NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which could be why it disappeared. Maybe they just gave it back. Don't get me wrong, it needs to be checked. I am just nowhere near ready to put a body in the trunk of said car.

BBM

Oh I sure am. That would go right along with the "kidnapping" and "ransom note".

If that monte carlo is NOT registered to them but to someone else - boy does THAT person got some 'xplainin' to do.

I wish LE would make a statement one way of the other about the mysterious car. Rule it in by putting out a BOLO for it - or rule it out saying they've located it and it has nothing to do with anything.

Maybe we'll get a presser tomorrow that at least will tell us one way or the other.

if they find a third car and it also gets a positive hit for human remains I think I will thud!

((or yell who dat! as I have been doing that all weekend!))

eta fourth car thanks wise!

I disagree - put Zahra in the trunk - find an out of the way place through the woods that dead ends at the water - push the car in - you're done.

As for the registration on the car - LE can run a search just on the make, model and year(s) and all cars that match the description will come back. They would then have a VIN# and a plate#.

Maybe they recently sold it - that would be easy to track. Maybe that's why EB was in that furniture store looking for living room furniture - with the money from the car. But I highly doubt a 70's monte carlo would bring much more than a couple of hundred dollars (if that).

I'm so glad this is somewhat of a rural area and not "urban mecca" like where I am - finding a car where I'm at is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Owl, I think I'm with you on this one.

I'm confident LE will be all over this.

Here's where I think would start, if I were looking for a car under water. (see attached img - hopefully I'm not blowing the margins!)

To see the map for the attached image, put "Quarry Road, Granite Falls, NC" into google maps

EB has a former address on Quarry Rd. Looks to me like there could be several points around that water with direct road access.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• oldmillpond.jpg
    oldmillpond.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 45
thinking..... thinking.... could the missing car be the reason for draining the pond?

Nurse, could be, you know we discussed at the time that they were not looking for anything small by the way they drained it.

Thank you to kalekona for explaining to me why AB can not visit EB in jail.

YVW-

I'm going by SOP because try as I might I can not find visitor regulations for the jail, just the prison.

All I can find is the visiting schedule and that they are allowed only 1 15 minute visit per week.

if they find a third car and it also gets a positive hit for human remains I think I will thud!

((or yell who dat! as I have been doing that all weekend!))
Its actually a 4th car nursie - the 3 listed on the search warrant plus now this one.

I've been looking at aerials all weekend to see the waterways. There are a bunch of them - the Catawba River and Lake Hickory are both big bodies of water.

Again, (and I know I keep harping on this) they need to get helicpoters in the air and start scanning those waterways. FBI is involved and they can get a black hawk there - those have infra red and all types of special surveillance that would show up if a large object was in the water.

Its actually a 4th car nursie - the 3 listed on the search warrant plus now this one.

I've been looking at aerials all weekend to see the waterways. There are a bunch of them - the Catawba River and Lake Hickory are both big bodies of water.

Again, (and I know I keep harping on this) they need to get helicpoters in the air and start scanning those waterways. FBI is involved and they can get a black hawk there - those have infra red and all types of special surveillance that would show up if a large object was in the water.
or side scan sonar

Regarding social networks

It will often be up to mod discretion as to who can and cannot be linked, but the general rule of thumb is if they are named in the media specifically as having some role or are being questioned or have information then you are probably safe to link.

I am so confused :waitasec: So is AY's public FB okay to post or not? He's been in the media, been outspoken on the case. His profile is public ?

I missed something... what's this about a car ?

Personally, I think it's too early to be putting choppers up until there is more info. on the car (which they may have). They are extremely expensive, and the truth is that this is not a rescue mission but a recovery one. I know that may seem cold, but it is something that they think about.

I am so confused :waitasec: So is AY's public FB okay to post or not? He's been in the media, been outspoken on the case. His profile is public ?
Has he been in the main stream media? (sorry was away for a few days) if not than you cannot name him/post his social networking site info even if it is public. Mods if I got that wrong please correct

Owl, I think I'm with you on this one.

I'm confident LE will be all over this.

Here's where I think would start, if I were looking for a car under water. (see attached img - hopefully I'm not blowing the margins!)

To see the map for the attached image, put "Quarry Road, Granite Falls, NC" into google maps

EB has a former address on Quarry Rd. Looks to me like there could be several points around that water with direct road access.

Thoughts?

Wondering if the access to the southwest is public? It looks deeper than the one to the northeast, which appears to either be shallow or have alot of sediments coming in. The dam might have more people coming and going... hmmmm...:waitasec:

Hi bellyup,

Can you show me where AY has been in the media and spoke on the case? I'm saying No at this point he is not allowed. I don't see him being tied to the case. Talking about it isn't the same in my view. So he's off limits unless something else comes up. Thanks

Ima

Saw on the last thread something about a helicopter. Just wanted to let you know that there was one that was low-flying over my house around 3 and then another one at 3:30. May be nothing but it may also be something??? This happens every once in awhile and I had a quick thought it could be something for Zahra but dismissed it since the investigation seems to have moved from this area.

Saw on the last thread something about a helicopter. Just wanted to let you know that there was one that was low-flying over my house around 3 and then another one at 3:30. May be nothing but it may also be something??? This happens every once in awhile and I had a quick thought it could be something for Zahra but dismissed it since the investigation seems to have moved from this area.

Where is "this area"? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member