The real question here, however, is will the State accept the plea?

The WRAL article also said little Shaniya's mother (grrrrrr) will go on trial, "likely in March." I wonder if they are gonna have her testify in McNeill's trial, and charge her with whatever for her trial, depending on the value & truthfulness of her testimony... Will they need her to testify? That hers is after his makes me wonder....

Two worse absolutely depraved and no-conscience individuals have never walked this earth, IMHO. <smh> Just unbelievable. :shutup::silenced:

Thank all of you for updating ...Thank you so much .. Our Little Princess will have justice !!

thinking I may have to take a week's vacation. There is no way on this earth I am going to be able to work and stay focused when this trial starts. I will end up sneaking into WS and staying there all day to follow updates. May as well just take the time off and not jeopardize my job.

Waiting for the 18th, and praying that Justice is served for Shaniya. We have had too many get off with nothing for it to continue.

This was the first case I remember following.....:cry: seeing this thread made me relive all the horrible details of what happened to little sweet Shaniya. Want justice for her so badly!

Will these trials be on television? I've never really followed trials before......

You HAVE got to be kidding!

From your link:
Jury selection in his capital trial was supposed to begin Feb. 18, but it has been rescheduled for April 8 after defense attorneys were granted more time to review evidence.

Defense attorneys Butch Pope and Terry Alford said 13 items are still at the State Bureau of Investigation, and they need to determine whether they should hire their own expert to examine them.

The defense also is trying to hire a geologist to review the state's analysis of soil samples from the kudzu patch.

Also, Cumberland County District Attorney Billy West told the defense that the results of DNA tests conducted out of state on seven hairs wouldn't be back until next week &#8211; a week before the trial was to begin.

I guess I would rather make sure all steps are taken and the defense is given enough time to go over all the evidence. I want to make sure all t's are crossed and I's are dotted so this monster does not go free on some crazy technicality.

2rfyqlg.jpg

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8984483
Shaniya Davis trial postponed
The trial for the man accused of raping and killing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis has been postponed.
A judge granted Mario McNeil's attorney's request for a continuance until April 8. McNeil was originally scheduled to go on trail Feb. 18 in Cumberland County Superior Court

I agree with you, Kimberlyd125. I don't want there to be any grounds for appeal. Hopefully, all evidence issues will be straightened out between now and then though. Shaniya's justice is long overdue. IMO, JMO

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8984483
Shaniya Davis trial postponed
The trial for the man accused of raping and killing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis has been postponed.
A judge granted Mario McNeil's attorney's request for a continuance until April 8. McNeil was originally scheduled to go on trail Feb. 18 in Cumberland County Superior Court

Thats my birthday, and I couldnt ask for a better gift than to have that *&@*'s trial start that day! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member