GUILTY NC - Tim Hennis on trial in the '85 Eastburn murders, Fort Bragg

I can start one on Jaye's case since I am working on it

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

That is great. I have a feeling with the case being brought back to light in your investigation, people will be looking for a place to discuss. Thanks!

I haven't checked in for awhile so I've just seen the announcement of the "Botched" podcast. Absolutely awesome. Can't wait to listen. I'm a podcast addict anyway (true crime podcasts that is) and have hoped and hoped someone would do one and Dr. Godwin doing it is the best news. Another podcast did an episode recently on Tim Hennis. It's called "RedHanded" but they conclude he did it and it was very short, so not one I agree with. Of course, I could type paragraph after paragraph of the things that I know they left out of the discussion and that's just me (a random person who follows his case and believes he is innocent). I love podcasts but there are so many that basically do nothing but watch a 20/20 episode or read a Wikipedia entry about a case and that's their idea of research. Annoying.

Does anyone know where trial transcripts for the first trial could be found? There are some interesting forensic questions that could be raised about this case.

*No new posts since May 2020, so posting here to get conversation re-started*

I’m new here, so I apologize that this theory has already been shared on this thread and was also cross posted.

I’m really surprised that no one has linked this case to the Eastburn murders case in Fayetteville, NC. Both women put an ad in the classified ad, and received strange anonymous phone calls before their death. They both had a husband stationed in the military away at the time, and although Beverly’s husband was stationed in Germany, Kathryn Eastburn and her family were preparing to be relocated to Germany.

Both women each had a 2 year old at the time who was at home when the murder occurred and left alive. Beverly and Kathryn were also reportedly raped and stabbed to death. I suppose since Kathryn died in 1985, and the alleged killer, Timothy Hennis was on trial for her murder and her 2 daughters in 1986, there wasn’t much follow up between the two cases. Unpopular opinion, but I don’t believe Timothy Hennis murdered anyone and there was some untested DNA evidence left at the crime scene that reportedly didn’t match Hennis. Perphaps this could lead to more evidence for the two cases.

I just watched Double jeopardy on Amazon prime.I figured I would see if there was a thread and I’m amazed people think he is innocent. What an absolutely horrific crime and the fact he thought he had gotten away with it for 20 years and his DNA linking him to the crime.

I just watched Double jeopardy on Amazon prime.I figured I would see if there was a thread and I’m amazed people think he is innocent. What an absolutely horrific crime and the fact he thought he had gotten away with it for 20 years and his DNA linking him to the
What is Double Jeopardy about? In regards to Tim Hennis, some people don’t think he is guilty of the murders. Some people think he slept with Kathryn Eastburn, but not kill.

Can anyone tell me if Tim Hennes was ever looked into for unsolved homicides in the Appleton, WI area in the 1980s?

What is Double Jeopardy about? In regards to Tim Hennis, some people don’t think he is guilty of the murders. Some people think he slept with Kathryn Eastburn, but not kill.
The photos of Kathryn Eastburn's body with her clothing torn and one sock on made it very clear that he had raped her and she was fighting him down the hallway to keep him away from her children. He was found 'not guilty' by the jury I served on, only because Dna wasn't being used in the courtroom at that time. There was evidence that created 'reasonable doubt'. There was also evidence that was very suspicious.
Believe me, we really wanted to find him guilty but without the dna there was no way.

Does anyone know where trial transcripts for the first trial could be found? There are some interesting forensic questions that could be raised about this case.
First trial was a military court, don't know how you can get the transcripts.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back