NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I just wanted her to be a mother," he said Saturday. "She was never part of her life."

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/15/952445

Two more things...Wasnt there some info that AD was BL's babysitter at one point?

Also, has there been discussion of how MAM found that spot with the deer carcases to dump little Shaniya's body? Was he a hunter? Or maybe did an accomplice tip him off to that spot? Was there someone else with him? Hmmmmmmm.

Questioned this one myself. What prompted Brad to step in after the first year? I can't see Brad and AD sitting down at the kitchen table and calmly discussing what's best for our child. Could be wrong. I'd like to think that Brad stepped in when he saw she wasn't able to parent. That's a good thing. Think of Shaniya's life if she had spent her entire five years with AD.

Link: http://www.examiner.com/x-29672-Day...1d21-Father-of-Shaniya-Davis-appears-on-Oprah

Quote: Shaniya lived with her mother for the first year of life before going to live with her father. Lockhart said he and Davis had a verbal agreement because Davis thought Lockhart could care for Shaniya better.

Link: http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/11/18/crimesider/entry5695400.shtml

Quote: Bradley Lockhart had raised Shaniya with his sister's help until one month ago, when he agreed to let Shaniya stay with her mother because Bradley Lockhart felt Antoinette Davis, 25, was ready to be a mom again after overcoming financial problems.

"She had asked if she could be a mother, and I felt she was sincere in asking, and I figured to give her a chance," he told CBS' The Early Show.

"I should've never let her go over there," he told The Associated Press last Saturday.

Barbara Davenport on JVM- did we know she was a retired investigator with the sheriff's department??

Also stated- A lot of people do not believe Brad and Aunt Carey's hands are not entirely clean in this matter.

I copied and pasted from the last thread...

In some states, if something so heinous as murder (or rape) is committed, it can be considered kidnapping anyway unless they can prove beyond a doubt that the parent who "allowed" the child to go KNEW that it was going to happen. Additionally, if AD said (just as an example) "bring Shaniya back in an hour" and he didnt, and he didn't bring her back later (because she was murdered), that would still be kidnapping. I still don't think AD thought he would kill Shaniya (at least not on purpose [wow, that thought made me feel icky]). The same way AD can only be charged with murder if they have some kind of evidence that she wanted Shaniya dead (I doubt they will find searches for Chloroform on her computer *wink wink*).

I personally don't see any way that AD will be charged with murder and tried and convicted. The best I think we can hope for is that the selling her daughter charges stick and perhaps some abuse and endangerment and maybe an accessory charge that will put her in a state prison where she will have to live in GP.

I swear, of the state allows EITHER of these two to plea their charges down, I will lose my mind. :banghead:

Additionally, I believe that Coe may have spilled what he knew about the whole situation. Perhaps he knew that night what was going to go down, and talked his way out of some kind of accessory charge by spilling or saying that he just found out that morning. I've said it before, the police are being VERY careful with who they charge and when because they want all their ducks in a row. I think we have not heard the last of Coe.

Just curious. Has anyone seen anything that tells HOW the police went from searching for a kidnapped child to arresting AD and charging her with prostituting her child?

The statement you made (in bold) actually gives me some hope. You're right, if she handed her over willingly but expected her to be brought back, then yes it could still be considered kidnapping. However, if she was handed over during the commision of a felony (human trafficking, child abuse, prostitution) then even if she did not intend for her to be murdered, she is still culpable for what happend. For example, if someone is a "get away" driver, and has willfully drove to the scene knowing that a robbery was going to take place but never intended or KNEW that someone was going to be killed, even though he never stepped out of the car, he can be charged with murder.
AD most likely won't be charged with 1st degree, because they would have to show intent but even if charged with 2nd degree, she could get a life sentence.

From what I've seen its mostly speculation....that MAM told the police that she handed Shaniya over, I don't think that has been substantiated, and is mostly an assumption based on the fact that she wasn't arrested until after MAM turned himself in.

JAne v-mitchell is on and thinks AD might plead down(possible):sick:.AD mom says MAM is a maggot:furious:.I'm sure she knows MAM well,if involved with BD or AD.

They all know each other. I personally equate MAM in stronger terms than "maggot" but..... We hear these addresses; Mary St, Wall St, etc. I was looking at the city map and it's all in walking distance from each other. I believe Mary St is a housing project and mom, grandma, great grandma, brothers, sisters, cousins - all live there on and off (from the police incident reports).

Link: http://www.examiner.com/x-29672-Day...1d21-Father-of-Shaniya-Davis-appears-on-Oprah

Quote: Shaniya lived with her mother for the first year of life before going to live with her father. Lockhart said he and Davis had a verbal agreement because Davis thought Lockhart could care for Shaniya better.

Quote: Bradley Lockhart had raised Shaniya with his sister's help until one month ago, when he agreed to let Shaniya stay with her mother because Bradley Lockhart felt Antoinette Davis, 25, was ready to be a mom again after overcoming financial problems.

"She had asked if she could be a mother, and I felt she was sincere in asking, and I figured to give her a chance," he told CBS' The Early Show.

"I should've never let her go over there," he told The Associated Press last Saturday.

Question.....She was a Mother to a son before S was born.Does anyone have any idea who the father is of the son?

She asked Barbara Davenport what red flags she was talking about and she said everytime they open their mouths a red flag comes out.

Question.....She was a Mother to a son before S was born.Does anyone have any idea who the father is of the son?

Oooooo....good question. Nothing has really been said about the son. I do know that someone had asked where he was, but that no one knew or could provide that information.

And they are sure stating as fact AD had a drug problem on HLN.

JAne v-mitchell is on and thinks AD might plead down(possible):sick:.AD mom says MAM is a maggot:furious:.I'm sure she knows MAM well,if involved with BD or AD.

I am afraid she will "cooperate" and somehow get her charges reduced. Additionally, all she has to do is agree to plead guilty to SOMETHING slightly less criminal and she will still go to prison but perhaps not for as long.

I swear it will make me crazy if she does.

And no, I had no idea the trailor park (SORRY-Mobile Home Park) owner was a former detective/investigator. Seems she'd be more perceptive of what is going on in her park.:waitasec:

Plead down to what?

Let's hope and pray they don't let her plead down to child endangerment...complete joke. She'll get 5 years max and be out in less than 3.

<snip>What does bother me is to be "called out" by someone challenging my beliefs <snip>

What you stated was, "i.e., If DCF did take action, what would it be? He has made it more than clear that didn't want the responsibility of custody, and they can't force him to take her against his will. What if they put her in foster care, which we've heard nighmares about."

While you began hypothetically, wondering what action DCF would take, you then asserted plainly that BL had made it more than clear that he didn't want the responsibility of custody. There is nothing about that being your interpretation, your opinion, or your belief. It is put out there as if it is a statement of fact.

That is what I intended to challenge, and I do not believe that my post is a personal attack or a slam against anyone. If you have a source that you can cite where BL makes a clear statement that he didn't want custody of Shaniya, then I am very interested in checking it out.

Otherwise, I think it is best for any poster to make sure that they are clearly labeling their opinions, interpretations, and beliefs so that they are not confused as statements of facts. I am not angry, and apologize if my posting style has offended you. I am well aware that I have a tendency to be rather blunt, and that can be offensive to some people. I am in no way angry, and intended no disrespect to anyone.

I am afraid she will "cooperate" and somehow get her charges reduced. Additionally, all she has to do is agree to plead guilty to SOMETHING slightly less criminal and she will still go to prison but perhaps not for as long.

I swear it will make me crazy if she does.

And no, I had no idea the trailor park (SORRY-Mobile Home Park) owner was a former detective/investigator. Seems she'd be more perceptive of what is going on in her park.:waitasec:

Oh! No Way?? Are you sure was a former detective?

Yes. C.D. She was apparently married to him and kept his last name or they both have the same last name.

Birth announcement in the Google news 2002 archives.

Taken from the Oprah Interview transcript. We'll all interpeting his statements, but I interpret that Shaniya was with both AD and Brad after the first year.

LOCKHART: I wasn`t aware of any drug problem, never even crossed my mind. I never saw anything that would stand out to where she had a drug problem.

OPRAH WINFREY, HOST: As far as you know, did you feel that your daughter was safe with her?

LOCKHART: Yes, over the past five years, I never was greatly concerned dropping her off. I mean, you know, everybody`s always got a concern. Antoinette never lived in the best neighborhoods, so of course, there was always that concern. But I never was concerned of her caring for her as a mother.

What you stated was, "i.e., If DCF did take action, what would it be? He has made it more than clear that didn't want the responsibility of custody, and they can't force him to take her against his will. What if they put her in foster care, which we've heard nighmares about."

While you began hypothetically, wondering what action DCF would take, you then asserted plainly that BL had made it more than clear that he didn't want the responsibility of custody. There is nothing about that being your interpretation, your opinion, or your belief. It is put out there as if it is a statement of fact.

That is what I intended to challenge, and I do not believe that my post is a personal attack or a slam against anyone. If you have a source that you can cite where BL makes a clear statement that he didn't want custody of Shaniya, then I am very interested in checking it out.

Otherwise, I think it is best for any poster to make sure that they are clearly labeling their opinions, interpretations, and beliefs so that they are not confused as statements of facts. I am not angry, and apologize if my posting style has offended you. I am well aware that I have a tendency to be rather blunt, and that can be offensive to some people. I am in no way angry, and intended no disrespect to anyone.

I don't think we have ever established he had legal custody of her.

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/15/952445

JMO but AD mom seems like a addict(crack,booze) possible past or present,again JMO because I seen many women of addiction look like her(short hair like it fell out,yellow eyes,healed sores in face) and to say this is your grandmother(that baby should know you,it would seem)not attacking ,but seems odd since CL said Shaynia said her gm burned her.Again only my opinion.

While you began hypothetically, wondering what action DCF would take, you then asserted plainly
that BL had made it more than clear that he didn't want the responsibility of custody. There is nothing about that being your interpretation, your opinion, or your belief. It is put out there as if it is a statement of fact.

No, my ie followed my "I can easily hear the conversation and "what-ifs" when she approached BL."...

I wasn't claiming I heard the actual conversation or knew how it went, and I for sure never said he claimed not to want custody.

Now, I'm not going to drag this out any further. Things are easily misunderstood in type (especially when single lines are taken from a post) and I really don't want hard feelings to grow. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz