NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
One female, local reporter had documents of some kind about the custody issues with the grandparents and BL's court fight over child support. Thick bunch of papers she was waving around during her report.

I think AD was "working" at another job besides the legitimate one....maybe, once she got pregnant, she needed Shaniya to earn that extra income for her. Vomit.

We know she was living in public housing and was evicted. That is public assistance - much harder to qualify if you have child support for one. IMO - he wasn't paying child support. That's why the police had to go to the school to look at their records.
But she also had the little boy, and may not have been receiving any support for him, so wouldn't she still qualify for housing assistance? Sorry I'm not really up on all this. MOO

Food stamps is a different program. Cash assisance is what people would call the "welfare check". There is a federal 5 year limit on that. You have to be looking for a job 40 hours a week or enrolled in school.

If you have a baby, there is a one year lifetime waiver from looking for work. But it counts for your 5 years. If you take the waiver, you have 4 more years.

If you arene't looking for work and you don't get a job, the cash assistance ends.

You can get food stamps and other programs, but no cash. It's over for you in the US of A. President Clinton signed this into law whe he was Pres.

I'm not sure of all of the rules of sanctions, but they start deducting a little each month until you are to zero cash assistance.

There is no "welfare check" when your time is up. Food stamps, fuel assisstance, medical assisstance,yes. But no check.

What was AD living on? She had a parttime job for only a few months. I suppose she could live with friends and relatives for awhile. I suppose she got food stamps to help with food.

Aunt Carey would be eligible for nothing from BL. BL's income would disqualify him from receiving any govt. assistance. You don't get to have his house and a beemer and get assistance. Anything Aunt Cary got would be from BL himself or if she qualified her ownself under her income.

I don't care what state you are in. They ask you to name the father if you get assistance. Public assistance. The taxpayer is paying. States DO NOT allow that. They want the parents to pay, if they can. No free ride.

IF AC is guardian then the child is eligible for all benefits since neither BL or AD is taken care of her on a full time basis. She did go to school in the district that AC house is located.

Wonder if BL knew AD was pregnant and by whom and his HIV status.

uh oh-what have I missed? Is dad a suspect now? I think it a long way from lying about the nature of his relationship with his child's momma to knowing she would be selling the child....not that any of you have said that.

My take on this guy is that he is not hugely involved in the lives of his children and that other women in his life pick up his slack....which does not mean he did not love his children and that he is not a victim here, but perhaps I am missing a critical piece of media that is out there....

No your not missing any critical piece of the media about dad. No he is not a suspect and I couldn't agree more with you that lying about the nature of his relationship with mom is a long way from knowing she would be selling the child. I'd say you got it about right believe, in my opinion of course.

Exactly. What was there to proof he had custody of Shaniya in order to enroll her. And if somebody else withdrew her, was he notified or did the school 'drop the ball'? MOO

Most parents do not need to be told by someone else that their child is not attending school. If Brad would have spoken to his child in the 5 weeks she was living apart from him he would have known by asking the one question every child is asked "How was school today?".

I hope that he has been placed in a loving home as well. Do you think that he might of got placed within the family like grandma,cousin, aunt... they normally place kids with other family members when available that is what I thought.

Ideally yes... just not sure there's alot of good options there :confused:

Not sure what you're asking me or if you quoted the wrong post??? Maybe just used my quoted post to lead your question...

I was just quoting the link to article, guess I'll just cut out and re-paste--my question was not to you specifically but to anyone.

:parrot:

IF AC is guardian then the child is eligible for all benefits since neither BL or AD is taken care of her on a full time basis. She did go to school in the district that AC house is located.

Based on the information we have, AD would also be eligible for education grants and free child care.

Scoop Alert

09JA517 Subpoena 11/23/2009 Active 11/23/2009 STATE OF NC DAVIS,PHYLLIS

I am not so sure AD's little boy went in foster care. I am sure the system is stressed. It would seem maybe they would try to place him with family.
Just thinking out loud

Yes it was reported that he has been placed into foster care... I need to get my pies baked or I would hunt for it for you. Prayers for this little fellow. :prayer:

Just wanted to wish everyone more blessings than you can count... :blowkiss:

Ideally yes... just not sure there's alot of good options there :confused:

I was just quoting the link to article, guess I'll just cut out and re-paste--my question was not to you specifically but to anyone.

Thanks...no problem, I was just trying to make sure I answered you, if it was specifically for me...thats all!

Most parents do not need to be told by someone else that their child is not attending school. If Brad would have spoken to his child in the 5 weeks she was living apart from him he would have known by asking the one question every child is asked "How was school today?".
I haven't seen all his interviews, but has he ever said that he tried to call her?

I hope that he has been placed in a loving home as well. Do you think that he might of got placed within the family like grandma,cousin, aunt... they normally place kids with other family members when available that is what I thought.

Lt. David Sportsman says his entire detective division is solely dedicated to this case, and to finding little Shaniya. They are still searching, conducting interviews. Dozens of leads and new information is taking investigators to more places to do more research on this case. Lt. Sportsman says during this investigation, his department found probable cause to charge Clarence Coe initally. He also confirms that Department of Social Services does have active cases involving Shaniya’s family, but would not go into detail about those cases involve children. Police say Shaniya’s mother, Antoinette’s other son is now in foster care.

http://www.michellesigona.com/2009/11/13/new-arrest-in-the-shaniya-davis-case/
http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18209&page=20

Yes it was reported that he has been placed into foster care... I need to get my pies baked or I would hunt for it for you. Prayers for this little fellow. :prayer:

Just wanted to wish everyone more blessings than you can count... :blowkiss:

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you too, kiki!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther