NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA -how could she not. Walls in trailers are paper thin. No sound barrier. Walking on the floors make noise. Opening a door would make noise.

IMO, it is very possible for someone to enter a mobile home without anyone hearing them. The floors in mobile homes are solid and unless a door needs to be "oiled", the doors don't squeek. Some homes may have carpeting which would act as a sound barrier.

Ok, I gotta go get ready for work. Supposed to be there in 15 minutes and I'm still sitting here with wet hair. lol
I'm gonna try to check in on and off thruout the day.

Y'all have a great one.

Praying for Shaniya and all who love her.

IMO, it is very possible for someone to enter a mobile home without anyone hearing them. The floors in mobile homes are solid and unless a door needs to be "oiled", the doors don't squeek. Some homes may have carpeting which would act as a sound barrier.

Good morning Patty G.

IMO some of the newer mobile homes may have more solid floors but this one looks 30 years old or so. I do not think when you walk on those floors they would sound solid.
I live in one as a child and can remember the sound it makes when walking in it.

ETA: most residences that are off the ground have the same effect. Older raised homes on piers have the same issue.

Hi, Patty G!

I would agree with you if this was a newer MH, but it looks rather old and not too well taken care of. The door would not be totally silent, IMO.

As small as the MH is, I still rather doubt that anyone could have entered and taken a small child out without disturbing the other occupants.

JMO

Ok, I gotta go get ready for work. Supposed to be there in 15 minutes and I'm still sitting here with wet hair. lol
I'm gonna try to check in on and off thruout the day.

Y'all have a great one.

Praying for Shaniya and all who love her.

You have a good day at work, Kimberlyd125! Great weather here in Louisiana for a change, isn't it?

Prayers here also for Shaniya!

You have a good day at work, Kimberlyd125! Great weather here in Louisiana for a change, isn't it?

Prayers here also for Shaniya!

It's just beautiful!!!!
Too bad we don't get much of this kind of weather.

So, enjoy it while it last. LOL

Hope they search this area...I'm outta here now.:crazy:
pond.jpg

And Clarks pond comes right up to the road.

Hi, Patty G!

I would agree with you if this was a newer MH, but it looks rather old and not too well taken care of. The door would not be totally silent, IMO.

As small as the MH is, I still rather doubt that anyone could have entered and taken a small child out without disturbing the other occupants.

JMO

Mine was built in 1961 and is in beautiful condition with an add-on. The floors are very solid. If someone comes through my front door which is on the add-on side, and I am on the original side, I can't hear them coming in the door when I am fully awake. I have to rely on my little dog to let me know when someone is approaching my house. :)

My son is over 250 pounds and when he walks on my floors they don't squeak.

With all the people living in that home, IMO, someone had to be sleeping in the living room, perhaps on a sofa bed as there isn't enough bedrooms to house all the people living in that small home.

Can someone give me a quick recap? Just hearing of it, I know 5 yo missing, supposed blanket found in the trash with feces, gone from a mobile home. Good gravy. Another lil one missing. I'll scan the news quickly. Thanks.

Just realized that feces was on the blanket but no mention of blood. In the case of a violent sexual attack :)() or murder, I would think there would be blood. This gives me a little hope - just a little - that maybe this poor child is still alive somewhere. Of course, there's always blunt force trauma, drugs, and a myriad of other things. But I do wonder about the absence of blood on this blanket. Maybe that's why there are only kidnapping charges at this point.

ETA: I think that either this guy is the BF or a friend of the BF's, who was there for nefarious reasons - maybe even something to do with having access to a child. Makes me sick to my stomach...

Mine was built in 1961 and is in beautiful condition with an add-on. The floors are very solid. If someone comes through my front door which is on the add-on side, and I am on the original side, I can't hear them coming in the door when I am fully awake. I have to rely on my little dog to let me know when someone is approaching my house. :)

My son is over 250 pounds and when he walks on my floors they don't squeak.

With all the people living in that home, IMO, someone had to be sleeping in the living room, perhaps on a sofa bed as there isn't enough bedrooms to house all the people living in that small home.

I have no doubt that your home is in beautiful condition, Patty G! I am sure you would keep it that way.

There are some very beautiful manufactured homes in Florida that even have the concrete patios and so forth. The areas are extremely nice. But the one where Shaniya lives or lived (ugh) is up off the ground and not well maintained. It is just my firm opinion that no one could go into that small a home and no one hear it.

I am willing to admit I could be wrong, tho!!

:blushing:

Maybe if there had been a suitable number of people living in the home, it would have been possible to get in and out silently. Not when there are 6 people living there.

I know, I admitted last night to living in the same basic setup, but it was only for less than a week, while the crime scene techs were digging bullets out of my trailer and the park was getting it ready for us to move back to ours. The emergency situation was approved by the park, too, so they knew there were 6 of us in one trailer.

So, in an older style trailer that does not appear well maintained, I'm just not seeing it. Not to mention, LE knows that all speculation is aimed at the mother. Not just here, but everywhere. If she could prove she wasn't involved, they would have publicly cleared her by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6