NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also - I have sent emails to see if either of the recent news sources linked above will be live streaming or tweeting during the trial.

I will keep everyone posted if I hear back.

Salem

I don't think I could control my actions if I was in a court room with him smirking away. I would be spending the night in the cells for contempt for shouting abuse at him. Believe me he won't be smirking at the end just like Drew Peterson.

Any updates of the trial would be very much appreciated. If anyone posting links to the trial could warn about graphic content I would be very grateful so I and others know not to view it that would be great. Thanks all.

Hi, gregjrichards! :seeya:

This response is prolly the 3rd or 4th one you've seen, but here goes:

We aren't allowed to put graphic scenes, photos, etc., directly here in our posts (see the WS TOS for details). If the site is approved, we can give a warning and link to it. There are a number of sites that don't meet WS standards -- you may want to consult our TOS for more details on that, too before you post a link or bring in info, and we don't bring in info from FB or MySpace, etc., because that info may not be factual or verifiable, etc. You shouldn't have a worry about some graphic photo being "in your face" as you read postings here. We try to run a clean but informative machine!!

As you know, we speak our minds here, but we try to do it tastefully and not maliciously or using potty-mouth!! The Mods are a great help if you need to know if something will be okay before you post. And if a post bothers or offends you, you can mark it and the Mods will take a look & decide how to deal with it.

Glad you are with us on this, and let's get this bad, bad guy!! Keep in touch -- the bus is filling up, and we want you to ride it with us!

But Borndem darling, I have the best potty mouth of the NW :blushing:

Thanks Salem for contacting the media. A mod's job is never done!

But Borndem darling, I have the best potty mouth of the NW :blushing:

Thanks Salem for contacting the media. A mod's job is never done!

HiYa, sea-chiq -- You have a darling little potty-mouth, :silenced::censored: :shutup: sea-chiq, and you dress it up so well & cleverly that you have charmed us all, even -- dare I say -- our great Mods!!!! It must be that Seattle climate, or maybe it's the coffee, darlin' !

This will be a tuff one to watch, but I can't help but think that all the Good Big Peeps are on our side on this one.

xo

Hi peeps!

I have kept up with this case, as so many of you have, since the very beginning. I well remember reading the first article about a missing child -- her picture represented to me one of the prettiest and brightest little girls I truly have ever seen, as all of you know by now. I thought she might have been waiting for a bus and got kidnapped, and then as I read more over the next couple of weeks, something just didn't sound right to me.... (Oh, how we have all had that feeling.)

And now, here we are.
icon9.gif
This case is a horror story in real life.

Here is a link to a good video archive maintained by the Raleigh, NC, television station, WRAL:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/asset_gallery/6459798/

It is not all inclusive since it is video-based, but it also has some other links within its articles; it is a good reliable source for those of you who may have just recently decided to watch the trial.

Raleigh is about 50 miles north of Fayetteville, NC. I grew up 30 miles south of Fayetteville, and regulary visited my cousin who lived there. Fayetteville is about 8 miles from the army base of Ft. Bragg, which is the home of the [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army"]United States Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airborne_forces"]Airborne forces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] and [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Forces_%28United_States_Army%29"]Special Forces (United States Army) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame], as well as U.S. Army Forces Command and U.S. Army Reserve Command. Around 40,000 peeps live there including the 82nd Airborne and Special Forces troops and their families. Ft. Bragg's presence definitely colors Fayetteville and the other much smaller towns nearby.

Just a good resource for those of you not familiar with the case or not familiar with the "territory."

** Justice for Shaniya **

Hi, gregjrichards! :seeya:

This response is prolly the 3rd or 4th one you've seen, but here goes:

We aren't allowed to put graphic scenes, photos, etc., directly here in our posts (see the WS TOS for details). If the site is approved, we can give a warning and link to it. There are a number of sites that don't meet WS standards -- you may want to consult our TOS for more details on that, too before you post a link or bring in info, and we don't bring in info from FB or MySpace, etc., because that info may not be factual or verifiable, etc. You shouldn't have a worry about some graphic photo being "in your face" as you read postings here. We try to run a clean but informative machine!!

As you know, we speak our minds here, but we try to do it tastefully and not maliciously or using potty-mouth!! The Mods are a great help if you need to know if something will be okay before you post. And if a post bothers or offends you, you can mark it and the Mods will take a look & decide how to deal with it.

Glad you are with us on this, and let's get this bad, bad guy!! Keep in touch -- the bus is filling up, and we want you to ride it with us!

Thank you borndem I appreciate your post. Shaniya's case has affected me badly all the cases on here are bad but this one is in the group of truly horrific. I am trying to avoid the lift photos particularly. I just want to go back in time and save this little girl and get her safe to her dad. I hope the jurors are just as angry and disgusted as we are and the worst verdict possible is delivered.

I am a bit confused (as opposed to every other day). Are these two being tried together?

http://www.wral.com/nc-judge-denies-request-to-continue-mcneill-trial/12295728/

NC judge denies request to continue McNeill trial

WTVD in Durham reported (http://bit.ly/103Qxaw) that Mario McNeill and his attorneys were in a Cumberland County courtroom Tuesday, seeking another continuance.

McNeill's trial is set to start on Monday. He's accused of raping and killing Shaniya Davis in 2009. His trial was originally scheduled to start in February.

About time. Four years too late. :furious:

Oh, ok ok.... "mom" is also charged with murder. Good.

Hullo again, Mz. Kaffee-Klatcher! Yes, "mom" has her own little docket which can be seen here:
http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars.Offense.do?submit=submit&case=2502011009135&court=CRS

Her court date is 04/08/2013 for the following offenses:

Felony HUMAN TRAFFICKING CHILD VICTIM
Felony CHILD ABUSE-PROSTITUTION
Felony FIRST DEGREE MURDER
Felony SEXUAL OFFENSE WITH A CHILD
Felony FIRST DEGREE RAPE CHILD
Felony FELONY SEXUAL SERVITUDE CHILD VICTIM
Felony CHILD ABUSE-SEXUAL ACT
Felony INDECENT LIBERTIES WITH CHILD

The penalties of all these charges, if convicted have ranges, according to prior offenses, and if the particular crime was mitigated, presumptive or aggravated.

Of course, in NC, 1st Murder is LWOP (absolutely no early release -- it is indeed life) or Death; 1st Degree Rape, Child and Sexual Offense with Child -- each are as little as 12 years, and as much as 40 years, but it can range up to Life; the others range from max of 4 yrs; max of 5 years; and max of 15 years.

So, she's gonna be looking at possibly 3 life sentences (or 1 Life and 2 @ 40 years each) and about 25 more years. That's enuff to satisfy me, if anything on this earth is...

If these are ruled aggravated -- and I'm thinking they would be -- she'll be locked up until Judgement Day. And then it will begin again.
icon10.gif
JMO.

Miss Borndem daaahling... You know I follow mostly DV cases, children murder is too much for me. But I have to be strong enough and be here with you all, watching justice being served. I will never understand why these women get to have children while others -me included- are never given such a wonderful gift.

I do wonder if one of the reasons they scheduled Antoinette Davis' trial to occur after McNeill's is that they want her to testify against him -- and if she "tells the truth" and does as she should, they will give her a lighter sentence. Reduced sentences for her would still put her up for being locked up for a goodly number of years, even if she gets a break for her "truthful" testimony. I wonder... If I were the prosecutor, I couldn't sleep knowing my main witness was the woman who had handed over to McNeill the little girl he ended up raping & killing.

And another thang: Mario Andrette McNeill is putting his biggest chip on the table here if he goes to trial: his life... Does he think he has a prayer? Does his atty think he has a prayer for something less? What do they think they have? Or does McNeill just want to take a long break from daily bars and carpy food? He is already in Central Prison in Raleigh for his own protection -- if he get the DP, they'll send him right back, but to a different cell -- up there on the old Death Row, and he'll wear a red jump suit...

Darned if I understand it -- is the DA unwilling to let him plea down to LWOP and all the rest? <smh> Or is MAM an idiot and wants to have a lark?

Good questions. I think this jerk is so smug that he thinks he'll be let go free. I expect the DT shredding the "mom" to pieces and somehow pointing to someone else as the killer. Is there any physical evidence placing dreadloco with Shaniya?

Good questions. I think this jerk is so smug that he thinks he'll be let go free. I expect the DT shredding the "mom" to pieces and somehow pointing to someone else as the killer. Is there any physical evidence placing dreadloco with Shaniya?

There is video of him carrying her into an elevator at a hotel the morning she was killed.

And then there's this:

Search warrants show investigators found children's clothing, blankets and DNA when they searched McNeill's Mitsubishi Galant and took away 11 bags of evidence.

McNeill turned himself in to police last week, and investigators say he confessed to taking the 5-year-old. However, McNeill's attorney told reporters his client would plead not guilty.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7125084

Here is a Case Archive. Everything from day 1 to now is there. Many pages now after all the years, but it has anything and everything.

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/#/user/crankycrankerson/library/Shaniya%20Davis%20%20-NC-?page=1&_suid=136517015503601952428863940177

(note, for anyone who is familiar with the archives)... the format changed recently from easy and nice to look at, to ugly and out of order... for any new files added. But what was in there before Mid-March 2013 is still in the latest-to-oldest order.

Does North Carolina let media into their court rooms?

I am only familiar with the "surface" details of the case but I would like to do more research so that I can follow along better.

Justice for Shaniya! Those people may have done horrible, unspeakable things to her. But we here will remember her bright smiling face -- she is that way forevermore in heaven.

Here is a Case Archive. Everything from day 1 to now is there. Many pages now after all the years, but it has anything and everything.

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/#/user/crankycrankerson/library/Shaniya%20Davis%20%20-NC-?page=1&_suid=136517015503601952428863940177

(note, for anyone who is familiar with the archives)... the format changed recently from easy and nice to look at, to ugly and out of order... for any new files added. But what was in there before Mid-March 2013 is still in the latest-to-oldest order.

When Photobucket came out with that atrocious new format in beta testing, you better believe I gave them a piece of my mind! Sadly it looks like they didn't listen :furious: Hopefully it doesn't mess up your wonderful case archives too much, although I'm sure it will make more work for you!

http://www.enquirerherald.com/2013/04/06/2411993/searcher-recalls-day-he-helped.html
Searcher recalls day he helped find NC girl's body
Jeff Riccio will always remember the moment when a group of police officers he was training found the body of a 5-year-old girl among deer carcasses in a ravine off a rural highway.
The dog instructor was training canine police officers from the U.S. Virgin Islands when one found Shaniya Davis, a Fayetteville girl who had been missing for almost a week.
"I'll never forget it," said Riccio, 29, who now owns his own dog training business in Middleborough, Mass. "I'll never forget that day. I'll never forget those moments. They're definitely ingrained in me forever. I'll never forget it. Ever."

I'll never forget that day either.
Remember that video of the guy that found her?
The video caught the moment.
Poor guy had a nervous giggle and people thought it was odd that he laughed the moment he found her. Much discussion was had here about it.
Thank God for those searchers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member