NC - Shaniya Davis 5, Antoniette Davis pleaded guilty to 2nd Degree murder!

I don't understand why that plea was even an option. They could've easily convicted her IMO and did not need to offer that particular plea, wherein she did not have to admit to any wrongdoing. It pisses me off that she said she was a good mother who did the best she could. Any plea that was offered should've had the condition that she admit to SELLING HER CHILD TO BE RAPED TO SETTLE HER OWN MENIAL DRUG DEBT.

I'm angry that she will now get out when she's in her early 40's and live her life like nothing happened. So many people failed Shaniya and this is just one more failure IMO.

Thanks so much, Amanda, for all you do!:loveyou:

Thank you all for the updates, and Amanda for the archive.God Bless.

The important thing is that Shainya is okay. She is at peace and beyond any earthly harm.

I wish AD could have been made to suffer a greater penalty. But even if she had, I do not know that it would have been any more satisfactory.

I had given thought to what would have felt more just to me than what she will be given under this plea. I thought long and hard and then realized, as with MAM, I do not know if there could have been a harsh enough punishment. And then I realized, it was because there is no penalty harsh enough. There could never be, because NOTHING will ever feel like it was harsh enough. Nothing.

It is what it is and justice (as much as we will see on this earth) has been done. The rest I have to turn over to my creator and the universe to work out later and have faith that it will be handled.

Beautifully said, tlcya. Thanks for giving it some perspective.

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/10/18/1290447?sac=fo.local

Antoinette Davis accepts plea deal, gets at least 17 years for death of 5-year-old daughter Shaniya

Antoinette Davis, her head bowed and her face wet with tears, apologized in the courtroom Friday after accepting a plea deal that will send her to prison for at least 17 years for the murder of her daughter Shaniya.

Davis, 29, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder, first-degree sex offense and other charges after a judge ruled that, at her Oct. 28 trial, prosecutors could use the incriminating statements she made to police.

In those statements, Davis admitted giving her 5-year-old to Mario McNeill so he could have sex with her to settle a $200 debt. Six days later, in November 2009, Shaniya's body was found dumped in woods off N.C. 87.

Before concluding Friday's proceedings, Ammons ordered Davis to stand in his courtroom.

"I saw you on that videotape. 'All he was supposed to do was have sex with her. That's it. That's all. That's it,' " Ammons said to Davis. "You could have saved your daughter's life, but you did not. You had the opportunity and the means to save Shaniya's life, and you did not.

"You are not a good mother. This did not have to happen. Take her away, please."

----------------

Hi Imamaze does thiss mean an automatic parole in 17 years? Or is it eligible for parole in 17years. Hoping its the latter. Shes a dirty S $!($#@^%ch. IMO

I totally missed this! I didn't realize a new thread had been started.

Rest in peace sweet baby girl. You were failed by the person who should have loved you and protected you the most. You were a gift from God to your Mother. Too bad she didn't cherish you the way that you deserved.

You are worth more than your weight in gold. You are priceless and you are loved by many.

You forever changed me. You will never be forgotten.

Sorry I missed that monster mom had pleaded and I'm sorry it was only 17 years but hopefully hell exists.

R.I.P Shaniya you will not be forgotten.

----------------

Hi Imamaze does thiss mean an automatic parole in 17 years? Or is it eligible for parole in 17years. Hoping its the latter. Shes a dirty S $!($#@^%ch. IMO

I'm not sure Nore, maybe someone else that knows more about that can tell us.

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/10/26/1291902?sac=fo.local

Shaniya Davis' father turns pain into action

The father of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis is turning the personal pain of her story into a public awareness of the shadowy world of sex trafficking.

Bradley Lockhart, whose daughter was murdered four years ago, has been involved in various organizations that seek to bring attention to human trafficking and sexual crimes against children. About twice a year, he gives speeches for special events at churches and at rallies that honor the child.

They never should have allowed this to plead FGS, over a $200.00 drug debt she turned over her daughter to be raped and murdered !!!! What kind of justice is that.........................NONE IMO !

I don't understand why that plea was even an option. They could've easily convicted her IMO and did not need to offer that particular plea, wherein she did not have to admit to any wrongdoing. It pisses me off that she said she was a good mother who did the best she could. Any plea that was offered should've had the condition that she admit to SELLING HER CHILD TO BE RAPED TO SETTLE HER OWN MENIAL DRUG DEBT.

I'm angry that she will now get out when she's in her early 40's and live her life like nothing happened. So many people failed Shaniya and this is just one more failure IMO.

I agree 100% ! Epic Failure IMO.

This is the worst outcome I could imagine. We read about these failures everyday. I don't want to see what is next. Dad and others should be screaming about the laws and who they elect to implement the laws. smh This is the hardest death of a child I've ever followed. Do they get approx. 85% time for good behavior allowance too? gah Haven't checked.

RIP little girl.

I started a CAPERS thread here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9948425#post9948425"]Antoinette Davis, Convicted of Sex Trafficking, Potential Parole Date Oct. 2023 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Generally (not always) a prisoner is up for parole at about the 1/2 way mark of their sentence. So for this prisoner, around 2023 things may begin to happen in her case where they consider her "good behavior," etc.

I don't want this one to get away from us. Like little Emma's mom - this prisoner should do her full 20 years. She should have gotten LIFE. But... we can do what we can to make sure she does not get out early!

Salem

My heart is breaking all over again for precious Shaniya. This one hurt everyone so badly. She so deserved a good life, and certainly not with that poor excuse of a so-called mother. We all loved that little girl, didn't we? I remember the night we first knew she was missing and stayed on here all night worrying about her and praying she'd be found safe.

Now I just want to be sick all over again. I feel grief and unbelievable anger all over again. I will never forget little Shaniya and her precious little face.

I will be 80 years old when AD comes up for parole. Believe me, I will write numerous letters begging the Parole Board to please not let this monster out of prison.

(shout out to Oriah and Kimberly! My granddaughter and her little family are now at Ft. Bliss, Texas. GB you both.)

This case really affected me more than any other case I followed on here. I was obsessed with Caylee Anthony and it hurt my heart to know what that poor child went through, but for some reason Shaniya's case really hit me hard. Maybe because I have bi-racial grandbabies? I don't know. Whatever the reason was I couldn't sleep while Shaniya was missing. I was constantly wondering if she was warm and if she was being fed. Needless to say when McNeil got the death penalty I felt there was gonna be justice for Shaniya. But now with AD's sentence, I feel Shaniya was robbed of the justice she deserved. If it weren't for AD, McNeil never would have gotten ahold of Shaniya and AD deserves the same punishment he got.

Shaniya Davis' father turns pain into action

The father of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis is turning the personal pain of her story into a public awareness of the shadowy world of sex trafficking.

I'm glad he's doing something worthwhile, but I just wish that he had done more for Shaniya while she was alive. He KNEW what kind of life her "egg donor" was living and KNEW that the living conditions there were disgusting, yet still allowed that precious child to be left there in her "care." I know he regrets it now...just wish he had shown better judgement then. JMO

NEVER should have been allowed to plea deal!!! Should be spending the rest of her life in prison if not executed...Poor little Shaniya...After 17 years, this worthless scum will still be young enough to live a free life...Shaniya never will, and to think of her last hours on this earth are unbearable...Hope AD's prison mates give her a taste of what Shaniya went through!!

My heart is breaking all over again for precious Shaniya. This one hurt everyone so badly. She so deserved a good life, and certainly not with that poor excuse of a so-called mother. We all loved that little girl, didn't we? I remember the night we first knew she was missing and stayed on here all night worrying about her and praying she'd be found safe.

Now I just want to be sick all over again. I feel grief and unbelievable anger all over again. I will never forget little Shaniya and her precious little face.

I will be 80 years old when AD comes up for parole. Believe me, I will write numerous letters begging the Parole Board to please not let this monster out of prison.

(shout out to Oriah and Kimberly! My granddaughter and her little family are now at Ft. Bliss, Texas. GB you both.)

Beautifully and heart-breakingly said, LaLaw -- I don't think I've ever seen you as emotionally spent on any other case such as you have been on this one. And yes, we all loved her.

And I, too, remember that first night -- I thought she had been picked up (kidnapped) by someone while waiting for her bus, and I guess in a way she had. I, along with so many of us, I'm sure, had a bad, bad feeling. Like it was yesterday. She was the prettiest little girl I have ever seen. She's a happy little girl now, I'm sure, so think of that, please. And you will not be the only one writing those letters, please know that, too. :grouphug:

And yes, a shout-out to our Oriah -- and love, to you, too!! :loveyou:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$