NC - Violet Cortez, 18 mos, beaten to death, Fayetteville, 29 Jan 2015 *Arrests*

Sorry for all the posts :blushing:. I just want to add one more link.

http://wakemugshots.com/andrew-tyler-tomczak/
oh good he's a little fella, they will treat him quite nicely in jail while he's awaiting trial! (claps hands in glee)

oh yes, they will show him a fine time :hilarious:
prisoners just LOVE baby killers, they rank at the top! :D

(sarcasm off)

You're so right, Bee. We have seen cases where the perpetrator was badly abused as a child, and we see that person do the same or worse to infants or children or spouses. This prior abuse may certainly have this affect on some folks, but then we have heard from others, WS'ers in fact, who were abused as children or sexually molested, etc., and they are the ones who grew up deciding that they would never, ever do that to anyone.

I'm sure therapy helps -- victims have told us that a good therapist can be a lifesaver, but what is it in the ones who carry forward this abuse? I, thank God, have never been close to it -- none of my current friends or growing-up friends -- endured it, so I do not have a "feel" for this horribleness. I feel sure I must have worked with some women who are/were victims of parent abuse or spouse abuse, but I was never told and I never saw anything that looked or seemed "wrong." SMH. Oh, such awful things can happen. That's why I think some of us watch & sleuth these cases -- we try to witness however we can and maybe we learn a little bit on the way. And we seek justice in what little or big ways we can. And I think we are more prone to helping in our communities as we can, too.

I'm certainly glad we all have each other!
:loveyou:

:grouphug::grouphug:

:justice:

I remember Shaniya's case - but lost track of the status. The link you posted was for thread #1 :)tyou: for caring so much borndem :heartluv: ) and I went searching.

I found the most recent thread:

NC - Shaniya Davis 5, Antoniette Davis pleaded guilty to 2nd Degree murder!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224483

:furious:

ETA: I appreciate everyone who is posting, and reading this thread. I'll be honest, I know cases like Violet's (and Baby Ellorah's, and the list goes into the abyss....) aren't for everyone. But I expected the outrage to be so great, that this thread would have exploded with posts by now.

Thank you for listening to me scream at the top of my digital lungs for justice. :tantrum:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, Antoinette is serving 21+ years for her part in that horrible, horrible crime. She owed him dollars for drugs, she was broke, so she gave him sweet Shaniya for a while.

Here she is in the NC Dept. of Public Safety:

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=1

Andrew Tomczak has been in the news before. He was arrested in 2012 for selling "K-3," a synthetic form of marijuana:

CARY -- Cary Police are warning the public about another illegal drug hitting the streets.

It's called "K-3" and it's a synthetic-like marijuana that enables users to get a high.

Cary police said a teen called 911 after getting sick from taking the "K-3" drug.

They arrested 18-year-old Andrew Tomczak for allegedly supplying the synthetic.

http://abclocal.go.com/story?section=news/local&id=8496467

Yes, indeed, he's already got a bit of a record here in NC.

In the record cited below, he is listed as an "absconder" because he left the state without letting his parole officer know -- he's on probation.

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=1

Shaniya's case & Teghan's case were so horrible I could hardly read them and follow the details. But I did. I know there are some that just can't bring themselves to read these threads and I can understand that. I think, Kimi, that's why some of these cases receive so little attention and reads on the WS threads. People just can't cope with such horrors. But I just have to honor these precious babies in some way. They have no voice and I feel this is the little bit that I can do. Heaven is now cradling little Violet.

Sorry for all the posts :blushing:. I just want to add one more link.

http://wakemugshots.com/andrew-tyler-tomczak/

bbm

Ms. Jane Marple!!! Please do not ever apologize for "all the posts" you share with us!!! Every post you give us is informative, clever, intelligent, useful and all the rest! I look forward to all of 'em. So there, little English detective lady, keep 'em coming!

Shaniya's case & Teghan's case were so horrible I could hardly read them and follow the details. But I did. I know there are some that just can't bring themselves to read these threads and I can understand that. I think, Kimi, that's why some of these cases receive so little attention and reads on the WS threads. People just can't cope with such horrors. But I just have to honor these precious babies in some way. They have no voice and I feel this is the little bit that I can do. Heaven is now cradling little Violet.

bbm
Exactly, sallye!

Yes, we couldn't be there to prevent or lessen the horrors that were done to these precious gifts who are helpless children. We can't be in the courtroom supporting our state laws, or giving testimony, or prosecuting or on the jury. We couldn't be there to comfort the child when he or she was suffering and wondering why. But we can be there to stand for this child and with those who loved him or her. We can do a few things as individuals or in groups to raise awareness about the silent victims and those who decide to make them suffer.

And yes, precious little Violet is laughing, smiling, running, jumping and having ice cream with so many, many other little angels where there is only love.

July 2015:

Vanessa Arianna Sanchez, 20, made her first court appearance Friday after being extradited from Colorado...

Sanchez fought extradition and was brought back to Fayetteville on Friday morning, police said...

Judge Lou Olivera said Friday in court that Sanchez is also charged with four counts each of possession of stolen property and uttering a forged instrument, and five counts of obtaining property by false pretense.

Sanchez entered a plea of not guilty to all charges against her.

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/loc...cle_b9038616-89bd-59c2-b7e7-02892293701d.html

Mother gets five years, five months, for daughter's death
Vanessa Arianna Sanchez will serve no more than five years and five months behind bars for her role in her 18-month-old daughter’s death in Fayetteville in 2015.

That’s not nearly enough punishment, said the child’s paternal grandfather, Tomas Cortez.

“She’s not innocent. She deserves everything this court can give her, and more,” Cortez told Superior Court Judge Mary Ann Tally.

The former fiance, 24-year-old Andrew Tyler Tomczak of Fayetteville, took a plea-bargain and pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in March for Sky’s death. He is serving a sentence of 10 years, four months, to 13 years, five months.

Tomczak’s lawyer and his mother said later Tuesday that Tomczak took the deal because he wanted to avoid the risk of a death sentence in a capital murder trial. They contend that Sanchez is the real killer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.
Back