NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see that point of view also. Not sure when the dumpster was picked up, locals any info? But I just can't see them throwing her out in the garbage because so many bodies are found this way. I don't think they would want her found because they had to have known the story of how they treated this little girl was going to come out. Better hidden to avoid what caused her death and disappearance. JMO though.:twocents:
I gotcha - but remember the ransom note and if, by chance, she was found, well then the beatings she took would have been explained away as done by the kidnappers.

IIRC that dumpster was right behind their house and I'm sure even just being there only 6 weeks the noise of that truck that comes and dumps it would have been loud and rather quickly EB would have been able to notice the pick up schedule. Being that is was a restaurant - those are usually picked up a little more frequently because of all the spolied food that ends up in them - which would have also masked any odor - KWIM?

They might have even taken the mattress to determine if she was ever there at all, since no neighbor ever saw her there.

If she was poisoning here, might there be traces of that on the mattress?

I can see that point of view also. Not sure when the dumpster was picked up, locals any info? But I just can't see them throwing her out in the garbage because so many bodies are found this way. I don't think they would want her found because they had to have known the story of how they treated this little girl was going to come out. Better hidden to avoid what caused her death and disappearance. JMO though.:twocents:

I think nearly all the bodies that are found this way are those of people who were reported missing very soon after they were dumped (e.g. Somore Thompson). AB and EB knew they weren't going to report her missing right away (or ever, unless something forced them to), and knew nobody in their previous or new neighborhood would report her missing (previous neighbors knew she moved, new neighbors had had her existence concealed from them), and the school administrator had apparently been satisfied with the "homeschooling" explanation. With both of them having running vehicles, and at least a couple of weeks between the last sighting of her and their report that she'd gone "missing", her body could be practically anywhere. They could have dumped her body in any residential or commercial dumpster within a few hundred miles radius of their home, from which it could since have been transported to a very large number of different landfills.

These two may not be mental giants, but it appears their strong point (at least EB's) is getting away with crime. Look at her rap sheet, and consider that 1) she was still running around free, even after skipping a court date, and 2) it includes no evidence of her drug dealing activities, which we've pretty good evidence she was engaged in.

Yea but picking a random dumpster was dangerous - not knowing the pick up schedule. I agree because of the "hits" on both vehicles - maybe she was kept in the vehicle until either or decided what to do. Maybe she was moved from one to the other because they needed to use the one she was in. Oh heck I don't know - hard to think like these.....these......people. I'm just praying they find her soon.

I think nearly all the bodies that are found this way are those of people who were reported missing very soon after they were dumped (e.g. Somore Thompson). AB and EB knew they weren't going to report her missing right away (or ever, unless something forced them to), and knew nobody in their previous or new neighborhood would report her missing (previous neighbors knew she moved, new neighbors had had her existence concealed from them), and the school administrator had apparently been satisfied with the "homeschooling" explanation. With both of them having running vehicles, and at least a couple of weeks between the last sighting of her and their report that she'd gone "missing", her body could be practically anywhere. They could have dumped her body in any residential or commercial dumpster within a few hundred miles radius of their home, from which it could since have been transported to a very large number of different landfills.

These two may not be mental giants, but it appears their strong point (at least EB's) is getting away with crime. Look at her rap sheet, and consider that 1) she was still running around free, even after skipping a court date, and 2) it includes no evidence of her drug dealing activities, which we've pretty good evidence she was engaged in.

That is what worries me most, too much time to conceal the crime. It often takes days, weeks, to find a body just when you know the general search area. In this case, the most you can hope to narrow it down to is areas they would be familiar with, where they have lived, which is several:( . EB is a very crafty, sneaky woman who would do anything to conceal the crime.

Daddy dearest knows.

How could he not? Most all of us live in homes with spouses and kids. If you're working alot, sure, you might miss some day-to-day things....but you pretty much know what's going on in your own home. This dad could see his wife had lost lots of weight...knew the family members with drug problems....knew when Zahra had bruises....knew the family dynamics....wrote bad checks.....loaded boxes and moved numerous times....knew Zahra wasn't in school....HE KNEW.

I don't think LE is buying into his story....but they are going to use him as much as they can, as any good cop would do.

Video on the right. Neighbors from trailer park said they saw the parents come back after dark 3 weeks ago.

http://www.wbtv.com/global/category.asp?c=197806

Witness said it was in the night, and they saw Adam and Elisa, not Zahra. One mentioned a terrible odor back then as well. "I never smelled anything like it."

This coincides with the Sept. 25th date the witnesses spotted Zahra @ the furniture store.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/national/Police-New-Leads-Suggest-NC-Girl-May-Have-Been-Alive-in-MidSept_64428968

Investigators will be interviewing her former teachers at schools in Caldwell Co., NC. The family also lived at several different addresses recently, and investigators will be interviewing those neighbors who may have known the family and Zahra

snip...

Deputy Chief Clyde Deal would not elaborate about why authorities think the girl was alive when the family moved from the nearby town of Sawmills.

I gotcha - but remember the ransom note and if, by chance, she was found, well then the beatings she took would have been explained away as done by the kidnappers.

IIRC that dumpster was right behind their house and I'm sure even just being there only 6 weeks the noise of that truck that comes and dumps it would have been loud and rather quickly EB would have been able to notice the pick up schedule. Being that is was a restaurant - those are usually picked up a little more frequently because of all the spolied food that ends up in them - which would have also masked any odor - KWIM?

It seems that dumpsters are a preferred known method of disposal of a body. :sick::furious::banghead: I havent heard of them searching the landfill.. has anyone else? OMG this makes my heart hurt beyond words.

Daddy dearest knows.

How could he not? Most all of us live in homes with spouses and kids. If you're working alot, sure, you might miss some day-to-day things....but you pretty much know what's going on in your own home. This dad could see his wife had lost lots of weight...knew the family members with drug problems....knew when Zahra had bruises....knew the family dynamics....wrote bad checks.....loaded boxes and moved numerous times....knew Zahra wasn't in school....HE KNEW.

I don't think LE is buying into his story....but they are going to use him as much as they can, as any good cop would do.

It appears to me that he has also lost weight. Pain Killers have become a rampant problem and I know, sadly, from personal experience with some young adults, that they cause weight loss. (and constipation :) )

Video on the right. Neighbors from trailer park said they saw the parents come back after dark 3 weeks ago.

Witness said it was in the night, and they saw Adam and Elisa, not Zahra. One mentioned a terrible odor back then as well. "I never smelled anything like it."

This coincides with the Sept. 25th date the witnesses spotted Zahra @ the furniture store.

Thanks, great article. I would get their cell phone records from around this time. Figure out what area they were in according to their cell tower pings, usage. It would at least show what area they were in.

Thanks darlin gal...listened to the video and can't imagine why LE took a bed out of the home - piece by piece. Gives me some awful thoughts.

Sept. 25th was a Saturday...so Zahra, Adam, and Elisa were seen at the furniture store and later in the dark, dad and SM were seen at the trailer park, they say there was an awful odor...sounds like the suggestion is from furniture store to trailer park that day of the 25th, something happened to Zahra. That wouldn't be enough time for strong decomp smell, would it. TIA

ETA: Sorry, misheard. Adam and Elisa were spotted at the trailer park in the dark around 3 weeks ago, not necessarily on the 25th of September, but close.

Why and the heck were they at a furniture store? For what?

ButWhatIf?,

I was thinking mercy killing (or AB made to think it was a mercy killing) also... But I didn't have the who-who's to actually post it...

If we were talking about someone who had any concept of mercy, that could be plausible....

If she was poisoning here, might there be traces of that on the mattress?

I doubt it. Anything that could have been excreted through sweat is long deteriorated. If there were traces of urine or vomit it may be more possible but time is working heavily against investigators at this point. It isn't absolute, though. And we don't know what's on the mattress.

Whats the old saying CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT...I saw so many references to the Ethan Stacy case on here I HAD TO GO LOOK IT UP!!! bless the hearts of each and every one of you that stayed with that case!!!!I cant quit crying!!!

Sept. 25th was a Saturday...so Zahra, Adam, and Elisa were seen at the furniture store and later in the dark, dad and SM were seen at the trailer park, they say there was an awful odor...sounds like the suggestion is from furniture store to trailer park that day of the 25th, something happened to Zahra. That wouldn't be enough time for strong decomp smell, would it. TIA

But the neighbor said the awful odor started a couple days AFTER the parents were spotted after dark in the trailer park....hmmm....

Thanks darlin gal...listened to the video and can't imagine why LE took a bed out of the home - piece by piece. Gives me some awful thoughts.

They don't say exactly when they were spotted at the trailer park. Just about 3 weeks ago. So it wasn't necessarily the 25th that they were spotted at the park. jmo

Whats the old saying CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT...I saw so many references to the Ethan Stacy case on here I HAD TO GO LOOK IT UP!!! bless the hearts of each and every one of you that stayed with that case!!!!I cant quit crying!!!

That case was horrible..we may find out there was torture in a particular case and sadistic pleasure from murder, but in this case, we were told what the torture was and how it manifested in little Ethan. I had nightmares over that case. moo

I'm new to this case and haven't read all the details yet, but I was wondering... did the family have any pets that have also disappeared? That could explain the stench and the sighting, if on the day Zahra disappeared they were looking at new beds because a pet had decomposed on the old one. Two or three people go out to an isolated place to bury the pet, and one fewer people return. Not normal for pets to decompose on beds I know, but so much of what was happening there wasn't normal.

I'm new to this case and haven't read all the details yet, but I was wondering... did the family have any pets that have also disappeared? That could explain the stench and the sighting, if on the day Zahra disappeared they were looking at new beds because a pet had decomposed on the old one. Two or three people go out to an isolated place to bury the pet, and one fewer people return. Not normal for pets to decompose on beds I know, but so much of what was happening there wasn't normal.

Good thoughts. Zahra had two cats at the trailer park (I think it was there) and she wasn't allowed to bring them along for the next move. Zahra had to leave her kittens behind. This poor child, with the exception of her dad, she was taken away from everyone and everything she ever loved. moo mho

Do the locals know if there are climate controlled storage units for rent around the areas Zahra lived? Or, storage units with electrical outlets that would allow a freezer to run? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420