Identified! NC - Wilmington, Human remains found, Dec'09 - Priscilla Rogers

Has there been any new leads regarding this case? Did they ever determine COD? Announce any persons of interest? I haven't found much online regarding her case. Very sad.

When she was found I was living off of river road. I was in my late teens and encountered something strange in some woods a couple months before she was found. Not in the area she was found but a secluded trail next to my neighborhood I would walk our dog. You never saw anyone walking there. It was near a swampy area and not many knew about it. One day I heard a loud plop and see a man. He had dropped something heavy it seemed and saw me then ran away. I was so startled I hightailed it out of there. The way he ran was a dead end on the trail also which I thought was strange. I told my Mom about it and wondered if I should contact police but didn't know how to go about it or if what I saw was worth contacting. He was in his late 30's/early 40's with a stocky build. He was wearing a t-shirt with a fish on the back and was wearing a ballcap. I searched the area on a later date and didn't find anything. When Priscilla's remains were found I wondered if he was dumping her near my neighborhood first and moved her after being spotted.

When she was found I was living off of river road. I was in my late teens and encountered something strange in some woods a couple months before she was found. Not in the area she was found but a secluded trail next to my neighborhood I would walk our dog. You never saw anyone walking there. It was near a swampy area and not many knew about it. One day I heard a loud plop and see a man. He had dropped something heavy it seemed and saw me then ran away. I was so startled I hightailed it out of there. The way he ran was a dead end on the trail also which I thought was strange. I told my Mom about it and wondered if I should contact police but didn't know how to go about it or if what I saw was worth contacting. He was in his late 30's/early 40's with a stocky build. He was wearing a t-shirt with a fish on the back and was wearing a ballcap. I searched the area on a later date and didn't find anything. When Priscilla's remains were found I wondered if he was dumping her near my neighborhood first and moved her after being spotted.
Thanks for sharing this! Respectfully, I'd highly suggest that if you haven't done so yet, please contact and share with law enforcement your experience. Every tip has the potential to be "the" tip that helps solve a case.

Some of the links no longer work. I did find this one from 2010.

Police say they have new leads in Priscilla Rogers murder probe
Snips:
Beverly Rivers remembers spending holidays with her youngest sister, Priscilla Ann Rogers.
“Priscilla never missed a Thanksgiving or a Christmas,” Rivers said. “So the holidays were a little bit different this year.“
That is because someone murdered Rogers and dumped her body in the woods off the 5200 block of River Road. The 41-year-old Rogers’ skeletal remains were discovered there on Dec. 30, 2009 by a man collecting antique bottles. Investigators believe she had been dead for nearly seven months.
The leading investigator on the case, detective Lee Odham of the Wilmington Police Department, said this week that authorities had recently obtained several new leads and were beginning to investigate them. Authorities also continue waiting for the state crime lab to finish analyzing several pieces of evidence.
Odham declined to disclose details concerning possible suspects, or the evidence investigators have collected. But the fresh leads signified a case that may be heating up again.

Though investigators have run into trouble convincing witnesses to come forward, Odham is optimistic that police would find sources willing to divulge information to lead detectives to the perpetrator.
“As always, we ask the community to let us know if they heard anything,” Odham said, adding: “She (Priscilla) didn’t have a mean bone in her body.“
Popularly known as “Chuck E. Cheese,” Rogers, a Wilmington native, had struggled with drug abuse and a life on the street. In the last year of her life, however, family members say she had started turning things around and had recently gotten an apartment near the corner of Castle and Queen streets.
She was reported missing by family members in August 2009, although investigators believe she was last seen and likely killed in June of that year. Because her remains were so badly decomposed, detectives do not know how she was killed.

Thanks for sharing this! Respectfully, I'd highly suggest that if you haven't done so yet, please contact and share with law enforcement your experience. Every tip has the potential to be "the" tip that helps solve a case.
You're welcome! I really can't remember if I have or not. I will look for a police contact regarding her case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back