UNSOLVED NC - Wilkes Co, Photo of Gagged Woman Tied To Chair, Circa 1970s or Early 80s

In a struggle I doubt that her soft pack of cigarettes would be in her front pocket undamaged and I also doubt that the window would be open if you're holding someone against their will especially a crazy woman.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking possibly Armenian, or somewhere in that region.

Wild shot in the dark, but Beth Doe, according to her isotopes, originated from Serbia or Croatia and spent 5-10 years in Tennessee or a nearby state. Makes you wonder...

To me, it looks like some sort of scope.

I cannot save the image. Tells me it is corrupted. I cannot zoom in, but for some reason it looks like a figurine to me. The hair on top, the arm going down into something at the waist. The fluted bottom as a base. Or, maybe I am seeing things.

As for what she is sitting on. It appears something knitted is over the back of a folding chair? I would love to get a clearer image.

And this woman did not recognize her? Yet the ex left this image behind in old boxes. Chillingly stumped.

And this woman did not recognize her? Yet the ex left this image behind in old boxes. Chillingly stumped.

We shouldn't automatically assume that the ex was being completely honest. Especially if the guy felt the need to go to police about her.

The thing on the ledge looks like one of those African heads that you get from a gift shop. Tiki thingy.

this is a little bit :eek:fftopic:, but it is a similar case that came to my attention a couple of years ago.

Back in 2015, I was contacted by a woman who told me that she thought her ex-husband was involved in the 1982 disappearance of Angie Hamby of Wilksboro North Carolina. She said that when they had separated, he left a lot of items behind in their house that she thought suspicious. She sent me the items in the mail, and as I looked through the items I found this 35 millimeter slide of an unknown female bound to a chair and gagged.

be09ddc6-5cc4-4f2c-89bb-b745f5a9c5f7.jpg

She said that she recognized the background as being his apartment back in the 1970's.

The woman in the photo obviously is not Angie Hamby, and there are no missing woman who resemble this woman. but this photo was obviously either evidence of a crime against an unknown victim, or something created with her cooperation for his own amusement.

I immediately contacted the Wilkes County Sheriff, and told him about this woman's story. I emailed him this photo. The Sheriff detective said that was interesting because the woman's ex-husband contacted him about a month earlier, and said his ex wife was crazy and was going to make accusations against him. The detective had no idea who he was or what he was talking about - until I called.

That was over two years ago, and I don't know what they were ever able to learn about this guy's possible connection to Angie Hamby or this unknown woman.

But I was just looking at this photo again today, and figured it was time to show it to you all. This Port St. Joe thread seemed the best place to show it, as I don't think it warrants a dedicated thread.

EDIT TO ADD: I separated the comments pertaining to this photo into a separate thread. I didn't want to get too far off topic from the Port St. Joe photo.

She reminds me of Amy Billig http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/billig_amy.html

The thing at her neck/shoulder level looks like a floodlight to me. I know it's daylight outside(note the shadow), but it appears the light is on as well.

im glad you made a thread, the photo is disturbing.

this is a little bit :eek:fftopic:, but it is a similar case that came to my attention a couple of years ago.

Back in 2015, I was contacted by a woman who told me that she thought her ex-husband was involved in the 1982 disappearance of Angie Hamby of Wilksboro North Carolina. She said that when they had separated, he left a lot of items behind in their house that she thought suspicious. She sent me the items in the mail, and as I looked through the items I found this 35 millimeter slide of an unknown female bound to a chair and gagged.

She said that she recognized the background as being his apartment back in the 1970's.

The woman in the photo obviously is not Angie Hamby, and there are no missing woman who resemble this woman. but this photo was obviously either evidence of a crime against an unknown victim, or something created with her cooperation for his own amusement.

I immediately contacted the Wilkes County Sheriff, and told him about this woman's story. I emailed him this photo. The Sheriff detective said that was interesting because the woman's ex-husband contacted him about a month earlier, and said his ex wife was crazy and was going to make accusations against him. The detective had no idea who he was or what he was talking about - until I called.

That was over two years ago, and I don't know what they were ever able to learn about this guy's possible connection to Angie Hamby or this unknown woman.

But I was just looking at this photo again today, and figured it was time to show it to you all. This Port St. Joe thread seemed the best place to show it, as I don't think it warrants a dedicated thread.

EDIT TO ADD: I separated the comments pertaining to this photo into a separate thread. I didn't want to get too far off topic from the Port St. Joe photo.

I wonder if she smoked Benson & Hedges cigarettes. Or any kind of cigarettes.

Do you know any more information about the husband? Can we assume this was before he was married since the ex-wife said this looks like his apartment? Do you know what state his apartment was in? Do you know what field he worked in or jobs he had?

The thing on the windowsill looks like a bearded man's face. Reminds me of figurines sold in the Caribbean.

I'm also wondering what is behind her left shoulder?

The cigarettes are definitely Benson and Hedges Light 100s

Attachments

• Benson_Hedges_Lights_100s_2014_Benson%20Hedges%20Lights%20100s%20cigarettes.jpg
    Benson_Hedges_Lights_100s_2014_Benson%20Hedges%20Lights%20100s%20cigarettes.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 78
Do you know any more information about the husband? Can we assume this was before he was married since the ex-wife said this looks like his apartment? Do you know what state his apartment was in? Do you know what field he worked in or jobs he had?

The thing on the windowsill looks like a bearded man's face. Reminds me of figurines sold in the Caribbean.

I'm also wondering what is behind her left shoulder?

I know a little bit about him. I'm not disclosing his name here, but from what I understand, he is from a prominent family in WIlkes County, and did drugs and hung around with shady characters. She says the composite of Angie's abductor looks like one of his friends.

She thinks Angie is buried under a swimming pool that was built on his parents property right around the time that she went missing.

But of course, the authorities can't just dig up their pool based only on her suspicions.

I'm not familiar with the Port St. Joe thread, anyone? TIA

was he hanging around bikers or ride bike?

I know a little bit about him. I'm not disclosing his name here, but from what I understand, he is from a prominent family in WIlkes County, and did drugs and hung around with shady characters. She says the composite of Angie's abductor looks like one of his friends.

She thinks Angie is buried under a swimming pool that was built on his parents property right around the time that she went missing.

But of course, the authorities can't just dig up their pool based only on her suspicions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back