NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article sounds like the mattress may have been one of those found in the landfill search and not a recent find.

Question: if and when they do find her body, don't they have to notify next of kin first? even if they are in jail?

Dudley Shoals Elementary is at 1500 Dudley Shoals Road which is right in the area where they were searching yesterday, but is several miles from Christy Road where they are right now.

From reading the article the mattress was not found on Christy Road right?
I'm confuzzled.

Sounds like the mattress was found before they went to Christy Rd.

So, from the article I would guess the mattress was found on Dudley Shoals Rd. and they are still searching on Christy Rd.?????

That's an excellent point.

Relentlessly trying to verify the information they have been told, by trying to find the mattress that contains Zahra. :(

I have been watching crime shows for a long time and so has my husband and I even asked him "Have you ever seen LE cut the cover off of a mattress?" He said no. I tend to agree with him. They usually just cut a swatch out for testing. I'm sure I haven't seen or heard of all cases but I just haven't heard of them removing the whole cover before.

IF this is what happened you can better bet someone helped EB carry that mattress out of that house (where ever they were living at, at the time). I truly believe Zahra has been dead for 6+ weeks. Only time will tell.

MOO and that that jazz.

From reading the article the mattress was not found on Christy Road right?
I'm confuzzled.

Sounds like the mattress was found before they went to Christy Rd.
actually... the only thing mentioning the mattress find/le statement was on the front page of the link... when you click on the actual article there are no further details about the when the where, etc....:waitasec:

www.wsoc.com

Well, unless the media got it wrong (which is certainly possible) I am thinking that there is no body in the mattress or they wouldn't be needing to send it off to the lab for confirmation.... MOO

The article sounds like the mattress may have been one of those found in the landfill search and not a recent find.

I read it to say it was found TODAY, before they got to Christy Rd.

So, I'm thinking they must have found it by the school.

JMO

Kind of like the million-plus spent out in Portland when one person may know all...let's hope this case does not stretch into month upon month...

Wait, did I miss something at the landfill? Were LE cutting into the mattresses they found?? That could lead credence to the rumor. Or OTH it could be the source of the rumor.

That "sewing" rumor from the WCNC comments section was actually posted here, on Thread #18, several days ago. It was, I think, deleted - it was a rumor, after all - but I found it via a Google search. So if it winds up being true, it's a very interesting thing: how was this known days ago, and posted here? I think it will wind up being nothing more than a repeat of an earlier rumor.

Now that is a very good question.

actually... the only thing mentioning the mattress find/le statement was on the front page of the link... when you click on the actual article there are no further details about the when the where, etc....:waitasec:

www.wsoc.com

Oh, I thought it said Tuesday.

Will read it again.

they have updated the article:

Police found a mattress matching the description of one they are looking for in connection with the disappearance of 10-year-old Zahra Baker, law enforcement officials told Channel 9.
Last week, a team of investigators searched a Caldwell County landfill for a mattress belonging to Zahra that had been disposed of by her parents sometime in early October, police said. On Friday, police said that search came up empty.
• Landfill Search Comes Up Empty In Zahra Case
However, on Tuesday, officials said a mattress found matches the description of the one they’re looking for and will be tested at state labs for DNA evidence.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25516624/detail.html

looks like it was the landfill mattress

I guess there are several ways you can read this. This is from Nurse's link:

However, on Tuesday, officials said a mattress found matches the description of the one they’re looking for and will be tested at state labs for DNA evidence.

Also on Tuesday, investigators began searching along Christie Road in Caldwell County. They blocked off an approximately two-mile stretch of Christie Road on Tuesday morning and began searching there. The area is about seven miles away from where investigators searched on Monday.

Wasn't he picking his Mom up at the airport last night? When he was arrested or right before he turned himself in at the station (depending what article you read)

I think Zahra's grandmother is here.

Unless I missed something.

speculated. not confirmed

Last week, a team of investigators searched a Caldwell County landfill for a mattress belonging to Zahra that had been disposed of by her parents sometime in early October, police said. On Friday, police said that search came up empty.
• Landfill Search Comes Up Empty In Zahra Case

snipped from
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25516624/detail.html

I have been watching crime shows for a long time and so has my husband and I even asked him "Have you ever seen LE cut the cover off of a mattress?" He said no. I tend to agree with him. They usually just cut a swatch out for testing. I'm sure I haven't seen or heard of all cases but I just haven't heard of them removing the whole cover before.

IF this is what happened you can better bet someone helped EB carry that mattress out of that house (where ever they were living at, at the time). I truly believe Zahra has been dead for 6+ weeks. Only time will tell.

MOO and that that jazz.

So, if the mattress is where Zahra ended up, then that would likely mean her murder WAS premeditated, since EB took her to pick out a new bed.
Why do that, KWIM?

That "sewing" rumor from the WCNC comments section was actually posted here, on Thread #18, several days ago. It was, I think, deleted - it was a rumor, after all - but I found it via a Google search. So if it winds up being true, it's a very interesting thing: how was this known days ago, and posted here? I think it will wind up being nothing more than a repeat of an earlier rumor.

Oh I must have missed that post. I really do hope it's nothing but a rumor but IF true then someone has some splainin to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member