NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HICKORY, N.C. -- The father of a missing North Carolina girl who is presumed dead says he is cooperating with police searching for his daughter and unsure of his wife's possible involvement in the case.

Adam Baker told The Associated Press on Friday he still hopes to find 10-year-old Zahra Clare Baker alive. He says he'll move back to the family's native Australia if the girl wants to go.

bad link...hang on..........

Hey locals - I asked about this last night - but it was very late and maybe you were all gone. What about the landfills? Which landfill is used by Hickory? LE took a dumpster near the residence - I would think that SM would have wanted to dispose of rather quickly and if she knew the pick up schedule of that dumpster - well .....you get the idea. Are the landfills there like here in FL? Do they grid them off and and pinpoint where that dumpster might have been dumped in the last two weeks or so?

This may be one reason why LE has publicly expressed so much frustration at not having any sort of solid timeline as to when Zahra disappeared/died. I don't know how solid this recent report is of someone seeing her less than a month ago, but prior to they seemed to be looking at 6 weeks or so (i.e. since the date of the most recent move) as the possible timeframe for whatever happened to Zahra. Depending on the specifics (location of landfills, whether municipal residential pickup is using different services/landfills from commercial -- e.g. the restaurant dumpster), it could require a prohibitively massive operation to search the possible sections of landfill(s).

Don't know about the area in question, but where I live, not only does residential and commercial trash go to different locations via different trash haulers (municipal vs. private), but the residential trash goes first to a transfer station, which is also open to the public to dump trash (paid by weight) from private vehicles, and is subsequently transferred to landfills by a different fleet of trucks. Trying to identify where to search for something that might have been dumped in either residential or commercial trash, at any time during the past 6 weeks, would be virtually impossible.

I REALLY wish a darn reporter would find out what these dogs are trained to detect. I know that media is saying they are cadaver dogs but we have no official word that they are. It would just tell me a lot to know how these dogs are trained. Does anyone have any photos or videos of the dogs they are using ? I might be able to tell how they are trained by breed and how they are working them.

Here is a link to one photo. It isn't very clear.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/...C-/?action=view&current=101210debrismound.jpg

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Zahra Baker -NC-/

Please continue here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5690963#post5690963"]NC NC - Zahra Claire Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 11 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thanks!

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members