NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Body Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused, I keep reading that Shaniya's Father sent her to live with her mother...

Here is an artical I just read that says that...
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,575459,00.html?test=latestnews

Either way, it breaks my heart, I feel heart broken, I can not imagine the pain her Father or her Aunt are going through.

It seems that every other article said something different but according to the dad's sister...Cari..she was only supposed to stay two days over the weekend and then the mom turned the tables on them and refused to let her go back. She even told Cari that they would never see Shaniya again.
See the article posted up the page...my addy wouldn't work and the next post gives one that works. The sister...Cari..explains everything that happened after she left Shaniya and went to pick her up. She had only sent two outfits with Shaniya...for the weekend.

How true and I am more convinced than ever it was ADs motivation that Brad and his sister would never see Shaniya alive again. This makes me think even more not only did she sell her she knew they would most likely murder her, imo.

How heartbreaking. It is unbelievable.

I know her aunt just wishes that Shaniya had never ever gone there. She nor Brad will ever get over this or the guilt they feel but AD had no criminal history whatsoever......none.... so they both were blindsided.

imo
IMO if she really was pregnant by a man who had AIDS then, she may have had it herself and knew she was going to die sometime soon anyway and since she never cared for her child anyway, she felt like she had nothing else to lose. When in fact, she had more than a lot of people have to lose. I feel so bad for the rest of this family that may have at least cared about her. Why didn't she just leave the baby where she was? :(

I understand what you are saying, OceanBlueEyes, and I agree with you when it comes to Shaniya's dad and his family.

Shaniya's 'mother' though, is a different story.

She didn't just "throw" Shaniya away, she actually sold her....

Yes, sold her, but for how long, an hour, a night, forever?
This woman didn't just come up with this evil, sick ideal over night.

Lets hope LE checks the other children for all sorts of abuse in case they

were being used as victims in the prostitution service also.

Hello Oceanblueyes (all), my first post although long time lurker.
I think it is most interesting that while we are all shocked that a mother could "traffic" her own baby/child. Has anyone noticed that there have been NO murder charges brought against anyone yet? So who killed that sweetie girl?

Welcome lemonmoussetart!

I think that is subject to change today. Isnt there a PC this morning?

I think they are going to charge McNeil with murder.

imo

IMO if she really was pregnant by a man who had AIDS then, she may have had it herself and knew she was going to die sometime soon anyway and since she never cared for her child anyway, she felt like she had nothing else to lose. When in fact, she had more than a lot of people have to lose. I feel so bad for the rest of this family that may have at least cared about her. Why didn't she just leave the baby where she was? :(

I sure don't know Heroine.

This is so sick and twisted and unexplainable for rational people to even comprehend. Maybe he supplied her with the drugs she needed or gave her an amount of money for Shaniya.

All I know is.......... it is unforgivable.

imo

I think probably LE is trying to piece this whole convoluted mess together before coming out with more serious charges. Remember they initially charged the wrong guy with kidpapping... I'm sure they don't want to muff their case up any more. Within reason there is no hurry... get everyone in custody, check the facts, cross the t's and dot the i's...

I sure don't know Heroine.

This is so sick and twisted and unexplainable for rational people to even comprehend. Maybe he supplied her with the drugs she needed or gave her an amount of money for Shaniya.

All I know is.......... it is unforgivable.

imo

It is unforgivable, no matter what was going on in her life! I still get so upset thinking about this!:furious:

I think the mother snowed the dad big time. Obviously dad didn't do enough detective work before he agreed that Shaniya could visit her mother. It is my understanding that he didn't turn her over to the mother...she was visiting and dad was coming to pick her up the day after she disappeared. His job takes him out of town and that is where he was while Shaniya visited her mother.

I can't begin to imagine the hell this daddy must be going through. He has raised this little girl for 5 years without the mother being involved. Guilt is probably eating him alive with all of the "if onlys and I should have."

That criminal only had that little girl for 3 weeks all total. She couldn't even play mom for 3 lousy weeks. I think everyone in that mobile had to have been aware of what was coming down. The aunt must be just like the mother. Both are hooked up with ex-cons and the aunt sure didn't call 911 when her boyfriend took little Shaniya early that morning. I wonder what happened to the money they sold Shaniya for. What a sad day this has been.

Noob here, but lurker for over a year. I admit that THIS case got me to register. Everyone is speaking of why Aunt/Mom Carey dropped off with only 2 days worth of clothing? Ever thought that this was NOT Aunt Carey's choice, she had NO choice as Dad said so.(Mom for all purposes, the one who cared and dressed her in adorable outfits for all her life) WHY would you send all that stuff to a worn down trailer to a woman who barely knew her? I am thinking that Aunt/Mum Carey was thinking against her own train of thought. Why am I doing this?
Because nowhere Dad said that I must? If so, then give her 2 days worth of clothing, (to add to all that Mumster has for her on weekend visits previously, but this was different--so why would I give that beotch MY hard earned-work?).
In that neighborhood Shaniya could get ripped for just wearing one of those nice dresses, OR egg donor would sell $100 dress for $5 fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike