NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Saw the discussion on the mattress on the last thread and found this article:

Mattresses Inspected at Landfill in Search for Missing NC Girl

HICKORY, N.C. --
Investigators hauled away two matresses found at a landfill in Caldwell County, North Carolina. Investigators would not say if they are related to the homicide investigation of 10-year-old Zahra Baker.

Zahra Baker’s stepmother, Elisa Baker, has had two visitors since she was arrested on Oct. 10 , her lawyer Scott Reilly and defense attorney Lisa Dubs.

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2010/oct/14/3/police-drain-pond-search-missing-10-year-old-north-ar-962216/http://www2.wspa.com/news/2010/oct/...d-search-missing-10-year-old-north-ar-962216/
So according to this report AB has not visited EB in jail.
Interesting

Ya'll I had to tell you guys this. Some astute websleuther informed me that there was a matteress and box springs in one of the pictures that I took at the last residence. I called Hickory Police Department and told them. They said they had already covered that area but would pass along the information.

this video (on right) talks about the mattresses near the trailer park.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

Thank you for your pictures.

What I had heard today was that they didn't find what they were looking for at the Landfill. So I just kind of shut it down for the weekend, hoping next week would bring more clues until I read my email and saw the post from hamsterdance.

I see it was you hamsterdance. Thank you sooo much. I got an absolute sick sick feeling when I read your note. I think it may very well be it. I hope to GOD if it was hers that it is still there and they can get what they need off of it.

Thank-YOU kcsmom76! And especially thanks to new user xheraldina for this post on the last thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5715438#post5715438"]NC NC - Zahra Claire Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 #20 - Page 20 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

which shows your pic of the woods & mattress!

I'm wondering if the reports are different about the mattress because of the time they were wrote? These all seem to be from this evening after they stopped searching...

Police end landfill search in case of missing N.C. girl
Authorities ended their search at a North Carolina landfill Friday for a mattress connected to the case of a missing 10-year-old girl, police said. They did not recover it.
Investigators had hoped to use the mattress to confirm interviews conducted as part of their investigation, Hickory police said in a news release. They had also hoped it would provide some DNA evidence related to the case.
More...

Search ends for evidence at landfill
Investigators have wrapped up their search for evidence at a Caldwell County landfill.
Officials called of the search around 3 p.m. Friday afternoon.
Hickory Police say they were looking for a mattress belonging to Zahra that had been disposed of by her parents sometime during early October.
Police say they never recovered that mattress.
More... Video included

Landfill search somes up empty
A team of investigators did not find the mattress they were looking for in a Caldwell County landfill, police said in a release late Friday afternoon. They were searching for evidence related to the disappearance of 10-year-old Zahra Baker
More...

The video on the right. lol

Ohhhhh, Thanks!! I hadn't noticed that. Very interesting. Apparently there is no shortage of mattresses. Still, there is always the possibility they missed a few thrown further into the woods, possibly buried under leaves by now.

I watched it a few minutes ago and there were two mattresses in the woods however the reporter didn't say LE confirmed it was Zahra's mattress.......:waitasec: MOO

"She said authorities lifted the lid and looked inside, but only for a few seconds.

"They's another manhole in the holler that they need to come back and look at," Johnson said.

The place she talked about is hidden in a valley area behind a vacant trailer. It is in the same area where the couple was spotted."

But I wonder if this is the area that they missed, and if it's the same area in kcsmom76's picture!

I wish these people would take it upon themselves to gang together and do a search. They keep talking to the news about their suspicions that something is going on and this and that needs to be checked, if they don't feel it was searched enough then do it! It's right there on their properties and streets. Right in their backyard. Just grab a flashlight, step out the door and do some searching.

I noticed in the interviews there are plenty of young people to put on their sneakers and do a little digging around.

~Also wanted to note: the pictures I took were at the wrong trailer, but the ACTUAL trailer that Zahra lived in was located on a road directly BEHIND these woods.~

I cant watch the videos. Is it the one in picture kcsmom76 took? TIA

In the video
http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

it seems that the 5 day search has stopped in 3 days, reporter questions if LE found all they need???
also LE keeping everything to their vests.
IMO, so they can 'catch AB in lies"
Took fabric off several mattresses to check them out..............

~Also wanted to note: the pictures I took were at the wrong trailer, but the ACTUAL trailer that Zahra lived in was located on a road directly BEHIND these woods.~

I am so proud of you!!!! Great work, great pix........heading in the right direction.

Hard of hearing is the correct and accepted term- it is just the "impaired" part they object to. (and don't even get me started on the cochlear implant debate lol) (of course Deaf is acceptable as well)

The deaf are unique in the sense that their loss of hearing effects their communication so they literally have their own distinct and separate culture and community.

They know they have a hearing loss it is just that they believe there is nothing about being deaf that needs "fixed"

Zahra would have been accepted in the deaf community without question,as one of them even though her loss wasn't profound.

im sorry if i offended you! i didnt know the right term, and actually typed out a few but thought that would be the best? thank you for correcting me :) ...ive always wanted to learn ASL, watching them get so animated with it really makes me want to do it more...it just seems so interesting

Excellent find, I would have never seen that. It looks just like the area of the photo posted here. The young man did state they cut the mattress cover off and took it with them.

Oh my gosh wouldn't it be something if it WAS the mattress. They cut the cover off and took it with them so maybe they are running tests on it.

ETA: When did you call them and tell them about it?

From so many differnet reports given by news, I wonder if their 'leaks' are to confuse the public esp AB.
IIRC AB said 'we knew more than he did.'
I think LE has evidence, keeping close to vest and keeping AB in the dark...........

where is that Monte Carlo????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member