NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Body Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Tizzle, but I still abhor that word. I see it used frequently in the Sowell murder case. We need to remove it from use. I hope we can agree not to use that term here on WS--unless it's in a quote. There are other words like marginalized and at-risk that are far more respectful. But again, thank you for validating how much I care about a trafficked child (even if she is 21).

Has there been any theory as to why the father, who seemed genuinely heartsick, decided to let Shaniya live with her mom now? I just can't figure out how he could love her so much and knowingly let her be in danger. Was he court ordered to make a change or did the mom convince him informally?

I haven't followed this case blow by blow, but I have been reading a lot all day yesterday and a bit today as well. It's my understanding the father had had custody of the child for the past three years. The mother just wasn't in her life.

Recently the mom had gotten a job and a place to live. The father said she'd been employed for six straight months. IMO, that's most likely why he decided it would be ok for the daughter to visit her mom now. It's my understanding she'd been there three weeks and was to return to the dad this weekend that just passed.

I think he wanted to give the mom a chance to be that to this child, a mom. :(

Just, fwiw,
fran

Antoinette Davis & Mario McNeill & every other person who allowed this to happen; may you all rot in hell but before that, may you suffer horribly in what's left of your miserable, pathetic lives.

I'm so sorry Shaniya. I hope you knew that some people on this earth cared about you. You're daddy's special angel now; you can watch over him & console him in his darkest hours.

I just logged in to see the news too, then saw this first thing, I am so, so sad:(

I just will never understand how anyone, let alone a MOTHER could do this to her child.

Honestly, I have a hard time seeing how the father could let her go with the mom, the stuff I read said they had a one night stand (resulting in Shaniya) and he didn't even really know her.

disclaimer: I am NOT saying the Dad is in any way to blame, for any of this, but I don't even allow my kids to go to a relative overnight if I don't know them VERY well.

I just logged in to see the news too, then saw this first thing, I am so, so sad:(

I just will never understand how anyone, let alone a MOTHER could do this to her child.

Honestly, I have a hard time seeing how the father could let her go with the mom, the stuff I read said they had a one night stand (resulting in Shaniya) and he didn't even really know her.

disclaimer: I am NOT saying the Dad is in any way to blame, for any of this, but I don't even allow my kids to go to a relative overnight if I don't know them VERY well.

On the photos, the child looks to be clean, well groomed, and happy, indicating the father had been taking good care of her.
I don't know why the father gave that child to the mother.
It's horribly said.

I haven't followed this case blow by blow, but I have been reading a lot all day yesterday and a bit today as well. It's my understanding the father had had custody of the child for the past three years. The mother just wasn't in her life.

Recently the mom had gotten a job and a place to live. The father said she'd been employed for six straight months. IMO, that's most likely why he decided it would be ok for the daughter to visit her mom now. It's my understanding she'd been there three weeks and was to return to the dad this weekend that just passed.

I think he wanted to give the mom a chance to be that to this child, a mom. :(

Just, fwiw,
fran

According to Nancy Grace, there's been issues with the child protective services with the mother's family. Did the father know about that?

I think the mother snowed the dad big time. Obviously dad didn't do enough detective work before he agreed that Shaniya could visit her mother. It is my understanding that he didn't turn her over to the mother...she was visiting and dad was coming to pick her up the day after she disappeared. His job takes him out of town and that is where he was while Shaniya visited her mother.

I can't begin to imagine the hell this daddy must be going through. He has raised this little girl for 5 years without the mother being involved. Guilt is probably eating him alive with all of the "if onlys and I should have."

That criminal only had that little girl for 3 weeks all total. She couldn't even play mom for 3 lousy weeks. I think everyone in that mobile had to have been aware of what was coming down. The aunt must be just like the mother. Both are hooked up with ex-cons and the aunt sure didn't call 911 when her boyfriend took little Shaniya early that morning. I wonder what happened to the money they sold Shaniya for. What a sad day this has been.

From the ABC link above:

"But no poverty or economic desperation can along explain the prostitution of a child," he said.

"While there are no numbers on how many young children are trafficked by their own parents, there are about 100,000 minors trafficked in the United States each year, Logan said.

"Most of them are runaways or throwaways," he said."

Not to detract from the horror of this situation, I take issue with the fact that any child or person is a "throwaway". Shaniya is not a "throwaway". My daughter is trafficked and has an IQ of 63. She's certainly not a "throwaway" to me!! Every one of us has value and a purpose.

You're at peace, Little One. No more evil, only peace.
I understand your horror at the term "throwaway", but the term is meant to reflect the attitude of certain parents that "cast off" these children, and discard them like trash.

It is not meant to be from the view of loving, caring parents like yourself, but from the standpoint of the people that throw their children out on the streets to fend for themselves, without care or concern for the child's safety or well-being.

It has more to do with the attitude of a negligent person who never should have been a parent to begin with.

A "throwaway" child is one who's parents "threw them away", so to speak.

The term doesn't mean the child has no value- the term means that the child's parent's did not value them.

This obviously does not apply to you or your children. I know from reading your posts you are a wonderful, loving parent who values your children over everything. I know you are fiercely protective of your kids, and would (and have) gone to the ends of the earth for them.

Indeed, if only all children could be as fortunate to have a parent such as yourself, the term "throwaway" child would never have been coined to begin with.

I feel as if this was the plan all along, for Antionette Davis. She had no real connection with Shaniya, with daddy raising her for the last five years. Brad said himself, Shaniya was conceived from a one night stand and he stepped up to the plate and took care of this precious child.

IMO, she bull dozed BL in letting her be a mother to Shaniya, that she changed, had a job and a place of her own. In reality she lived at that MH with a sister, she wasn't even supposed to be there. He harbors enough guilt about his decision, I won't add to that. I feel rather bad for BL, he looks so heartbroken..

I don't know how this MMcN guy gets AD to turn this child over to him, for "sexual servitude" is beyond my comprehension, as is how a mother prosititues her precious child and goes along with it. The last one to be seen with an alive Shaniya is this creature, Mario McNeil who should be charged with the murder of Shaniya along with Antionette Davis, they both deserve nothing less than the death penalty for taking the life of a precious child...Shaniya was due to be picked up by her father the day she is reported abducted. I will never understand this mindset and how one can treat a child as if they are nothing more than trash.

Rest in Peace Shaniya...rest peacefully sweetchild...

I feel as if this was the plan all along, for Antionette Davis. She had no real connection with Shaniya, with daddy raising her for the last five years. Brad said himself, Shaniya was conceived from a one night stand and he stepped up to the plate and took care of this precious child.

IMO, she bull dozed BL in letting her be a mother to Shaniya, that she changed, had a job and a place of her own. In reality she lived at that MH with a sister, she wasn't even supposed to be there. He harbors enough guilt about his decision, I won't add to that. I feel rather bad for BL, he looks so heartbroken..

I don't know how this MMcN guy gets AD to turn this child over to him, for "sexual servitude" is beyond my comprehension, as is how a mother prosititues her precious child and goes along with it. The last one to be seen with an alive Shaniya is this creature, Mario McNeil who should be charged with the murder of Shaniya along with Antionette Davis, they both deserve nothing less than the death penalty for taking the life of a precious child...Shaniya was due to be picked up by her father the day she is reported abducted. I will never understand this mindset and how one can treat a child as if they are nothing more than trash.

Rest in Peace Shaniya...rest peacefully sweetchild...

I totally agree with everything that you said. I strongly believe that the plan began to take shape when that woman knew Shaniya was going to visit. She had no plan to ever let her go home.

This article by the sister of Shaniya's dad explains what was really going on and how come Shaniya ended up staying longer then planned. Really interesting.

The article here http://www.charlotteobserver.com/top...y/1060111.html

Thank you, Tizzle, but I still abhor that word. I see it used frequently in the Sowell murder case. We need to remove it from use. I hope we can agree not to use that term here on WS--unless it's in a quote. There are other words like marginalized and at-risk that are far more respectful. But again, thank you for validating how much I care about a trafficked child (even if she is 21).

Has there been any theory as to why the father, who seemed genuinely heartsick, decided to let Shaniya live with her mom now? I just can't figure out how he could love her so much and knowingly let her be in danger. Was he court ordered to make a change or did the mom convince him informally?
I'm sorry, Missizzy, I wrote my previous post prior to reading this post of yours.

I understand your horror at the term "throwaway", but the term is meant to reflect the attitude of certain parents that "cast off" these children, and discard them like trash.

It is not meant to be from the view of loving, caring parents like yourself, but from the standpoint of the people that throw their children out on the streets to fend for themselves, without care or concern for the child's safety or well-being.

It has more to do with the attitude of a negligent person who never should have been a parent to begin with.

A "throwaway" child is one who's parents "threw them away", so to speak.

The term doesn't mean the child has no value- the term means that the child's parent's did not value them.

This obviously does not apply to you or your children. I know from reading your posts you are a wonderful, loving parent who values your children over everything. I know you are fiercely protective of your kids, and would (and have) gone to the ends of the earth for them.

Indeed, if only all children could be as fortunate to have a parent such as yourself, the term "throwaway" child would never have been coined to begin with.

I don't think "throwaway" applies to Shaniya either.

I believe this woman hoodwinked Shaniya's father into believing she was trying to have a stable life so she could have a meaningful relationship with their daughter. Brad seems to be a very reasonable man and I do think he thought it was important for Shaniya to know her mother. So many want to separate one parent from the child but Brad was willing to give AD a chance.

She was only to go for one weekend. Then AD asked for more time. I am sure Shaniya got on the phone with her daddy and told him she wanted to stay so he made a mistake that will haunt him for the rest of his days.

One can look at the photos of Shaniya and they can see Shaniya was very treasured and loved by her daddy and aunt and I am sure other family members on Brad's side of the family. She was daddy's little princess and he seems to have done an amazing job raising Shaniya on his on which many single fathers do and do it very well.

Now it would not surprise me at all if all of this was a setup on ADs part just to get Shaniya there. At first they probably babied Shaniya wanting her to feel good about being there. I think through the separation that Brad talked often to Shaniya and she told him she liked staying there.

So Shaniya wasn't a throwaway child to anyone except the ones who did this to her............to others............she was everything and then some.

RIP Shaniya

I don't think "throwaway" applies to Shaniya either.

I believe this woman hoodwinked Shaniya's father into believing she was trying to have a stable life so she could have a meaningful relationship with their daughter. Brad seems to be a very reasonable man and I do think he thought it was important for Shaniya to know her mother. So many want to separate one parent from the child but Brad was willing to give AD a chance.

She was only to go for one weekend. Then AD asked for more time. I am sure Shaniya got on the phone with her daddy and told him she wanted to stay so he made a mistake that will haunt him for the rest of his days.

One can look at the photos of Shaniya and they can see Shaniya was very treasured and loved by her daddy and aunt and I am sure other family members on Brad's side of the family. She was daddy's little princess and he seems to have done an amazing job raising Shaniya on his on which many single fathers do and do it very well.

Now it would not surprise me at all if all of this was a setup on ADs part just to get Shaniya there. At first they probably babied Shaniya wanting her to feel good about being there. I think through the separation that Brad talked often to Shaniya and she told him she liked staying there.

So Shaniya wasn't a throwaway child to anyone except the ones who did this to her............to others............she was everything and then some.

RIP Shaniya
I understand what you are saying, OceanBlueEyes, and I agree with you when it comes to Shaniya's dad and his family.

Shaniya's 'mother' though, is a different story.

She didn't just "throw" Shaniya away, she actually sold her.

I understand what you are saying, OceanBlueEyes, and I agree with you when it comes to Shaniya's dad and his family.

Shaniya's 'mother' though, is a different story.

She didn't just "throw" Shaniya away, she actually sold her.

How true and I am more convinced than ever it was ADs motivation that Brad and his sister would never see Shaniya alive again. This makes me think even more not only did she sell her she knew they would most likely murder her, imo.

How heartbreaking. It is unbelievable.

I know her aunt just wishes that Shaniya had never ever gone there. She nor Brad will ever get over this or the guilt they feel but AD had no criminal history whatsoever......none.... so they both were blindsided.

imo

My heart breaks for Shaniya's daddy and aunt.

I believe they had Shaniya's best interest's in mind when they let Shaniya's 'mother' take her for what was supposed to just be a visit. They probably felt it was best for Shaniya to have and maintain a relationship with her other parent.

The 'mother' presented herself to be someone she wasn't. They had no way of knowing the tragedy that was about to unfold.

I fear the dad and his family will have a lifetime of remorse and guilt and the pure pain of missing this beautiful child.

I'm sure they wish they could turn back time, and just hold Shaniya in their arms forever. I can't even begin to imagine the degree of their devastation.

So many of us here at Websleuths are sick at heart over what happened to Shaniya, and we have never even met her. What this must be like for her father and aunt...

SongLine,
I am hoping they send her to Raleigh Central Prison in Raleigh,North carolina because the prisoners there don't take to kindly to child molesters and child murders, they never make it to their day in court because the prisoners always end up taking them out. They need to take her there and stand her in the center of the crowd and let them do justice for Shaniya. I have no sympathy for the Antionette Davis, Mario McNeill, the Aunt or the person she was sold to. They need to go arrest the Aunt now because she was there too! I can't wait for them to send you to Raleigh Antionette! I hope you know how to fight them women prisoners! I wish Shaniya knew how to fight her attackers :(
I do agree with you wholeheartedly but there is just one "F"ing problem...
Once a case has this much public visibility...The Perp gets a privet room, instead of putting them in the public setting. :furious: so instead of getting punished they get cuddled. @#$%^&* :banghead:

How true and I am more convinced than ever it was ADs motivation that Brad and his sister would never see Shaniya alive again. This makes me think even more not only did she sell her she knew they would most likely murder her, imo.

How heartbreaking. It is unbelievable.

I know her aunt just wishes that Shaniya had never ever gone there. She nor Brad will ever get over this or the guilt they feel but AD had no criminal history whatsoever......none.... so they both were blindsided.

imo

Hello Oceanblueyes (all), my first post although long time lurker.
I think it is most interesting that while we are all shocked that a mother could "traffic" her own baby/child. Has anyone noticed that there have been NO murder charges brought against anyone yet? So who killed that sweetie girl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther